Where is Daenerys going?

LaroC

By the of aDwD she is in the Grass Sea, with Drogon, meetin Khal Jhaqo. So, my guess is that she is going to kill Jaqho and retrieve her khalasar. Ok...so, after that, she will go back to Merreen, at least to get her other dragons back.

So, after that, where is she going? She will go straight to Westeros, or is she marching to Volantis? That would be no sense at all in her mission as "chain breaker" if she leaves Volantis as it is...

And there is still what Quaithe prophesied first:

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow"

So, i'm a little lost by now. They where in Qarth when she sad that, so Dany has already gone south and east, right? So now she has to go back. To Mereen, to Westeros, to Pentos?

And pass beneath the shadow.. what does this mean? Beneath the Wall? or is it Asshai?

I hope we'll see the Dany we saw in COK where she made bold decisions and didn't hesitate then make bad decisions like in DWD. If she burns jhako and takes the khalasar I think we might see her go back to vaes dothrak and get all the khalasars together. My opinion on that is based on a few things, firstly dany's vision of the crones of vaes dothrak emerging from the womb of the world and bowing down to her, secondly because of the prophecy that her son would rule the world "the stallion that mounts the world" and dany's repeatedly saying that her dragons were the only children she would ever have. I also think dany will leave for westeros from either volantis or pentos. no more qarth and no asshai.

I think that Dany is in for a treat at the hands of Jhaqo and Mago. When the dragon horn gets blown, I think all three dragons will respond, leaving Dany in a very crummy situation. Jhaqo and Mago will return her to Vaes Dothrak, and then at some point the dragons will return to her and the old crones will 'worship' her, fulfilling the prophecy at the House of the Undying. She's up the creek without a paddle until then.

I know Daenerys is the subject of a lot of much deserved scorn, especially after her vacation in Mereen. But this was done mostly because George needed to figure out a way to get Tyrion, Victarion, and Jorah back in the picture. I have a feeling that her story is going to really take off in TWOW, and might be as enthralling as it was in A Storm of Swords. Remember that Daenerys? She was pretty cool, right? She has to go east, whether or not it's on Drogon's back, with the Iron Fleet and a gigantic khalasar behind her. I need to see this Shadow over Asshai and whatever's going on over there. It would be much more interesting that her just traveling west to Volantis or Pentos, someplace we've seen before. I know I have high hopes, but I do believe that the Mad Queen Daenerys' journey to Westeros will be interesting enough and that her eventual invasion will be very fun.

I think that Dany is in for a treat at the hands of Jhaqo and Mago. When the dragon horn gets blown, I think all three dragons will respond, leaving Dany in a very crummy situation. Jhaqo and Mago will return her to Vaes Dothrak, and then at some point the dragons will return to her and the old crones will 'worship' her, fulfilling the prophecy at the House of the Undying. She's up the creek without a paddle until then.

The Dragon Horn only operates on Dragons in the vicinity - probably within hearing range.

Else the Dragons would already have been bound when Euron had the Horn blown on Pyke.

Hence, Drogon won't be affected by the Horn. Which is the whole reason why Martin arranged for him and Dany to be "away" when Victarion arrives.

I reckon Jhaqo and Mago are in for a world of hurt now that Dany has a 20 foot fire breathing reptile allied to her.

I hope we'll see the Dany we saw in COK where she made bold decisions and didn't hesitate then make bad decisions like in DWD. If she burns jhako and takes the khalasar I think we might see her go back to vaes dothrak and get all the khalasars together. My opinion on that is based on a few things, firstly dany's vision of the crones of vaes dothrak emerging from the womb of the world and bowing down to her, secondly because of the prophecy that her son would rule the world "the stallion that mounts the world" and dany's repeatedly saying that her dragons were the only children she would ever have. I also think dany will leave for westeros from either volantis or pentos. no more qarth and no asshai.

I think that "passing under the shadow" is her standing under Drogon's shadow and facing him down and surviving... I seem to remember him being called the Black Shadow or something like that...

She will burn one or both of them... saying the word "Dracarys". The others will bow down before Drogon the Stallion, and she will cut all their braids off. She will find out that the crones had told the khalasars to join with the slavers against her, so she will go to Vaes Dothrak and burn them until the crones bow down to her just like in the vision she had. At this time we will see Dany become a savage again... to go forward you must go back...

The battle of Slaver's Bay will play out without her...the battle will be won but the city will be devastated. She will find out from her riders about the city, and that Barristan and Daario are dead and lose her mind... Instead of returning right away she will attack the Yunkai in their hometown again... this time burning it to the ground... letting her bloodriders and dragons just cut loose and destroy everything.

Ultimately too, I think that she never gets to Westeros either, but rules in Volantys like a new Valyria. But thats for another thread maybe.

I know she has a dragon with her but for some reason I'm worried about her. I doubt she'll go to westeros because of how she left things. I'm kind of hoping she goes back and gets a chance to meet the imp and by some miracle form an alliance.

With the imp, they can kick the queen's ass right off the throne. Dany will have made the prophecy come true and tyrion will get his sister back for all she has done

Daenerys Targaryen is the Carmen Miranda of our times: where in the world is she?

Ummmm...you mean Carmen Sandiego, right? Or am I just having a different pop culture reference pop into my head?

Carmen Miranda????

I'm imaging Dany, on Drogon's back, with a basket full of bananas, apples and oranges up to her head (to hide her baldness) and on fire, while singing Chica Chica Boom Chic!

That would coocoo crazy Mad Aerys style...

Not sure if anyone already posted something similar... but I've put together THE WORLD that makes all this make sense:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f36dep.jpg

If you keep going past Ashai into "the darkness", you're just going into the Land of Always Winter, and eventually, Westeros. The world is clearly tilted on its axis, and similar to parts of our world, the far reach of the ice is in perpetual darkness most of the time.

Or..... not.

Archived