Speculation: Jon Snow will be the Prologue Character

Housefires

For my money, I think Jon will survive in a very earthly and easy manner, treating his wounds. GRRM loves shattering expectations and since everyone would expect this cliffhanger to be a major turn in the story it would be a minor one.

Prologues :

AGOT -> Beyond the Wall (North of Westeros)

ACOK -> Dragonstone (South of Westeros)

ASOS -> Beyond the Wall (North of Westeros)

AFFC -> Oldtown (South of Westeros)

ADWD -> Beyond the Wall (North of Westeros)

To respect the north/south alternation, the next prologue should be in the South !

And the POV of the prologue always dies... Since we just had 2 big deaths in King's Landing, I think it will be in some other place.

My guess is Balon Swann, who can be killed by dornishmen or by Darkstar.

What if... The prologue character is the Faith's Champion...

Following the logic of previous prologues, it will be a new or minor character, and he will die...

That's an interesting prologue, however unlikely. It is more likely than a Jon's one though.

The Prologue ends with his death, like all the others.

Well, I would like this it would be interesting. But a small note. It could be his death as Jon Snow, a summer young man and a sworn brother of Night's watch, a Stark bastard but the beginning of his birth as Azor Ahai Warrior of Light and an Ice Dragon. During TWOW could be in a comatose state or warged into Ghost when his body will be in an ice cell (and the readers would not know what happened to Jon) and either at the epilogue of TWOW, or the prologue of ADOS he will raise as Azor Ahai Warrior of Light and an Ice Dragon.

Archived