Which characters scare you that shouldn't?

l3ol3o

Another vote for Patchface.

Last person I'd want to be locked in a room with?: Biter

I'm starting to fear Arya---I'm afraid she's going to kill Daenerys--part of the whole Bravos hating dragons old feud.

I have come to fear Qyburn---the vivisection gets me every time.

But, of course, most of all I fear George Martin.

Daario's creepy because the way he strokes his wanton hilts...with smile of golden teeth.. *shudder*

Arya is definitely going towards the creepy end. Eating a phantom worm from an eye socket?

I have to agree with people who find Selyse and Shireen creepy.

Euron's supposed to be creepy right? Well i actually think Vic is even more so. Finding beauty in 7 beautiful maiden's burning to death just doesnt do it for me.

Patchface is the biggest one for me.

"That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood"

I know, he creeps me out too. Although, Moonboy, Shagwell, and Butterball creep me out too.

On the one hand, I really like Jorah Mormont. On the other hand, I sometimes think that if this truly was a grimly realistic story, he would end up beating Dany to death when she definitively rejects his love the next time he sees her. He is just too obsessed. It's sad, but also somewhat creepy.

Okay, women complain about the misogyny of the fans of this series, and then you say something like that and take it to the opposite end. Mormont is interested in Dany, yes, but that doesn't mean he would do something like that. Only people with serious problems do that. Women expect men to be forward in pursuing them, but then complain that it's creepy when a guy is interested, but they aren't. What is a guy supposed to do?

ETA - I'm sorry if that came across harshly, but I think the men getting abusive with a woman they want but can't have is a pretty nasty stereotype.

ETA - I also think it would be completely against Mormont's character. Abusive men are usually controlling or show some signs of anger issues. Jorah is almost too doting when it comes to women. He got himself in trouble in the first place by trying to give his wife everything she wanted.

Varys, especially TV Varys, always gives me chills. His soft voice, his ability to change his looks, his ripping the tongues put of his "little birds"... everything abput him kinda scares me.

And here's another vote to Patchface. In fact, I find all the (jesters? buffoons? what is the right word?) disturbing, but Patchface is the worst, IMO. That "I know, I know, oh oh oh"... :unsure: And he really seems to know! which makes him even more scary.

Okay, women complain about the misogyny of the fans of this series, and then you say something like that and take it to the opposite end. Mormont is interested in Dany, yes, but that doesn't mean he would do something like that. Only people with serious problems do that. Women expect men to be forward in pursuing them, but then complain that it's creepy when a guy is interested, but they aren't. What is a guy supposed to do?

You're talking about someone who was so obsessed with the last woman he loved that he sold people into slavery. I don't have a problem with men being interested in ladies... I actually am a somewhat (not very) embarrassed Sandor/Sansa shipper. But Jorah's feelings for Dany are just not healthy, for her, OR for him. This isn't a criticism of men at large; it's a criticism of Jorah specifically.

I'm with Jolene Brown on Jorah Mormont.

It's interesting because I've been reading the books since forever, and in Dany's PoV she always looks at Jorah with affection and adds how hairy he is and how unattractive she finds him. Because of that, while I like his character, his feelings toward Dany in the books always gave me a sort of heebie-jeebie vibe, because it should be apparent that she doesn't feel the same way, but he makes a move on her in ASoS anyway. (This may be a bias from personal experience.)

But then in the television show they cast Iain Glen and made Jorah Mormont Hollywood Ugly-which is to say, not ugly at all. Watching him in the series without Dany's internal commentary of 'Oh, you're into me. And I am so not into you.' has made the character much more sympathetic to me, to the point that this sympathy has bled over in the books when ADwD came out, in spite of all attempts at rational thought! And that's been weird. (I have a friend that says the same thing happened to her with Alfie Allen->Theon)

But yes. Jorah's relationship with his second wife definitely didn't strike me as healthy. Getting exiled and then being found with a silver-haired prostitute? Creepy.

You're talking about someone who was so obsessed with the last woman he loved that he sold people into slavery. I don't have a problem with men being interested in ladies... I actually am a somewhat (not very) embarrassed Sandor/Sansa shipper. But Jorah's feelings for Dany are just not healthy, for her, OR for him. This isn't a criticism of men at large; it's a criticism of Jorah specifically.

I understand what you're saying, but Jorah hasn't shown any signs of being a woman beater. He sold people into slavery because he ran out of money spending it all on his wife. He never hurt her. It does indicate that maybe he tries too hard to please women, but that doesn't mean he would resort to violence. He seems to deal with unrequited love like most people do, and that is by getting depressed to some extent. The dude definitely has issues, but I just don't think getting abusive with a woman is one of them.

ETA - I will admit, he does seem to have unhealthy feelings towards women. He needs to stop worshiping them so much. He seems like a person who would do almost anything if the person he loved wanted him to. That is messed up.

I understand what you're saying, but Jorah hasn't shown any signs of being a woman beater. He sold people into slavery because he ran out of money spending it all on his wife. He never hurt her. It does indicate that maybe he tries too hard to please women, but that doesn't mean he would resort to violence. He seems to deal with unrequited love like most people do, and that is by getting depressed to some extent. The dude definitely has issues, but I just don't think getting abusive with a woman is one of them.

ETA - I will admit, he does seem to have unhealthy feelings towards women. He needs to stop worshiping them so much. He seems like a person who would do almost anything if the person he loved wanted him to. That is messed up.

Well that's why i said if it was a more grimly realistic story. I don't think the Jorah as written by GRRM would go there, but he scares me because I think he is walking too close to that line in letting his obsession get that out of hand, and if this was The Wire or Oz, that might be where his story would end.

Viserion. Damn dragon is too quiet. I know the dragons are supposed to be scary so it probably doesn't count in this thread, but we tend to see displays from Drogon and Rhaegal.

At least with Drogon and Rhaegal, I know what I'm dealing with- hungry and bad-tempered.

But I always remember when the dornishmen came to release the dragons, Viserion was already loose, had been for while and was digging a hole through the pyramid.

I don't think it was a lair, I think it was either going to a be tunnel or an integral part of a plan to trick his gaolers into leaving the door open. The dornish men gave him an opportunity to go for the latter approach.

An angry dragon is one thing. A smart one is something else all together.

If I have to pick a seemingly harmless character, I'd choose fat Ser Manderly and that High Septon.

Am I the only one not creeped out by Patchface? The first time I read the "oh oh oh" part I immediately thought of Santa Claus...

Anyway, these characters scare me:

Lysa - she came off as a crazy crow lady, and the show made her even scarier

Sweetrobin - because he's so creepy when he clings to Sansa or throws any sort of fit, and for some reason his name, with the word "sweet" in it, makes me think that he has that stinky sweet smell of really old/sick/dying people

Victarion - I don't know that guy is just nuts and cruel and makes me feel sorry for anyone that crosses his path

Agreed I mean that Under the sea shit and the "I know I know oh oh oh ." is just downright creepy. It makes me think he has something to do with the drowned god.

My brother has a theory that Patch saw those "dead things in the water" when he was drowning and that plus trauma made him so crazy

I'm personaly scared of Arya. I know people love her but that kid is turning in to a sociopat,fast.

Archived