YOUNGER QUEEN = VALONQAR

Mladen

I know we have already discussed about million times, who actually is the younger, more beautiful Queen that will replace Cersei, and we talked about who valonqar really is(Jaime or Tyrion, or anyone else). But, the funny thing is valonqar means younger, smaller sibling, and all three ladies we considered about new Queen, are actually younger sibling. Dany(3rd child), Margaery(4th child), Sansa(2nd child, also if you count Jon, she would be 3rd child). Younger Queen is supose to take everything that Cersei holds dear, and valonqar is suposed to take her life. I see many things Cesei holds dear, but her life is on top of that list. She is a woman with really strong sense of selfpreservation. So, what do you think? Are we going to have cat fight, in which new Queen shall be risen as victorious?

Valonqar (like other high valyrian nouns, iirc) is gender neutral, but she does say "his" hand.

The younger, more beautiful queen could be either Dany, Sansa or Margaery.

The valonqar could be Cersei's younger brother or someone else's. She didn't say "your valonqar" she said "the valonqar".

After the events of Feast, lots of people believe Jaime will be the one to strangle her though.

Let me propose a crackpot theory - Cersei will be horribly mutilated so that everybody will be more beautiful than her, and the younger, more beautiful queen will turn out to be Shireen.

I'd love that. Poor Shireen.

Can someone help out a board noob and tell me how we know valonqar means "little brother," por favor?

Cersei found out what the word meant "little brother" from a Septa after hearing Maggy the Frog's prophecy told her the "valonqar" would kill her, and when a Tyroshi brings her a dwarf's head, he claims it is her "valonqar" (ie, Tyrion).

valanqar means little brother. not sister. maggy the frog's prophecy clearly states that the valanqar will wrap HIS hands around cersei.

sorry to bring the rain.

Well, maybe, but I don't necessarily share your complete certainty. Foreign language is a bit trickier than all that, especially High Valyrian.

We already know Cersei mangles her High Valyrian (Qyburn has to correct her that 'Maggy' isn't a nickname, but it's a title, Maegi), and we've seen High Valyrian play tricks in terms of gender elsewhere, like when Aemon realises that it's not the Prince that was Promised, but also Princess, since words having a gendered implication in the High Valyrian language were influenced by dragon's asexuality.

Maybe the word means "little sibling" and is gender neutral, but when Cersei asked the Septa "who is/what is my valonqar?" they would have answered your little brother, as Cersei only has brothers, and that's the only answer that makes sense in context.

I could see it being Arya, Cersei is on her list.

Cersei might be the only one left on her list by the time Arya returns to Westeros. (I think Ser Ilyn Payne is going to kick the bucket before that).

Who else is left?

I read somewhere that the young Queen who might bring Cercei down is Arianne Martell. there is a theory she might marry young Griffin (Aegon) and bring her down. about the little Volanqar, I think we got allready the most predicteable characters: Tyrion, Jaime, Dany(the young queen or little Valonquar) or it could be a lannister of lannisport? a little brother of a distant part of the family (though far fetched)

I still believe it will be Arya. If valonqar is gender-neutral, then Arya fits, as I don't think it was explicitly stated that it would be Cersei's valonqar. Or Arya could continue her FM training and go disguised, maybe as Tyrion or Jaime, or another 'little brother'.

Archived