Where is Euron?

fusedafuse

Well, Bloodraven also has one eye, the other is a black socket. The roots of the trees are growing in and out of his body like tentacles and as I said, he is in the chapter that immediately follows Morqorro's prediction. There is also blood symbolism in that chapter when Bran eats the weirwood paste.

I'm not saying its a given its Bloodraven, but that was my first thought instead of Euron. Euron always seemed too obvious to me. There is no double meaning in "sailing a sea of blood" if its Euron and I'd like to think that phrase has more meaning than meets the eye.

Do squids have ten arms? Gonna sound stupid here but do they have the same number of limbs as an octopus? Pretty sure the Greyjoy flag only has four arms anyway.

What would bloodraven do exactly? This better not turn into the "I'am gonna warg your dragons bitch!" plot. Would Bloodraven care about helping Dany? I mean this was a prophecy from Moqorro's POV and he might try to bind the dragons to himself as a fire worshipper. So obviously he would see the Old Godiffied BR as evil and a threat. I assume warging would be more powerful than the horn or that he could affect it.

Why be so elaborate? Why wouldn't Euron just have taken command of the Iron fleet once it left for sea? its been established that Vic won't touch him.

Because he is a player, not a pawn. This way Vic does all the dirty work and risks his life while Euron can show up and take the spoils. Also, with the Iron fleet at sea the Iron born raiding the coast around Old Town are sitting ducks. Without the Iron Fleet I don't see how the Ironborn will be able to deal with the Redwyne Fleet. So I doubt Euron would stay there.

Do squids have ten arms? Gonna sound stupid here but do they have the same number of limbs as an octopus? Pretty sure the Greyjoy flag only has four arms anyway.

Well actually, they kind of do have ten arms. I didn't realize it until now, hell I haven't even thought about it, but squids have 8 short arms and 2 very long tentacles. While in biology there is a clear distinction being made between tentacles and arms, in a prophecy, a medieval world, a book or literally anything that isn't biology, you could say a squid has ten arms.

The missing ships as evidence that Euron is close by strikes me, too.

Within the Iron Fleet there are going to be captains who are loyal to Victarion, those who are loyal to Euron, (and those in-between). Some of the missing ships are legitimately missing, but those loyal to Euron might make up a large % of the rest. Allow Vic to get in there and fight the Yunkai, killing off many of Vic's best and most loyal, then sweep in and grab the dragons. The horn is probably already bound to Euron, so he's letting Vic take care of that part for him too. Euron knows Victarion is too dumb to notice which ships are missing, though Victarion's new badass arm and prowess are a bit of a wild card. Though not enough to matter if Euron can actually control the dragons.

Nasty plan if true.

But could Moq powers be a total red herring? He seems to be the most powerful red priest, hasn't been wrong and his powers are immense. Could he really have been that blind to the danger of the horn having, I don't know a double enchantment.

But could Moq powers be a total red herring? He seems to be the most powerful red priest, hasn't been wrong and his powers are immense. Could he really have been that blind to the danger of the horn having, I don't know a double enchantment.

Well, Moqorro thinks that a kraken in a sea of blood is supposed to be a great threat to Daenerys. And now he gets picked up by a savage reaver who sails under a kraken banner. So naturally it's in his interest to sabotage Victarion, if he wants to help out Dany.

I makes me wonder if perhaps Moqorro could have misinterpreted the signs since Victarion seems to want to help. Or maybe Moqorro correctly reads the signs because Euron is actually the real player and his intentions for Danaerys are less friendly.

I think the latter. Moqorro thinks that he's helping Dany out by deliberately leaving out crucial information about how the horn works--I suspect that it has to be claimed with the blood of the horn's previous owner, but it could be something else--but in fact he's only smoothing the path for Euron to step in.

Before reading through this thread, i was going to say that Euron was already hiding somewhere in Mereen, maybe disguised as someone else (obviously not somone we know, because no one else is currently rocking eyepatches). But I like the thought that he's hiding out within the fleet somewhere.

I'm willing to predict that if he is hiding out somewhere in the fleet, he'll make himself known during the Batle of Mereen when Victarion or whoever sounds the horn, or at the very end of the battle, when everyone else is exhausted.

Well, Moqorro thinks that a kraken in a sea of blood is supposed to be a great threat to Daenerys. And now he gets picked up by a savage reaver who sails under a kraken banner. So naturally it's in his interest to sabotage Victarion, if he wants to help out Dany.

Well, if the horns out of the equation and if hes in Essos. What would be his plan B? Try running the old pirate charm on Dany? Even though shes married and already has Daario as a lover. Maybe Daario can do some good and keep that one eyed, blue lipped kraken out of her.

But then Euron would be in a lot of trouble. Dany is far away. Moqorro no doubt knows from vic about his one-eyed brother. Tyrion could figure out hes scum. Barristan will NEVER trust an Ironborn. Then you have Daario and Jorah who are like to kill Euron out of jealousy. Course he could be the one who delivers the warlock prophecy threat and who knows what magic they might have.

However, we know there are Aeron Damphair chapters and that the Ironborn are still very much active in Westeros. Leaving the Ironborn to whither just doesn't seem to add up and wouldn't explain the neccesity of Aerons chapters.

ps. Am I the only one who doesn't like all the possible dues ex machina's that end in Danys dragons being stolen? Its not as if Dany has massively benefited from them up until now.

Well the Redwyne Fleet is coming for him, so he's probably going to play hide and seek with them until Victarion gets back. Maybe we'll get a huge naval battle. He may also try and set up some alliances with enemies of the Starks/Tyrells. I'm thinking Aurane Waters, some Westerlands/Riverlands bannermen, perhaps even Dorne.

What ever happened to Aurane Waters? He took the Sweet Cersei and a couple others and dipped out!

I agree that the dusky woman is someone hidden with a glamour, and I'm guessing it's either Marwyn or Euron.

No way! she could be an informer hidden by glamour... But Marwyn was still in the citadel, by westeros other end, when she joined the Iron Victory...

And Euron.... seriously? I don't see a single good point to that... and Euron probably wouldn't be very happy if he passed long months locked in a cabin being fucked by his brother all nights....

No way! she could be an informer hidden by glamour... But Marwyn was still in the citadel, by westeros other end, when she joined the Iron Victory...

And Euron.... seriously? I don't see a single good point to that... and Euron probably wouldn't be very happy if he passed long months locked in a cabin being fucked by his brother all nights....

I get the idea that Euron does not think like other people. Who knows what he's into or how far he'll go. For that matter, who knows how much magic he knows, considering his voyages all over the world.

In any case, I think he's close, and he's observing his brother from somewhere nearby, looking to clean up after Victarion falls on his proverbial sword.

I agree that the dusky woman is someone hidden with a glamour, and I'm guessing it's either Marwyn or Euron.

I dont see how this is possible due to the Victarion chapter from WoW GRRM read at the recent con.

We have Samwell there, a POV that can't do anything other than reading about dragons and others, and maybe see how a citadel burns and how the ironborn kill some maesters.

Its entirely possible...but you have to realize there are a lot of characters and as a lesser character you can expect Sams' chapters to be minimal. Why not get some inside info on dragons/others in one, find out what Jaqen is up to in another, then leave a third for either a decision for his next step or the GRRM Cliffhanger Special?

Attack Oldtown or Highgarden? Isn't their main strength, the Iron Fleet, way over in Essos?

I iron fleet isn't necessarily their main strength. The are definitely the elite fleet that they have, perhaps the best fleet in Westeros. But I don't think the comprise the majority of their ships.

Archived