Where is Euron?

fusedafuse

The last thing we heard about Euron was that he was doing some raiding, right? I'm pretty sure that Euron is going to make a reappearance in tWoW, my only question is, where?

I've thought about him secretly going with Victarion, but dismissed the idea for a couple of reasons. First, the bloody king of the iron isles was elected, the guys who just made him king would definitely recognize him, and I doubt that they'd 'disrespect' their captain Victarion Greyjoy, they are Ironborn after all. Second the ironborn didn't want to go to Dany. That's why Euron sent Vic in the first place, right? Because the ironborn wanted to stay around Westeros and get some nice loot. They wouldn't just 'allow' their king to sail off to distant lands.. I think

So here's my guess, pretty much at the beginning we we'll see Euron again, not at some weird place no one expects him to be at, but he'll end up in the Reach, Oldtown's my guess. We have Samwell there, a POV that can't do anything other than reading about dragons and others, and maybe see how a citadel burns and how the ironborn kill some maesters. I think we're gonna see an Oldtown raid pretty early in tWoW.

Another guess would be that Euron wants to show his prowess and convince his people that a new era for them has begun, and he will attack Highgarden. Pretty sure Highgarden is next to a huge, wide river, perfectly made for viking-like boats from Pyke. I would love to see what getting attacked at their capital would do to the Tyrells and all the plotting they do, they seem to be much to safe for my liking. The only problem is, we don't have a POV in highgarden, the only person near it is again Sam, and it doesn't look like he'll leave the citadel soon.

So what do you think? Where will Euron pop up next?

Well Euron is definitely a wild card.....

He may attack Oldtown like you suggested, then moving on to strike at the heart of the reach by taking Highgarden.

Or he may instead strike at Lannisport or other towns of the Westerlands. His people want wealth where better to attack than Lannisport the most thriving port of the wealthiest region of Westeros, and in doing so he, he is able to show the ironborn and all of Westeros that he is someone to feared.

But who knows, maybe he'll send fleets to different places and launch a widespread strike against Iron Throne. Imagine the news that Oldtown, Lannisport, Seaguard and the Arbor have all been attacked. That would really shake Cersei up, and then she's bound to do something stupid and we'll all get a good laugh. :laugh:

Well the Redwyne Fleet is coming for him, so he's probably going to play hide and seek with them until Victarion gets back. Maybe we'll get a huge naval battle. He may also try and set up some alliances with enemies of the Starks/Tyrells. I'm thinking Aurane Waters, some Westerlands/Riverlands bannermen, perhaps even Dorne.

Well the Redwyne Fleet is coming for him, so he's probably going to play hide and seek with them until Victarion gets back. Maybe we'll get a huge naval battle. He may also try and set up some alliances with enemies of the Starks/Tyrells. I'm thinking Aurane Waters, some Westerlands/Riverlands bannermen, perhaps even Dorne.

I don't think alliances are part of his plan somehow...

The only prediction i could possibly make about what Euron will do next is that it wil be sinister and probably sadistic. Beyond that... his plot potential is unfathomable, I mean who the hell knows what kind of magical contrivances he could have!

I love the idea of a major naval battle, but didn't Lord Redwyne set sail from Dragonstone for King's Landing when his sons were put on trial by the Faith? He definitely knows that the Shield Islands have been invaded by the Ironborn, but I doubt he could get to The Arbor fast enough to stop Euron from attacking it.

I don't think long term alliances are part of his plans, but I suppose it is possible for him to hire Aurane Waters and his fleet.

Euron is going to be a very big wildcard in TWoW...

I love the idea of a major naval battle, but didn't Lord Redwyne set sail from Dragonstone for King's Landing when his sons were put on trial by the Faith? He definitely knows that the Shield Islands have been invaded by the Ironborn, but I doubt he could get to The Arbor fast enough to stop Euron from attacking it.

I don't think long term alliances are part of his plans, but I suppose it is possible for him to hire Aurane Waters and his fleet.

Euron is going to be a very big wildcard in TWoW...

i remember that it was Garlan Tyrell that was going to be leading the men, or maybe I'm just misremembering.

i remember that it was Garlan Tyrell that was going to be leading the men, or maybe I'm just misremembering.

Yeah, Garlan is the one who's gathering up the Reach soldiers and he's supposed to lead the counter attack on the Shields. But he can't be everywhere at once, and the Ironborn could attack a lot of important locations in the Reach, like the Arbor or Oldtown. So, I've always thought that Redwyne needs to hurry to get back to the Arbor if he wants to keep it.

Attack Oldtown or Highgarden? Isn't their main strength, the Iron Fleet, way over in Essos?

You're right, the Iron Fleet is with Victarion, but don't the Ironborn have many more ships? Also I don't think that Oldtown would be very well guarded. A city of maesters and lazy people is no match to the battle prowess of the Ironborn, and the Tyrell armies are far north in the Riverlands, I think. I even believe Oldtown was mentioned in AFFC, how it was under danger because the Ironborn had just taken the Shield Islands.

IDK, I've only read AFFC once and it was some time ago...

You're right, the Iron Fleet is with Victarion, but don't the Ironborn have many more ships? Also I don't think that Oldtown would be very well guarded. A city of maesters and lazy people is no match to the battle prowess of the Ironborn, and the Tyrell armies are far north in the Riverlands, I think. I even believe Oldtown was mentioned in AFFC, how it was under danger because the Ironborn had just taken the Shield Islands.

IDK, I've only read AFFC once and it was some time ago...

The Hightowers, who run Oldtown are a very powerful House who are reported to be as rich as the Lannisters and have three times more soldiers than any other Tyrell bannerman with a fleet of their own, and thus far kept out of the fighting. And they responded to the Shield Isles attack by building ships and harbor defenses, training more men, and sending one of theirs to Lys to hire sellsails.

So I really don't see a Ironborn attack succeeding, not without Victarion and the Iron Fleet.

The Hightowers, who run Oldtown are a very powerful House who are reported to be as rich as the Lannisters and have three times more soldiers than any other Tyrell bannerman with a fleet of their own, and thus far kept out of the fighting. And they responded to the Shield Isles attack by building ships and harbor defenses, training more men, and sending one of theirs to Lys to hire sellsails.

So I really don't see a Ironborn attack succeeding, not without Victarion and the Iron Fleet.

Oh good, or maybe bad. I just had that beautiful mental image of the citadel burning and all its book and knowledge, how to beat the others or dragons, would burn with it. Well I agree it would be a bit stupid to engage either Oldtown or Highgarden then, but I still feel like Euron is gonna do something, Iron fleet or not.

If he is up to an alliance, the only possibility I see is Auranne Waters.

Maybe taking LOras as a hostage... But sure it will be nice to see the southern lords getting attacked by all sides... Euron, Dorne and Aegon..

I've thought about him secretly going with Victarion, but dismissed the idea for a couple of reasons. They wouldn't just 'allow' their king to sail off to distant lands.. I think.

I think Euron secretly went off with Victarion with plans to seize the dragons, (which I suspect were foiled by Moqorro without him even being aware of them). If the person who stayed behind to rule the ironborn is just one of Euron's men under a glamour, nobody would know the difference.

If he is up to an alliance, the only possibility I see is Auranne Waters.

Maybe taking LOras as a hostage... But sure it will be nice to see the southern lords getting attacked by all sides... Euron, Dorne and Aegon..

Again, why not Cersei? To flesh it out a bit, all this pre-supposes that she survives her trial of course. But...

1. Cersei, hates, hates, hates the Tyrells, and definitely hates being beholden to them. She was pretty clearly hoping for Loras to get killed attacking Dragonstone.

2. Cersei no longer has, well, anyone to keep her in check.

3. Cersei has a history of seducing people to do her bidding and

4. Being blind to the agendas of those she's seduced (and well, plenty of other people she hasn't seduced too)

5. Euron, for the reasons other folks have laid out above, is likely not actually with the Iron Fleet.

6. And since the Iron Fleet is mostly halfway around the world, he's not gonna be able to withstand the various combinations of Tyrells, Hightowers, Redwynes, and Northerners that are all pissed off at him. He's going to need some sort of interim alliance to keep from getting completely wiped out.

7. Euron is described as attractive and extremely smooth and manipulative, but aside from maybe Cersei, there's literally no one feasible to turn to with any power that I can see.

8. Likewise with Cersei. The Tyrells see that she's dangerous, the Dornish see it, and the North certainly sees it.

Without forseeing exactly how these two would get together, I they just seem like they obviously should get together.

Cersei would be a great possibility. I have never even considered it, but I like it. Though I don't think Cersei will like the way she'd be treated by Euron. Eventhough he might tell every not ironborn person that he deerly loves her, I just can't see him treating her with any respect. No, Cersei would become a saltwife, and she'd be lucky if she kept her tongue.

Aren't we supposed to get an Aeron Damphair POV in TWOW? Last we've heard he is missing and Euron's men had been hunting down the drowned men.

I suspect Aeron is plotting something, something to undermine/attack Euron. The fan boy in me wants me to see him try to raise a Kraken from the deep or summon the Drowned God to sink Euron's fleet. Though I suspect his real attempt will be much more feeble and we'll get to see Euron's idea for taking control of Westeros as he monologues right before Aeron's death.

Archived