Okay, so you're Robb Stark ...

YouKnowNothing.

Was Robb at Riverun or raiding when he sent Catelyn off ?i can't remember. Just to add, Robb was a huge idiot not to leave a largeish force at moat calin to hold the North. Also, he could have made the effort to treat with the mountain clans to protect wolfswood area, prooves i think that Jon was smarter when it comes to intrugie - Robb missed a great adviser in Jon. More points include the lack of interaction with Howland Reed - hello he was one of yout fathers best friend, and should have nagged the vale more, maybe keep the freys loyal by promising a frey girl to sickly robert

If I was Robb, then as soon as Ned was beheaded, I would have Marched on King's Landing. I'd take everyone's head, including Jaime Lannister. Then I'd wait on Renly or Stannis to get there and discuss terms. I did win his throne for them so I would expect the North, and Tywin Lannisters head.

Please excuse my language but during the whole march on KG, would Tywin sat with his thumb up his ass? I'm fairly sure Jaime would be at Riverunn at that point too, so all he would have to do is swing around and flank Robb while he marches.

Was Robb at Riverun or raiding when he sent Catelyn off ?i can't remember. Just to add, Robb was a huge idiot not to leave a largeish force at moat calin to hold the North. Also, he could have made the effort to treat with the mountain clans to protect wolfswood area, prooves i think that Jon was smarter when it comes to intrugie - Robb missed a great adviser in Jon. More points include the lack of interaction with Howland Reed - hello he was one of yout fathers best friend, and should have nagged the vale more, maybe keep the freys loyal by promising a frey girl to sickly robert

He was at riverun, he did have a strong force at moat cailin, many archers whats more the ironborn attacking the north was the biggest plot device I have ever read ever, seriously it makes no sense at all. And no one expected it.

I'd marry that Frey girl to secure the Frey alliance (a mere bethrotal can be broken by either party) and father an heir, pronto.

I'd trade Jaime for Arya and Sansa so they could not be married off to any of the Lannister allies.

I'd make common cause with Renly.

^ This.

I'd also keep Theon by my side.

Imagine you are Robb Stark, your winning in the westerlands and you haven't yet sent Catelyn off anywhere yet, and Renly and Stannis haven't quarreled yet, what would you have done at this point ?

Send an envoy to Renly and propose an alliance. Just be sure to warn him about shadow babies.

He was at riverun, he did have a strong force at moat cailin, many archers whats more the ironborn attacking the north was the biggest plot device I have ever read ever, seriously it makes no sense at all. And no one expected it.

It made sense to Balon because he was blinded by revenge but yes. Holy jeez that was a huge twist. I definitely didn't wanna be Robb when he heard that...

Please excuse my language but during the whole march on KG, would Tywin sat with his thumb up his ass? I'm fairly sure Jaime would be at Riverunn at that point too, so all he would have to do is swing around and flank Robb while he marches.

Jaime is already captive. Robb and the North outsmarted the Tywin once to capture Jaime. They could outsmart him again and get around him somehow. If not then fight his ass.

Jaime is already captive. Robb and the North outsmarted the Tywin once to capture Jaime. They could outsmart him again and get around him somehow. If not then fight his ass.

In your previous post you said "As soon as Ned was beheaded" you'd do these things. Whispering Wood didn't happen yet.

1) Send a small task force to rescue Sansa. (like when Barristan rescued Aerys from Darry) The Blackfish would lead the rescue.

2) Send forces to locate Arya.

3) Fortify the North.

4) Leave most if not all of Karstark's forces in Winterfell

5) Keep Sansa and/or Arya in Riverrun.

6) Marry Walder's daughter

7) March on the Reach

8) Smash Renly

9) Wait for Stannis,send food from the Reach to the North

10) Smash Stannis

11) Use the Manderly fleet and the Redwyne fleet and the position of the Reach to cut off or at least hold back the Iron Islands

12) March on Kings Landing(possible using the Redwyne fleet or Stannis' captured fleet to take the Blackwater as I lay the city)

13) Kill Tywin, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Tommen, Kevan, Lance, Joffrey, every knight of the Kingsguard including Barristan but except Balon, Varys and Littlefinger

14) Demand Myrcella's head from Dorne

15) Ice

16) Hold the throne for Jon who is Rhaegar's son, make him Lord of the Five Kingdoms

17) Go back to Winterfell,make it the seat of the King In The North and the Riverlands

Robb was winning battles but he needed the continual strength to substain his army. Marry the Frey girl and after Renly's death throw your support behind Stannis. Together they could over taken King's Landing. Robb could have gone home.

-Explain my plans to Edmure

-Marrying Roslin Frey

-Bend the knee to Stannis in exchange for more independence and the right to behead Joffrey myself

-lure Tywin into my trap

-Sack and depredate Casterly Rock, need some money

-After Stannis took KL getting Sansa and Ice back

-searching Arya

-join forces with Stannis to smash the ironborn

-march to the wall to "welcome" the wildlings

1) Send a small task force to rescue Sansa. (like when Barristan rescued Aerys from Darry) The Blackfish would lead the rescue.

2) Send forces to locate Arya.

3) Fortify the North.

4) Leave most if not all of Karstark's forces in Winterfell

5) Keep Sansa and/or Arya in Riverrun.

6) Marry Walder's daughter

7) March on the Reach

8) Smash Renly

9) Wait for Stannis,send food from the Reach to the North

10) Smash Stannis

11) Use the Manderly fleet and the Redwyne fleet and the position of the Reach to cut off or at least hold back the Iron Islands

12) March on Kings Landing(possible using the Redwyne fleet or Stannis' captured fleet to take the Blackwater as I lay the city)

13) Kill Tywin, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Tommen, Kevan, Lance, Joffrey, every knight of the Kingsguard including Barristan but except Balon, Varys and Littlefinger

14) Demand Myrcella's head from Dorne

15) Ice

16) Hold the throne for Jon who is Rhaegar's son, make him Lord of the Five Kingdoms

17) Go back to Winterfell,make it the seat of the King In The North and the Riverlands

That is almost certainly impossible, and based on wishful thinking rather than the appropriate lore, and even then it's quite wrong.

As good as the theory of Robb bending the knee to Stannis in order to end the fighting between them, I'm not too sure how Robb's retainers would react to him making such a bold claim as King In The North, and then dropping it so soon afterwards.

If I was Karstark I'd be even more pissed, if that's possible :P

Archived