Prophecy - The towers by the sea

A Storm of Swords, Tyrion III:

I think there is another reference to krakens which makes it probable that they exist, but I can’t seem to find it right now.

But I don't think they believed it actually existed. He giggles after saying it, as if it's ridiculous. Especially since he follows it with a report of a three headed dragon being born. I believe they may have existed, but are currently believed to just be a myth, like the Others.

There's so many places with towers and a sea that it's impossible for us to guess. Everywhere from Meereen to Dragonstone to Oldtown to Three Towers to Pyke to Eastwatch to the Twins to Casterly Rock to Sunspear is a bloody possibility. We don't have enough information to actually make a coherent guess, and every suggestion has just as little backing as the one before it.

Wouldn't she have seen pyramids rather than towers then.

I like the notion that it's Casterly Rock attacked by the ironborn. If it happened just after Theon's execution it wold be one of the most ironic moments in the entire series.

Turns out, that Meereen has towers, too, including watchtowers on every corner of the wall.

Mel is looking for AA and hints of the outcome of his battle. She has only Stannis and the North in mind. But in the east the battle of fire is about to start while the dragons allready are loosing fire and smoke over Meereen.

GRRM connects those events, when he talks about the battle of fire (in Meereen) and the battle of ice (in the North). If the events are connected in his mind, there might be a connection and that is why Mel sees it.

But well, that's only speculation, too.

Actually heres another idea. the CoTF apparently used their greenseers to try and cut the neck. hence why its so narrow. Bran is growing in power. If he felt he needed to slow the Others advance, he could, use his ability to permanently split asunder North and South. This would, quite literally flood the Twins and kill thousands of people in a swoop.

My only problem with this theory is Bran can't really control any really big powers right now instead of looking into the trees... I think he has a long ways to go before going god mode destruction.

OMG, Aeron Damphair is going to go insane if this happens. "The Drowned God takes the Freys! We must appease his wrath! It is a warning! Down with one eye!"

No... would be the opposite: "The drowned god is helping us in are wars against the non-believers! The sea has spoken!"

Archived