What is your most crackpot theory? v.2

Angalin

Yes, I kinda had the same thoughts (amongst many others!). With regard to Aerys being the father of the 3 heads, this would explain Jaime's killing Aerys and his protecting of Tyrion... as a King's Guard knight, not as a brother. Not that I fully believe in this theory, but one thing I am convinced of is that Jaime knows something about Aerys that nobody else knows, hence his killing him. Mind you, it works another way: Jaime is the son of Aerys, he knows it, kills him (and sits on the throne...) and this would also explain his rejecting Casterly Rock and protecting the 'true son of Tywin', true Lannister heir, Tyrion.

I think Tyrion is more likelly than Jaime, if only for narrative reasons: I think the three heads of the dragon would be all characters that are POV since the very beginning. If you look at the whole of the books as Song of Ice and Fire (as Martin probably does, thus the title) it would make more since if the heads were to be followed through all their tragetory. Under that assumption, you could say that the books are ASOIAF + The Story of House Stark's fall and comback.

I think Tyrion is more likelly than Jaime, if only for narrative reasons: I think the three heads of the dragon would be all characters that are POV since the very beginning. If you look at the whole of the books as Song of Ice and Fire (as Martin probably does, thus the title) it would make more since if the heads were to be followed through all their tragetory. Under that assumption, you could say that the books are ASOIAF + The Story of House Stark's fall and comback.

Concur about the 'POV from the beginning' analysis - it's one of those thoughts 'amongst many others' I had :) - and the 'POV frequency' analysis very much points towards Tyrion as the final winner...

Irri and Jhiqui are actually Azor Ahai and the Great Other and every time they pull an "it is known" they're not only 100% correct, but are also earnestly attempting to educate those around them as to how the story and fate of the world will pan out...they're just too annoying and seemingly dumb for anyone to take them seriously. :P

There is only one Faceless Man in the world. This person is also every character who ever helps Arya.

Syrio = Jaqen = FM who killed Balon = Kindly Man = Yoren = waif.

I love this theory except for Yoren. I think it would be awesome if Syrio = Jaqen = Kindly Man. Although in the show Jaqen retained his voice. Not sure if that is how it is in the books. I feel like I remember it saying it wasn't Jaqen's voice. If they change voices it's very possible.

My theory is Nymeria will kill Arya as revenge for hitting her with a stone...

These are all crackpot theories because I haven't thought them out and they're from me.

Jon will discover his true parentage when his near death (or death) experience allows him to tap into the network of weirwood trees and see snippets of his life through their eyes. He realizes he is the Ptwp/AA and also a targaryen so he gives his betrayers to the red God and leads windings and the NW to an epic battle against the others.

The whole guest right thing is actually really old but simple and powerful blood magic that releases a curse when someone harms his or her guests. So the those of Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters who were involved in the red wedding will see nature itself turn on them, or have similarly horrible things happen to them (Frey pies, tywin killed at hands of his own son, etc.) 

Now I don't 100% subscribe to this only 30%...I think that the Great Other is an actual Ice Dragon. Why would they exist? Well I could ask why do fire breathing dragons exist. Why haven't they appeared in the story 5 books in? They are waiting to launch their full attack. First they send out a few Others and wights to take out as many people as possible.

Which brings me to the Great Others and Others agenda. They are not evil at all. They are the orgins of all magic. Which is why they haven't been seen for thousands of years. Same reasons why you saw them return first then the dragons. When they sleep magic goes aways. When they awake, magic returns. Why are they returning? To collect a blood debt, which is the cost of humans and other humanoid races for using magic.

I for some reason would like to read more of this

I have another crackpot theory... Really crackpot this time.

Jaime , Cirsei and Tyrion are all the children of Tywin... And Aerys II. Aerys seduced / raped / coerced Joanna Lannister twice. For whatever biological or magical reason, both Aerys' and Tywin's semen were involved in their births: the first time it lead to twins, the second time it lead to a chimera (a brilliant idea I read in another thread), explaining Tyrion's different eyes.

Remarks: a chimera is a creature with a three-part body and three heads: goat (?)... Dragon and lion. In this case, Tyrion can still be the true son of Tywin, as stated by his aunt. Some Targaryens did have green eyes, as reminded by Dany in AGOT ('opal eyes'). In Greek mythology, Chimera was daughter of Typhoon... 'Stormborn'.

Tyrion can't be a chimera unless one of the parents has brown or black eyes (dominant gene). Joanna and Tywin green eyes, Aerys purple, all recessive.

Assuming George is doing real biological science.

Tyrion can't be a chimera unless one of the parents has brown or black eyes (dominant gene). Joanna and Tywin green eyes, Aerys purple, all recessive.

Tyrions Black eye could be dark purple

1. Eyes' colour genetics are not that simple...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color, especially for violet /purple / green.

2. I would not expect a Chimera to be the result of any logical genetic rule! From a genetic dominant / recessive point of view, it just can't happen (one sperm should have been dominant to start with).

3. I don't really think this theory is right anyway, as I said it's just crackpot and this is the right thread to let it go ;)

4. I have read many of your posts and I have always liked the way you were making your points (to which I very, very often subscribe :agree:) without necessarily discarding other members' hypothesises. I therefore am quite taken aback by your categoric negation of my thesis. :frown5:

Hi Jo,

First, thanks for the nice things you said about my posts.

I did skip some steps in my answer. We (not you and I but the forum) have discussed this topic in the past, so I went right to the conclusion. My bad; kindly forgive.

A chimera is the result of two zygotes merging into one embryo http://en.wikipedia....imera_(genetics). Since Joanna had one set of fraternal twins already, we know that she does have multiple ovulations, so this would make it possible that Tyrion started as fraternal twins that merged. However, that would mean one twin had black eyes, which I am interpreting as the very darkest of brown. Since no possible parent, and I do believe Tyrion is Tywin's ONLY natural child, has the brown eyed gene, there could have been no black eyed twin available for the merge. We could go out on a limb and reason that the twin had aniridia, but that is also a rare condition.

All this assuming that George has studied genetics beyond the Wikipedia level and is applying such knowledge to his story. I have studied genetics on the graduate level and may expect too much of him in this regard. Or not; he is clearly a brilliant and well read man.

So, from a genetic standpoint, it is possible but highly unlikely that Tyrion's two different eyes are due to chimerism. From a literary standpoint, the chimera imagery has interesting possibilities, and may be important considering we have two other examples of characters with two different eyes, those being Shierra Seastar and Euron Greyjoy. Or not; they left it out of the TV show entirely, so the detail may be unimportant in the grand scheme.

Hi Teal,

From a literary standpoint, the chimera imagery has interesting possibilities, and may be important considering we have two other examples of characters with two different eyes, those being Shierra Seastar and Euron Greyjoy.

Exactly my thoughts, full scientific relevance (but crossovers, but vanishing twins...) should not be a theory stopper in ASOIAF... after all 'it's a kind of magic' ;)

Or not; they left it out of the TV show entirely, so the detail may be unimportant in the grand scheme.

Very good point indeed. Definitely crackpot then ;)

EDIT: And you are of course forgiven :cheers: !

My theory is that we get a time jump between ADwD and the next book. At least a couple of years. Most of the characters are in places where they could reasonably stay put for a while.

The north is snowed in and that could freeze the fighting up there (so to speak.) Or they could be forced to turn their attention to the Others along with the NW. Jon's fate would have to be explained in flashbacks. Probably Jaime and Brienne as well.

The fighting in the south could be explained to bog down and be dragged out for a couple of years as winter set in.

Arya, Bran and Sam are training. Dany is consolidating her army and moving towards Westeros. Tyrion is serving with the sellswords. Cersei thinks she's won and is safe.

Grey-scale is linked to Skagos. The "stone-men".

This is a nice lead into my cpt...

Somehow greyscale is linked to magic. We know the freefolk fear greyscale based on Vals little freak out about Shireen. So upon Danys arrival to Westeros with Victarion and that horn of his, or whatever Rickon learned on the mysterious Skagos. The magic that has been holding the stone dragons of Dragonstone in limbo (greyscale dragon castle!!!!) will be lifted. A plethora of dragons will awaken to destroy everying in their path.

Here's mine, but it's not so crackpot:

Skagos isn't a barbaric place at all, and is actually richer and better looking than Bear Island...in fact, Rickon is enjoying a lord's (or King's?) welcome there, and is in the hands of a house that still acknowledges loyalty to the Starks.

Archived