Okay, so you're Robb Stark ...

YouKnowNothing.

Exactly what he did (minus boning Westerling, or at the least not marrying her, as mean as that sounds). While fighting the second Lannister host while holding Riverunn, The Crossing and the Neck protects your assets at the moment. Taking the Golden Tooth solidifies his dominance over the Westerlands keeping them from fighting back further after that. IF Theon didn't turn, I would've gone to Harrenhal and with the entire kingdom that he wanted cut out and conquered, andbroker our independence.

I will just answer this as if i have all the info, send immideate word to moat cailin of an attack and order lord manderly to march there with all his power to hold it, keep theon with me, and march back to the north asap, as well take command away from roose bolton, sleep with the westerling girl but dont marry her. I just have to survive untill tywin dies.

I would draw Tywin's army away from the riverlands, so Kingslanding would be more vulnerable. Surely either Stannis or Renly would be the victor, while I would use my cavalry to give chase to Tywin's forces, but never engage as they are superior. I would then work out an alliance with either Stannis or Renly (If one of them wins it means the other has died, so that clears the lineage up) and put an end to lannister power. I would allow Tywin to take the black because he would make a good commander, although he would likely refuse, in which case I would execute him.

Now, I better go tell Edmure Tully about my plans... well, it can't be that important, I'll just tell him to hold Riverrun. There's no way he'd ever misconstrue that

North army + Renly's army win the war. I would have made an alliance with Renly.

I'm King in the North, Renly is king in KL.

What would you have done?

Renly already said he wouldn't stand to have a King In The North.

By the way, I'm already conceding that Renly and Stannis WILL quarrel...and Tywin will move his host away from Harrenhall in order to beat Stannis

I'd marry that Frey girl to secure the Frey alliance (a mere bethrotal can be broken by either party) and father an heir, pronto.

I'd trade Jaime for Arya and Sansa so they could not be married off to any of the Lannister allies.

I'd make common cause with Renly.

Its from Robb's pov so you don't know whats happening elsewhere much. Not knowing Theon's actions i still would of sent Catelyn home, there was too much danger about. I would have left Bryden to carry on the westetn raids and personally gone south to treat with renly. Robb might have then been blamed for Renlys death then i would have agreed terms with Stannis, and if the tyrells didnt blsme robb marry maegery or even Sansa promised to one of the Tyrells. Littlefinger would have swapped sides and pretend then that the tyrells were going to aid the lannisters but instead crush them while stannis brings his fleet up through blackwater. JOB DONE

OP said that Renly hadn't made his move yet...?

Oh ok i might be wrong but this timeline would be so screwed up, how would robb already be in the west? But, anyway robb marries marg and he wins the war. Just like that there would be seven kingdoms again.

I would not accept being King in the North(yet). Ask for Sana/ Jaime exchange ( since they wont have Arya anyway ). Send word to people that I'm looking for Arya and that she's safe from the Lannister's claws.

Once I get my sisters, my dad's bones and Ice, I will go back to the North and just prepare for the coming of winter. The heck with that Throne anyway.. lol

Its from Robb's pov so you don't know whats happening elsewhere much. Not knowing Theon's actions i still would of sent Catelyn home, there was too much danger about. I would have left Bryden to carry on the westetn raids and personally gone south to treat with renly. Robb might have then been blamed for Renlys death then i would have agreed terms with Stannis, and if the tyrells didnt blsme robb marry maegery or even Sansa promised to one of the Tyrells. Littlefinger would have swapped sides and pretend then that the tyrells were going to aid the lannisters but instead crush them while stannis brings his fleet up through blackwater. JOB DONE

Assuming that the Northmen would just sit there and wait while their king moved to treat with another king that definitely wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms.

Also that Littlefinger swaps sides like that.

Also that Stannis is still cool with King in the North.

Also that the Northmen would be totally fine with you dropping the crown and bending the knee just like that to avoid conflict with Stannis if he isn't cool with it.

Also that Stannis would still have all of Renly's retainers, or that they would just as easily go to a North King promised to a Frey...

See how the list goes on?

If I was Robb, then as soon as Ned was beheaded, I would have Marched on King's Landing. I'd take everyone's head, including Jaime Lannister. Then I'd wait on Renly or Stannis to get there and discuss terms. I did win his throne for them so I would expect the North, and Tywin Lannisters head.

Archived