Are Lannister fans.... evil?

Saxony

Totally. Ned and Cersei's conversation about the lineage of Robert's children revealed they weren't as different as you'd imagine.

How so? You can't get more different than truth/lies or honor/deceit...

Oh, you think Ned doesn't lie to Robert? Think again. His reasons may be a little less selfish than Cersei's, but he's still committing high treason just as she is.

I agree that ultimately, the differences between Lannisters and Starks aren't that great. The Lannisters are more dysfunctional though, more ambitious and way more ruthless.

Still, there are quite a number of Lannisters I like. Tyrion, of course, but there are two others I really respect. One since ASoS, another one since AFfC.

Jaime and Kevan, that is

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across A feast for crows. Read it and didn't quite understand a lot of it. Duh! but Jaime is the only character I can really relate to. Ned Stark is such an idiot and Cersei acts like any ambitious person with no scruples. After reading a Game of Thrones, I think the Lannisters are nothing more than ambitious and aggressive. What makes these novels truly historically accurate is that many powerful families of the time acted in that very way.

What I love about the series(books and show) is that it's not black and white.

You come to love a character and then hate them later on or vice versa. So far I'm up to the 4th book, and things change for me back and forth.

For me, I hate Cersei and Joff, and I love Tyrion Lannister.

Another example - I hate and love Jaime Lannister. It changes throughout.

I started off as a total Stark loyalist and I still hope they win out but even as you are just starting out with book 1, you have to love Tyrion. It's just not negotiable. As the books went on, I have also come to like Jaime and Kevan and I at least respect Tywin. I've been sworn to House Baratheon since Ned screwed up though.

I think like any other family in this book there are good eggs and bad ones. For one I think Tyrion is good as gold but I also think Cersei is a TRUE b***h.

Tyrion is one of my favorite characters from the book and the show.

I'm even starting to like Tywin since he seems like a very smart man.

Brand new to the forums, still reading the first book GoT.

But I've been checking out the merchandise and I've seen T-shirts at Snorg Tees that say things like, "It's Great to be a Laniister" and "Lannister for President".....

Are there really fans of the series that side with the evil ones?? And if you're here reading this - WHY?

yes lannister fans are evil! except for tyrion fans !! winter is coming for all of them! it is known

No, I don't think so. I mean, I won't spoil anything, but the Lannister family isn't just "evil". They're probably the most deep family of characters I've read so far. I enjoy reading Tyrion chapters. I do hate Cersei and Joffrey, though.

No, I don't think so. I mean, I won't spoil anything, but the Lannister family isn't just "evil". They're probably the most deep family of characters I've read so far. I enjoy reading Tyrion chapters. I do hate Cersei and Joffrey, though.

If anything this sums up a lot of Lannister fans. I can think of Starks I dislike just as much as I dislike certain Lannisters. With out trying to spoil anything I can say with

out any doubt that I hate Cat and Sansa just as much as I hate Ceresi and Joffrey. In fact if there is a "group" that is evil, try looking beyond the banners and sigils!

Cersei is that type of character people love to hate... and which can be fascinating to read at times.

The Lannisters in general are not exactly on the good side of the scale :P, but damn their chapters are interesting!

Love to see them use their wits.

If anything this sums up a lot of Lannister fans. I can think of Starks I dislike just as much as I dislike certain Lannisters. With out trying to spoil anything I can say with

out any doubt that I hate Cat and Sansa just as much as I hate Ceresi and Joffrey. In fact if there is a "group" that is evil, try looking beyond the banners and sigils!

Wow! I can't imagine hating Cat or Sansa! But I dare not underestimate GRRM and his ability to shock and awe me.

Fascinating!! I've been telling everyone I know that they're missing out on the greatest story ever told. :)

He holds honor above logic. He played his cards terribly in kings landing and ultimately it cost him his life.

This is an opinion I see a good bit on the board: Ned Stark should not have warned Cersei of what he was going to do, and was an idiot because he chose to do this. In reality, Ned was attempting to avoid the murder of more innocent children. It's obvious that he feels deep regret over his inability to help Elia Martell and her children.

Would it have been better for Ned to throw aside his honor and protect his own neck? Should he have kept quiet and not warned Cersei, even if it meant that Joffrey (who cares), Myracella, and Tommen were murdered? I don't think so. He did the right thing. It was the honorable thing to do, and yes, he died for it.

One of my favorite movies, Open Range, has a line where Kevin Costner's character is responding to a fearful man who won't stand up to a greedy rancher. He says, "You may not know this, but there's worse things than dying."

I always think of that line when this comes up.

How far into aGoT are we? I do not want to spoil the fun for the book readers...

Let's just say that the Cersei "I know who your baby daddy is" could have been handled differently... mostly because

it resulted directly in Robert's death.

Archived