Their worst mistakes...

Ice Turtle

Sandor Clegane - Drinking heavily on an empty stomach

Gerold Dayne - Calling himself Darkstar like a total wanker

Beric Dondarrion - Reviving Catelyn

Melisandre - "WHY DOES THE FIRE KEEP SHOWING ME JON????"

Priceless :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Starks

Ned - trusting Petyr Baelish (am I the only one who call him by name?)

Cat - taking Tyrion to the Eyrie

Robb - sending Theon back to the Iron Islands

Sansa - in all honesty, Sansa had too few choices so far for me to few confortable saying she did any bad ones. The closest would be failing to reveal her true identity to Bronze Royce.

Arya - same as Sansa, she had too few true choices so far.

Bran - same

Jon - failing to better challenge Stannis

Lannisters

Tywin - not marrying again. His sons needed decent tutelage.

Cersei - choosing to kill Jon Arryn instead of bargaining some sort of escape with him.

Jaime - trying to kill Bran

Tyrion - not killing Tywin earlier

Greyjoys

Theon - attempting to resume his life as an Ironborn

Vic - not accepting Asha as "Hand" or perhaps not engaging in open rebellion against Euron

Baratheons

Renly - trusting Stannis' honor, although he could hardly be expected to anticipate such a low maneuver

Robert - not divorcing Cersei early on

Stannis - not giving up his hollow claim; later, killing Renly and Cortnay Penrose as well. Stannis is a walking disaster-maker.

others...

LF - directing his hurt pride towards being such a wicked man

Daenerys - trusting the Shavepate

Refusing Ned's offer, then.

The reason why she didn't accept it was probably pride and hunger for power but I still don't think she could have done it, Tywin would have never agreed and without him she had no money or power.

How is this a mistake except in the meta "Jon's Wall plotline is mind-numbingly boring so it should never have happened" sense?

If Jon was there I bet he would have spent more time with Bran and Rickon that Robb did. Rickon wouldn't be half as wild and Bran would feel less abandoned. He might have even listened to Osha. If he later went south with Robb, he would have agreed with Cat on not sending Theon to the Iron Islands, he would have probably insisted on exchange of Jaime/girls and I believe that he would have had a thing or two to say about "honor" of marrying Jeyne.

Targaryens:

Dany - There are many, but it's a toss up between saving MMD and not sailing to Westeros the minute she had the Unsullied.

Rhaegar - Kidnapping Lyanna. Possibly the biggest mistake a member of the Targaryen dynasty ever made, save for...

Aerys II - Setting Brandon and Rickard alight, turning Robert's rebellion from a strong possibility to a certainty, rather than giving them Lyanna and chastising Rhaegar for being a depressive self-obsessed Sephiroth impersonator.

Dany - There are many, but it's a toss up between saving MMD and not sailing to Westeros the minute she had the Unsullied.

Could her Unsullied oppose more than one of the great Houses? She had no chance without grown dragons, GC, Dothraki or Ironborn.

If Jon was there I bet he would have spent more time with Bran and Rickon that Robb did. Rickon wouldn't be half as wild and Bran would feel less abandoned. He might have even listened to Osha. If he later went south with Robb, he would have agreed with Cat on not sending Theon to the Iron Islands, he would have probably insisted on exchange of Jaime/girls and I believe that he would have had a thing or two to say about "honor" of marrying Jeyne.

This is a whole lot of speculation. Rickon needed his parents the most, Jon being in WF in the first few months would've helped some, but not that much. I really doubt Jon would've changed his mind about Theon (who knows whether he would've even tried, he was pretty naive before he went to the Wall), and the same applies to the marriage to Jeyne.

For Ned, it was not telling Robert about his chirren (read: children). Robert could've ordered Cersei and her brood to be detained and thrown the full support of the crown behind Ned. And Ned would get to keep his head.

This is a whole lot of speculation. Rickon needed his parents the most, Jon being in WF in the first few months would've helped some, but not that much. I really doubt Jon would've changed his mind about Theon (who knows whether he would've even tried, he was pretty naive before he went to the Wall), and the same applies to the marriage to Jeyne.

With Jon's dislike of Theon he might have agreed that Theon wasn't someone Robb could trust.

Theon deciding to take Winterfell on his first ever naval command has got to be most dumb thing in all of ASOIAF....(pictures Theon's thoughts) Hi guys, I don't know any of you, and I haven't sailed a boat since I was nine years old. Lets go take the biggest castle in all of the North where everyone will want to flay me because they'll see me for the traitorous bastard that I am... c'mon guys it'll be great!!

Starks:

Ned: Trusting Cersei

Cat: Trusting Littlefinger

Robb: Breaking his word

Sansa: Not sure

Arya: Not naming Tywin -same answer

Jon: What he did after reading the Pink Letter

Lannisters:

Cersei: Going to the High Sparrow

Jaime: Trying to kill Bran

Tyrion: Not guarding his tongue -same answer

Joffrey: Killing kitties :tantrum:

Tywin: Treating Tyrion unfairly his whole life

Baratheons:

Robert: Letting the Lannisters have their way

Stannis: Letting Melisandre use his ~life force (+ barely eating during the march/siege of Winterfell)

Renly: Being ignorant of how the Tyrells are trying to control him, being a pompous ass

Greyjoys:

Theon: Going back to Pyke

Asha: Not sure

Balon: Existing

Victarion: Not accepting Asha's offer

Euron: Not sure yet ..

Etc:

Sandor: Getting drunk while in a perilous place

Oberyn: Talking while fighting wth

Daenerys: Refusing to listen Ser Barristan's counsel

Archived