Wyman Manderly, your picks

hombay

I recently watched I, Claudius and found Brian Blessed's performance outstanding but far too boisterous and loud for Wyman in my opinion. Is that how he always is, or can he be more quiet and composed? Haven't seen him in anything else.

I recently watched I, Claudius and found Brian Blessed's performance outstanding but far too boisterous and loud for Wyman in my opinion. Is that how he always is, or can he be more quiet and composed? Haven't seen him in anything else.

Absolutely not. That's Blessed's thing, he dominates scenes with his booming voice. It's why I've never really seen him as Manderly. King Robert would have been his ideal role.

Absolutely not. That's Blessed's thing, he dominates scenes with his booming voice. It's why I've never really seen him as Manderly. King Robert would have been his ideal role.

As I suspected. Not a very good Wyman then, in my opinion.

Although he would've been great as Robby B if he had been younger.

• 5 weeks later...

The fat fuck who announces the news in Rome. Can't find a name for him.

Yeah, he's perfect for Wyman! Thanks for looking up the name.

Yes! I agree 100%

Would be great if they got him. So far they already have two actors from Rome, maybe the can get Mr. McNeice as well.

Ian McNeice. Not a bad shout.

Someone suggested Stephen Fry somwhere else and it got me wondering whether he could portray an authoritarian, somewhat menacing and calculating badass. Plus he's lost a lot of weight the last few years, he'd need to bulk up again.

Ian Mcneice is the ONLY pick for this role. No point in discussing further and he is a Nina favorite so i call it likely to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

If a man is a great actor it shouldn't matter if the character was originally white. In a recent BBC production of Henry V they cast Paterson Joseph as the Duke of York. When I saw the publicity stills I thought "Well, shit, that's odd..." but that was soon followed by "But, shit, Paterson Joseph is fucking awesome!"

No shit he's awesome! He made Survivors so much more enjoyable, and was pretty cool during his guest spot on Hustle. I'd love to see him in some role on GoT in the future, probably someone from Essos somewhere.

Brian Blessed would have made a great Tormund, but they've gone with someone much younger and more fit. I've been wracking my brain for a long time trying to figure out what role left would be good for Blessed, and have yet to figure out the perfect role for him.

And the only person to play Manderly is McNeice!

Archived