Rhymes of Ice and Fire Has a Fevre Dream - Come Join Us!

Howling4Reed, one of our brilliant bards, came up with the idea that we do a serial read of Fevre Dream by George RR Martin. The book will be passed around all of the bards wishing to join in, going to Canada and around the US, over to the UK, onto Europe and then finally to New Zealand. Each of us will sign the book, and maybe write a message and add some pictures too.

We've begun from California's Great Central Valley. The book is now winging it's way to Toronto, Canada, to yours truly Fragile Bird, as 2nd reader. We are also creating a blog which will be added to this message. We’ll keep the blog updated with pictures and messages and we’ll show you exactly where the book is on various maps. Hopefully we’ll have a completed map of the book's travels at some point too. Promoting reading, and GRRM, like a boss!

And the bards of the Rhymes of Ice and Fire extend an open invitation to all of you, our friends in Westeros, to join us! Why not set up your own serial read of Fevre Dream or any other one of George RR Martin's books with your friends here on the forum, or read along with us and follow the book's journey. We will be using this thread to discuss the book and comment on its travels.

We welcome your thoughts and comments!

From the bards of the Rhymes of Ice and Fire

/correction

I second what Lady said - if the book can get back to FB or to me in time for TitanCon, that'd be awesome. We should bring it along for sure :D

You better send us a postcard with all of you and the book there! I will be sure to publish it while you are away! :)

You better send us a postcard with all of you and the book there! I will be sure to publish it while you are away! :)

Good idea! :D There will be tons of pictures of TitanCon, don't you worry ;) Bringing the book along definitely has to happen, we have 3 months for it to get to one of us going.

List of participating bards, for my own mind really ;) Damn football messing up names:

Howling4Reed

OnionAhaiReborn

Fragile Bird

Dark Night Full of Ninja's

Winter's Lady

Little Miss Sunshine

Buckwheat

GrumkinAhai

Dena

Dracarya

Baitac

Jcooper

Slurms McKenzie

Silver Spearwife

Kissdbyfire

Har! We are the Thirteen! :smug: Now plus a Spearwife two Spearwives, one kissed by fire ;)

The order also needs to be sorted out. So far we have H4R sending it to FB. Discuss :D

Howling4Reed

OnionAhaiReborn

Fragile Bird

Dark Night Full of Ninja's

Winter's Lady

Little Miss Sunshine

Buckwheat

GrumkinAhai

Dena

Dracarya

Baitac

Jcooper

Slurms McKenzie

So Slurms, Dena and LMS decided to join in? Cool.

This order needs sorting out: first America, then Britain (yes, we have remembered till now that Britain is not Europe) and then a little around to NZ.

Edit: How much Euros is $4,90, H4R? I checked the prices from me to other lands and they are horrible.

So Slurms, Dena and LMS decided to join in? Cool.

This order needs sorting out: first America, then Britain (yes, we have remembered till now that Britain is not Europe) and then a little around to NZ.

Is there a need for this? What's wrong with saying it'll be in the UK when that's where it'll be? Sick of being trolled about it tbh.

Well, in my crazy head I had another idea, that might add a little extra fun.

We (or anyone who wants to follow our example :) ) could try to use the same package over and over, and everyone could add a sticker from their homecountry when they get the book.

So it would start to look like one of those old fashioned traveling suitcases.

All it takes is a sharp knife and a bit of luck with the shipping :D

What do you think?

Is there a need for this? What's wrong with saying it'll be in the UK when that's where it'll be? Sick of being trolled about it tbh.

I apologise. I meant it as a joke, because we said before as a joke and I did not expect you to react that way.

I hope I did not upset you and if I did, I sincerely apologise.

I apologise. I meant it as a joke, because we said before as a joke and I did not expect you to react that way.

I hope I did not upset you and if I did, I sincerely apologise.

Yeah but it's gone a bit far now tbh. A joke's a joke, but it's getting old. Move along, next trolling session please :) It's not just you, don't worry.

I like Lady's idea. I'll get my special envelope-opener out :smoking:

Archived