Sandor Clegane is Sansas perfect match

MacHawk

Well, since you people generally seemed to be not in favor of Arya sticking her sister with the pointy end so to speak, I am seeking other ways to redeem Sansas' character and I really think the best outcome for her would be to marry Sandor Clegane (if he has not become a monk, or if he has to perhaps use her female guile to give up his spiritual pursuits for her "best weapon" as sweet Cersei was wont to say.).

Marrying "Dog" would offer her the protection she really needs and she in turn could provide him with all that love and care that he never had from his somewhat karmically conflicted family and so long as he didn't turn the other cheek i think their lovemaking would be sensational on screen.

Now, cos I don't have all the books infront of me i want some of you Westeros permanent dwellers to provide with some back up quotes for this argument.

Awaiting further entertainment.

Sandor does have a rough past, but he seems to be trying to make up for it and change his ways. I loved the scene in the series where he makes his pivotal change "ef the kingsguard, ef kings landing, and ef the king" or something like that.

If Sansa can get over his scarred face, it could be like beauty and the beast. Sandor would make a great northern holdfast lord at the very minimum. He is a great fighter who would do pretty well in protecting the stark line if they got married (of course, the kids wouldn't have the stark name).

Hot girls have married ugly dudes before. It wouldn't be the first time.

Doesn't this ever end? Since I haven't raged about this anywhere on the forums let me do it here now ;)

I think it's nothing short of sick to pair up a 13-year old girl and an at least 20 years older brute who contemplated raping her. SanSan is even worse than Brienne/Ser Hyle shipping, the object of my personal pet rage.

I think it's nothing short of sick to pair up a 13-year old girl and an at least 20 years older brute who contemplated raping her. SanSan is even worse than Brienne/Ser Hyle shipping, the object of my personal pet rage.

When does he ever contemplate raping her?

Doesn't this ever end? Since I haven't raged about this anywhere on the forums let me do it here now ;)

He's 27 in GoT.

And as far as the rape goes, I assume you're talking about the scene after Blackwater. That particular subject has been hashed to death, so search around and you'll find lots of compelling evidence that he never planned to rape her.

I can't see a wedding per say but I do think Sansa has found some understanding of why he is the way he is.I also believes they have a relationship forming, just not in the way of san/san. He has saved her life more than once and did offer to take her home.{of course he was going to ransom her} but he at least asked. I can see something playing out at the Vale where Sandor falls on his last dying breath and she is there to give him comfort while he passes.

Jessica Lange would have better luck marrying King Kong rather than Sansa marrying Sandor.

When does he ever contemplate raping her?

Just to answer this, at the end of ASOS, when he is badly hurt and suicidal and wants Arya to kill him, he starts talking shit and confessing fucked up things he had done to piss her off into offing him. One of the things he said is that he meant to and should have raped Sansa bloody the night of Blackwater.

Like the poster above said, it is debatable because we don't know why he came to her in Blackwater in the first place and he was very desperate to die in ASOS. He could have been saying the truth(perhaps a final confession) or he could have been just trying to get Arya angry enough to give him the "gift". Nobody knows. We'll never have a Sandor pov, so we most likely will never find out either.

As far as Sansa and Sandor go, I don't see why Sansa needs redeeming or being with Hound would redeem her for whatever it might be. I ain't sayin nuthin else.

This is one of the cues that alerted me to the fact that the internet holds many people that are very, very odd.

Its not like it shouldn't be clear that Sandor is likely one of the few people in KL who has ever shown any notable worthwhile valor, both to Sansa directly and just in front of Sansa.

Its not like that might be the only reason a terrorized, manipulated preteen girl might possibly hold affection for such an ugly soul.

SanSan shippers are worse than Ash and pikachu shippers. Easily.

meh i never thought he went to her room with the intention of raping her. That GRRM chose to write the "You won't hurt me" "No little bird I won't hurt you" dialogue for that scene on the show only reinforced my belief but no one but him knows for sure.

The way these two are now, it would be a disaster on so many levels. But in the future, when Sansa is a grown woman and if Sandor becomes someone capable of having a healthy relationship....absolutely. Either way, whether romantic or not, their relationship is pretty important for both of the characters' development. It's pretty difficult to discuss one without bringing up the other.

Will never understand why people have to judge others on their shipping preferences -sigh-

Archived