Their worst mistakes...

Ice Turtle

I keep reading that Arya's mistake was the people she had Jaq'en kill. I wondered myself why she didn't name Tywin or Cersei. I chalked it up to King's Landing being too far. Would Jaq'en have agreed to go that far to hold his end of the bargain?

Yes he would. I thought he said something like it could cost an hour, a day, or even a year, but he would kill those who Arya would name. Him being a Faceless Man, he surely would've killed Cersei or Tywin if Arya named them.

Yes he would. I thought he said something like it could cost an hour, a day, or even a year, but he would kill those who Arya would name. Him being a Faceless Man, he surely would've killed Cersei or Tywin if Arya named them.

At the same time, Arya doesn't really understand his powers...She doesn't realise his powers (perhaps they involve magic, like when Melisandre could kill) and thinks they're limited to murdering people in the vicinity. Her first two kills were pretty much wasted.

Martin has explictly stated that Cat was not abusive towards Jon; she simply ignored him. This is proved by the text. You may think that women should be nice to their husbands' bastards, but I don't really think they have any obligation to do so.

To be neglecting and cold towards a child is a way of emotional abuse. There are more than one ways to abuse someone especially a child. When a horse isn't running fast can you blame the saddle and not the horse? It's the same thing. When someone has wronged you, you blame him not the result.

StarK's.

Ned - Telling Cersie he knew about the brotherfucking leading to Cersei killing Robert etc....

Cat - Capturing Tyrion and starting all the lannister bashing of the riverbanks.

Robb - sending Theon away. Without this he wouldn't have thought Bran and Rickon dead and slept with Jeyne

Jon - sending away all his trusted allies

Sansa - telling Cersei and screwing over her father

Bran - climbing

Arya - not killing tywin or at least gregor

Rickon - being crazy

Baratheons

Robert - not sending jaime to the wall

Stannis - trusting mellisandre too much! And not taking the peach

Renly - crowning himself

Joffery - Ned :-(

Tommen - not getting rid of his bitchass mother

Marcella - being cersei child?

Lannisters

Tywin - not giving Tyrion the respect he deserves

Jaime - sleeping with twin

Cersei - rearming the faith. Qyburn.......

Tyrion - not killing sis after daddy

Kevan - fixing things?

Lancel - sleeping with Cersei. Wine?

Targaryens

Aerys - burning Rickard and killing Brandon

Rheaghar - running off with lyanna like a dick

Daenarys - meereen.. daario! Daario! Daario!

viserys - not staying in pentos

Greyjoys

Balon - refusing Robbs offer like a twat for no other reason than being a bellend?

Theon - betraying Robb!

Victarion - sacrificing people. Burning 7 girls cause you feel like it's a good idea? What?

Asha - not pledging support to victarion

Damphair - being a boring prick. DROWNED GOD YADADADA

others

Jorah - selling slaves

Barristan - not seeing dany is a terrible ruler

Quetin - Rheagal

LF - Loving cat too much that Sansa will screw his plans over too!

Lysa - crazy lf lover?

edmure - not obeying robb and ruining his plans against Tywin

Darkstar - for calling yourself darkstar like an utter giant cock!

StarK's.

Ned - Not adding "And I legitamize all Cersi's children" to Robert's final edict.

Cat - Capturing Tyrion and starting all the lannister bashing of the riverbanks.

Robb - sending Theon away. Without this he wouldn't have thought Bran and Rickon dead and slept with Jeyne

Jon - sending away all his trusted allies

Sansa - telling Cersei and screwing over her father

Bran - climbing

Arya - Not immediatly taking the offer of training with the Faceless Men.

Rickon - being too awesome

Baratheon

Robert - Rebelling

Stannis - Not bringing Mel to the battle of Blackwater

Renly - crowning himself

Lannisters

Tywin - not giving Tyrion the respect he deserves

Jaime - sleeping with twin

Cersi- For the love of all that is holy, why would you train a necromaner!?!?!? This can only end in an army of zombies eating everyone.

Kevan - fixing things?

Lancel - sleeping with Cersei. Wine?

Joffery - Being an asshat.

Targaryens

Daenarys - meereen.. daario! Daario! Daario!

viserys - not staying in pentos

Greyjoys

Balon - refusing Robbs offer like a twat for no other reason than being a bellend?

Theon - betraying Robb!

Victarion - Trusting a Red Priest who thinks Danny is AA.

Asha - not pledging support to victarion

others

LF - Hey all the Starks are rapidly gaining access to powerful magic. I think I'm going to hold Sansa hostage, that should end well.

Lysa - crazy LF lover?

Night Watch - Hey look, increadibly deadly snow vampires. Lets try pissing them off. *Dies Horribly*

Cersi- No, really a guy is raising zombies and you don't think he might be a problem down the road? Yes, she deserves two mentions.

Beric Dondarian the Lighting Lord - Lady Stoneheart.

Everybody ever: - "The Lord of Light, who is opposed to things like water, and the Great Other who is opposed to things like humans are returning. I think we should fight over the Iron Throne"

StarK's.

Ned - Not adding "And I legitamize all Cersi's children" to Robert's final edict.

Also, Robert's bastards should have been giving something too.

That would have been great. Cersei would have been pissed but kind of happy that Joffrey would still be King.

I still think Stannis and Renly rebel.

Where would she be if she went with him?

Winterfell --> Theon and Ramsay friggin' Bolton, at your service.

Riverrun --> Red Wedding. Yeehaa. Being dead or a hostage of the Freys.

Either that, or being under siege by several armies together. What would happen after that?

Well, all of this is IF she survived the journey, which I highly doubt.

Oh, so many roads that can be traveled through Westeros. I don’t know about Sansa getting killed—Arya has managed to stay alive. Also, wouldn’t they hear about the sack of Winterfell long before they could even arrive? As far as Riverrun, the Lannisters would be hot on their trail as soon as they realized Sandor took off with Sansa. That wouldn’t leave any time for a long, meandering journey, so they probably would arrive before the Red Wedding, which would be doom for Sansa. However, I don’t know if Sandor had any intentions of taking her to her family. At least right away. I’m left with the impression that he wants her to be with him. If he took her back to Robb and Catelyn, they would most certainly marry her off to a high lord.

Sandor has a good amount gold and Sansa probably has valuable jewels she would take with her. If he had to protect Sansa, he probably wouldn’t be getting so shitfaced, which was what resulted in his capture by the Mad Huntsman and ultimately the BwB. (Actually, this is Sandor, he probably would still drink himself into oblivion at every opportunity.) They could make their way out of Westeros and lay low until the end of the war. He could then help her reclaim Winterfell, assuming anyone but the Lannisters win the war.

Anyway, considering the outrageous and far-fetched misadventures of Tyrion, anything can happen. She certainly doesn’t seem to be in a great position now. Sure, Sandor is a violent, emotionally unstable drunk full of self-loathing, but I’d take that over creepy LF any day (then again, I’m not twelve). At least Sandor actually cares about Sansa’s well-being, whereas LF just uses her as a pawn.

Also, Robert's bastards should have been giving something too.

That would have been great. Cersei would have been pissed but kind of happy that Joffrey would still be King.

I still think Stannis and Renly rebel.

Stannis would have been pissed, but I think he would have went with it. He's all duty and rules. Sends out his letters, gets something back "Oh yeah, Robert was actually suspicious of that. He legitimized them just in case." Of course, he might have shadowbabied all three of the kids then.

And Renly was just trying to grab the throne, I doubt he would have cared.

If he legitimized them they would only inherit Casterly Rock. Because they would then be the true born sons of Cersei... and Jaime.

Hmm... maybe he just should have put down Joff like he asked then. Then he could have slept soundly, and kept his tounge shut about the bastard thing... The point is he had free reign to write the will and he could have made whatever declarations needed to not have it blow up in his face.

Archived