Which word in Westeros bothers you?

As a non-native English speaker, I love this thread! Because it reminds me of how my native language (Dutch) has the same origin as (Old)English.

It's al West-Germanic! The words you hate, like teats, nuncle, cunt, etc. are words that are exactly the same in Dutch and are still used today (not in a normal conversation though ;))

The feeling I personally get from reading this words, is one of the reasons i love ASOIAF. It feels old! It feels medieval! It draws a bond between old European cultures and the heritage our cultures share.

I personally dislike the word 'coz' because it feels to modern, to slang for me. But I know it dates from way before Shakespeare. Still, don't like it. :)

They should stop calling a vagina a 'sex' and start calling it something better, like minge, clunge or vertical ham sandwich

I just laughed out loud. I had to look up clunge (my new favorite), Minge is one of my favorites though. Are you from the United Kingdom?

Coz kills me.

The numbers!!! The numbers piss..me...off! Two and ten...ten and two....it's twelve!!! Freaking twelve! :bang:

I feel better now. -_-

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

Archived