Is it too obvious that Jamie... [SPOILERS]

Mormont'sRaven

How do we know that? Did i skip something in my reading? :blushing:

No it is not confirmed yet. But there are facts which make it very likely in my opinion.

The dude at Quiet Isle doesn't really answer Brienne's question about Sandors death. He only says, that "The Hound" is dead and Sandor "at rest".

Also Sandors horse "Stranger" and that really huge man (the gravedigger) are both there.

This and the fact that Gregor is probably not dead already (and has to be killed) makes it pretty likely that Sandor is alive as well.

Of course all this could just as well be trolling by GRRM.

Still this would be my favorite besides Jaime beeing the Valonqar.

• 2 months later...

will kill Cercei?

Think about it, that prophetess said that she will be killed by her younger brother so we're all supposed to think Tyrion but isn't Jamie younger by a minute or two?

Thus, HE will be the one to strangle Cercei and NOT Tyrion.

Is it too obvious or am I clearly wrong?

Aaha, yes, I wondered this too but couldn't recall whether or not we knew that Jaime was younger or not

According to this: "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

The valonqar is Tyrion.

Jaime has only one hand left and do not forget Cersei's dreams. In all there is only Tyrion, not Jaime. In the books, dreams are almost always PROPHETIC no matter if its involved or not a prophet or a prophetess.

• 2 weeks later...

the profound love he had towards Cersei has faded to naught. So it wont be a surprise if he is the valonqar who chokes the life out of her!

I think burning her letter of plea was only metaphorical, waiting till it happens literally!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just posted about this in the Brienne + Jaime thread.

I also thought that AFFC set up Jaime as the Valonquar. Cersei has two younger brothers & GRRM kept deflecting all the attention to the hatred between Cersei & Tyrion.

I also think that if Jaime kills Cersei, that will open up the possibility that Brienne can kill him with a minimum of guilt (he might ask it, or welcome it).

Edited to add: Yes, if Jaime kills Cersei w/ Oathkeeper, I think that would help. Oathkeeper already has strong Lightbringer potential (Ned killed with his own sword); I also thought it might work if Brienne kills Jaime w/ the sword.

• 1 month later...

Oh this will be fun

Bran! - Wouldn't that be excellent if somehow he warged and killed her (preferably by falling)... probably not likely though.

Tommen - no idea how this would happen but it would be excellent

Stannis - execution for treason

Sandor Clegane - protection for Sansa or someone else

Loras - Revenge for the false accusations against Margaery

Theon Greyjoy - He'll be with Stannis, sack of Kings Landing maybe?

Rickon - He hasn't done anything else... might as well kill Cersei as a 6 or 7 year old. haha

One of the Kettleblacks - retalliation for their brother

The Blackfish - ....no idea how/why though

The Red Viper - ...the world's slowest acting poison perhaps? :cool4:

Perhaps Howland Reed had an older sibling... he is the most interesting man in westeros after all.

My vote's on Tommen. He does seem a bit weak (since he's controlled by his mother in a way Joffrey never was) but he seems really fond of Margaery. What if the Tyrells persuade him to kill his mother? Or even if he finds out about his mother's true nature (incest + having fucked half of the court) and kills her?

I know LF and Lady Olenna orchestrated and killed Joffrey, but was it Olenna who actually put the poison in the goblet or someone else? I know Tyrion lied to Jaime when he said he did it to spike Jaime, but I wasn't sure how Olenna was able to get it in the goblet after she took the gem from Sansa's hairnet. I know Tyrion was not involved, but do you think Jaime will figure out Tyrion was telling the ttruth about one thing and lie about another? Jaime thought to himself Joffrey deserved to die, but do you think he will exact revenge on Tyrion just the same especially if he thinks Tyrion really did kill Joffrey? Varys stated Jaime was very persuasive in why he helped Tyrion escape, but do you think it was more for Tyrion to kill Tywin than actually helping him? Obviously Varys knew an escape from the black dungeons and did nothing to help Ned because there was nothing in it for Varys.

I also thought that AFFC set up Jaime as the Valonquar. Cersei has two younger brothers & GRRM kept deflecting all the attention to the hatred between Cersei & Tyrion.

I also think that if Jaime kills Cersei, that will open up the possibility that Brienne can kill him with a minimum of guilt (he might ask it, or welcome it).

That or they are both aldeady dead in Dondarion fahion and therefore bound to slay Cersei and Stannis respectively.

After all, Jaime's dream established their flames are supposed to burn for as long as he and Brienne are together and it would make for a bittersweet ending as they would have an eternity to make up for the life they couldn't live before they became what Dondarion was.

Nothing is obvious. Cersei's prophecy says "the valonqar" which means "little brother" but unless i'm misremembering, Maggy never said "your valonqar" so it could well be Jaime or Tyrion, but it's possible it could be Rickon, Bran, Sandor, Loras, Garlan or any other younger brother

Nothing is obvious. Cersei's prophecy says "the valonqar" which means "little brother" but unless i'm misremembering, Maggy never said "your valonqar" so it could well be Jaime or Tyrion, but it's possible it could be Rickon, Bran, Sandor, Loras, Garlan or any other younger brother

Good point. For all we know, it could even be Drogon's valonqar and the hands in her neck two blazes of dragon fire.

• 2 months later...

Oh this will be fun

Bran! - Wouldn't that be excellent if somehow he warged and killed her (preferably by falling)... probably not likely though.

Tommen - no idea how this would happen but it would be excellent

Stannis - execution for treason

Sandor Clegane - protection for Sansa or someone else

Loras - Revenge for the false accusations against Margaery

Theon Greyjoy - He'll be with Stannis, sack of Kings Landing maybe?

Rickon - He hasn't done anything else... might as well kill Cersei as a 6 or 7 year old. haha

One of the Kettleblacks - retalliation for their brother

The Blackfish - ....no idea how/why though

The Red Viper - ...the world's slowest acting poison perhaps? :cool4:

Perhaps Howland Reed had an older sibling... he is the most interesting man in westeros after all.

Victarion is a valonquar and at least one of his "hands" would definitely stand out against a pale white throat...

Archived