[Spoilers] Stark Revenge Possibilities are growing lesser and lesser...

gamer9726

Bran will be the new Blood Raven and warg into one of the dragons.

Sansa will regain Winterfell and get even with LF. LF will fall in love with Sansa who will use his feelings for her to "slay the giant". Ironic since his unrequited love for her mother caused much of the trouble that the Starks have endured. His unrequited love for her daughter will be the end of him.

Rickon will return with armies including Children of the Forest and become Lord of Winterfell at least, maybe King in the North.

Arya will wander Westros, killing at will, like her wolf.

Jon will warg one of the dragons. He, Danny and Bran will use the dragons to help wipe out the zombies.

The war will be won, but at great cost. There will be no magic left in the world. This would be the bittersweet ending.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the starks will make it but there will be one more death for them sad but i see it happening, I do agree though that most of the enemies they have kinda have killed themselves already much like the targs enemies. I see them helping beat the others and restoring winterfell though

I don't see how the Stark's chances for revenge are diminishing in the least. Jon grows ever closer to the Lady who can spawn the doom shadows, Arya is becoming a faceless man, Bran is becoming a Greenseer and was already a stupidly dangerous warg, Stoneheart is wiping out the Frey's. I suspect even Rickton is dangerous with his Warging powers.

I don't see how the Stark's chances for revenge are diminishing in the least. Jon grows ever closer to the Lady who can spawn the doom shadows, Arya is becoming a faceless man, Bran is becoming a Greenseer and was already a stupidly dangerous warg, Stoneheart is wiping out the Frey's. I suspect even Rickton is dangerous with his Warging powers.

Welcome!!

The fact that Jon was willing to abandon his vows to kill Ramasy shows that when you tease a direwolf, its going to bite. And for the fact that it took the Lannisters 3 books just to kill 3 Starks and have one of them revived. Show plainly that the Starks are going to purserve like they always do. And one a closing point "The north remebers" so even if all the Starks died in the first chapter of the next book, there are the Karlstarks, and the rest of the North to take revenge on the lannisters, boltons,and freys

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Who said the Starks needed to get revenge on the Lannisters? From where I sit, the Lannisters seem to be doing a pretty good job destroying themselves all on their own.

If anything, I'd say there is a pretty strong message in the books on the futility of vengeance. Dany wants revenge on the Usurper's Dogs, most of whom are dead. One killed by his wife and another killed by his son. Jaime may still be alive but he's missing a hand, depressed, and estranged from his sister. Sandor led a life motivated by revenge against his brother, turning him rather bitter and cynical. LF is partly motivated to get revenge against the humiliation he received in his youth, leading to several immoral acts, murder, and the corruption of a rather idealistic young man.

Besides, we're already seeing that fate does a pretty good job dealing out punishment on its own. I wouldn't want to be on Arya's prayer list as those people seem to be dropping like flies. Sansa's wish for Janos Slynt's head being chopped off was taken care of in Dance by Jon, Tyrion killed Tywin, and the Red Viper killed the Mountain.

As to the Lannisters, their hold on the throne is tenuous, Cersei is going crazy, Tyrion is a kinglsyer and believed fkingslayer who is in exile, I already brought up Jaime, Joff is dead, it looks like other Lannisters are going to be killed of at a RW 2.

I think the Freys and Boltons will be taken care off too.

For me, I'd find it to be a great ending if the Starks are back in WF, putting the pieces of their lives back together. It'd be a great revenge to show that after everything, the Starks survived and came out on top. I have every confidence that will happen.

As for Roose not killing Robb, I think you need to take a closer look.

I think the Starks will survive just because of the fact they will not actively plot to "avenge" or seek revenge on the Lannisters. I think that if the Starks still living were consumed with revenge then it would be the death of them.

• 8 months later...

Jon will survive being stabbed. He will be revived by Meilsandre, who reveals to him that due to his "death" his vows to the Night's Watch are null and void, meaning he can ride south. However, he is told Melisandre to find Howland Reed, as he must know the truth about his mother before he does anything else. Jon will find Reed, who will tell him that he is not the son of Eddard Stark, but is, in fact, the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Jon will spend on POV chapter coping with this fact. He also realizes he has a claim to the Iron Throne, also knowing of Dany and Aegon. All he wants is to find what remains of his family, take Winterfell back, and make the Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters pay for what they've done to his family. Jon will ride south, gaining support along the way. As people hear he is Rhaegar's son, and the nephew of Ned Stark, they will follow him. The Boltons will hear about Jon, and will start to become a little scared. They realize they aren't just dealing with a Stark bastard anymore, but someone who could very well be the next King of Westeros. Jon first strikes at Casterly Rock with his growing army, liberating Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey from captivity. They then go to Riverrun, where Edmure revives the Tully army. Jon then goes to the Twins, where he captures Walder Frey. However, Walder Frey dies of a heart attack before anything can be done. By this point, the Boltons are petrified. Roose realizes that Jon has done more that Robb ever did. Eventually, Jon and his army make it to the Dreadfort, where Jon fights and kills Ramsay. As he gets to Roose, Arya arrives, saying she wants to be the one to kill Roose Bolton, as she was there the night of the Red Wedding. Against his better judgment, Jon lets her. Arya doesn't immediately kill him, but ties him to a cross similar to the one in the Bolton sigil. She tortures him, similar to how Ramsay tortured Theon. Jon is horrified and disturbed by this. While he wanted to exact vengeance on Bolton, he also realizes that he can't become the very people he swore to dethrone. Eventually, Arya flays Bolton, who only has skin on his hands and feet, she then straps him upside down, mimicking the Bolton flag. She then stabs him, the way he did Robb at the Red Wedding, uttering the words, "Robb and Catelyn Stark send their regards."

If the question is taken as whether the Starks are in a good position or not, you can make arguments either way. With chaos unleashed in Westeros, the fortunes of any house could go either way quickly.

Besides, if the Boltons Freys and Lanisters all drop dead of natural causes tomorrow, who cares? I rather see the Starks save the dawn than get revenge.

He will kill them, and then reunite them, having them meet again in a brightly-lit church: as commercially-crafted piano music plays, we watch the Starks move in slow motion, hugging and smiling at each other, happy and content because of the soothing, audience-tested decision to give them a family reunion, even if they're dead, and even if its a total cop-out.

Oh, and Theon will will wait outside in a wheel chair.

THE WORST GOD DAMN EPISODE OF ALL TIME. WASTED MY TIME WITH LOST

i can see quite a few more starks dying and maybe never getting full revenge, but I dont think they will be fully killed off. for example, one of the books was going to be called "a time for wolves" or something along those lines. quite a bit could have changed since their in martin's mind, but not that much. i could see jon, sansa, bran, and arya dying, but I think that jon, arya, and rickon are probably going to survive, im not really sure why, maybe just how the story looks so far. then again, things could change very fast

I think that's part of the brilliance of it though — the Starks will come back not because they sunk to the level of the Lannisters and pulled off some glorious vengeance agenda, but because they bided their time, stayed true to who they were, earned the loyalty of their bannermen, grew up and matured and persevered even as everyone else was going mad and destroying themselves.

Exactly: The Starks will have their return through loyalty, of their bannermen and an ideal of justice.

Remember Bran's thoughts:

"The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I’m not dead either."

And remember the most famous Brandon of the Starks is Brandon the Builder. I think Bran will have a very important role in rebuilding the Stark family. And winter is coming, which means the tables are going to be turned and the Starks have an opportunity to come out on top.

I think there is a rule that the male Starks are the political idiots and the She-Wolves are "Dangerous Women". It really shocked me when Jon took out Janos Slynt. Well, Jon is half a Targaryen.

I suppose Stoneheart and Sansa and of course Arya will take care of all available targets in time.

I think that's part of the brilliance of it though — the Starks will come back not because they sunk to the level of the Lannisters and pulled off some glorious vengeance agenda, but because they bided their time, stayed true to who they were, earned the loyalty of their bannermen, grew up and matured and persevered even as everyone else was going mad and destroying themselves.

This, all the way.

Jon will survive being stabbed. He will be revived by Meilsandre, who reveals to him that due to his "death" his vows to the Night's Watch are null and void, meaning he can ride south. However, he is told Melisandre to find Howland Reed, as he must know the truth about his mother before he does anything else. Jon will find Reed, who will tell him that he is not the son of Eddard Stark, but is, in fact, the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Jon will spend on POV chapter coping with this fact. He also realizes he has a claim to the Iron Throne, also knowing of Dany and Aegon. All he wants is to find what remains of his family, take Winterfell back, and make the Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters pay for what they've done to his family. Jon will ride south, gaining support along the way. As people hear he is Rhaegar's son, and the nephew of Ned Stark, they will follow him. The Boltons will hear about Jon, and will start to become a little scared. They realize they aren't just dealing with a Stark bastard anymore, but someone who could very well be the next King of Westeros. Jon first strikes at Casterly Rock with his growing army, liberating Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey from captivity. They then go to Riverrun, where Edmure revives the Tully army. Jon then goes to the Twins, where he captures Walder Frey. However, Walder Frey dies of a heart attack before anything can be done. By this point, the Boltons are petrified. Roose realizes that Jon has done more that Robb ever did. Eventually, Jon and his army make it to the Dreadfort, where Jon fights and kills Ramsay. As he gets to Roose, Arya arrives, saying she wants to be the one to kill Roose Bolton, as she was there the night of the Red Wedding. Against his better judgment, Jon lets her. Arya doesn't immediately kill him, but ties him to a cross similar to the one in the Bolton sigil. She tortures him, similar to how Ramsay tortured Theon. Jon is horrified and disturbed by this. While he wanted to exact vengeance on Bolton, he also realizes that he can't become the very people he swore to dethrone. Eventually, Arya flays Bolton, who only has skin on his hands and feet, she then straps him upside down, mimicking the Bolton flag. She then stabs him, the way he did Robb at the Red Wedding, uttering the words, "Robb and Catelyn Stark send their regards."

I like the poetic justice of your ending, but I don't think it will happen. And I certainly don't expect to Arya, even with her revenge fantasies, turning into a Bolton flayer.

I agree wtih Apple and others that the Starks will survive, persevere, and so forth because they will remain true to themselves and not stoop to the the methods of other houses. One other thing--before the series is done, it looks like some of the Starks will become lynchpins in the war against the Others. That is a much more Stark-like preoccupation than playing the Game of Thrones. With any luck, they will end up presiding over a newly-established Kingdom of the North. And into that kingdom they will welcome the Wildlings. I don't see that as a sappy ending, but the logical conclusion for a house that (until Rickard) always kept its eye on the prize. In a way, "Winter is coming." is a reminder to prepare, to persist, and to survive through the worst. After all, because they hardly played the Game (except Robb), they focused on the long-term problem that really threatened Westeros.

Archived