Prophecy: Sansa Kills Littlefinger

Devala

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but...

The Woods Witch at High Heart dreamed of a girl with purple vipers in her hair (Sansa with the poisonous "black amethysts from Asshai" in her hairnet), and then of the same girl slaying a giant in a castle made of snow. Now this seems to have been fulfilled by her destroying Robert Arryn's toy giant in her literal castle made of snow, but I just noticed on a re-read that Petyr Baelish's House sigil is the Titan of Braavos - rather similar to a giant, no? And the Eyrie in winter could well be seen as "a castle made of snow".

I think the toy destruction was just a trick to mislead us into thinking the prophecy had been fulfilled. It would seam cheap of GRRM to have a prophetic dream be of such an insignificant event. I think Sansa is due to kill Petyr during the winter.

Nice theory. It would be odd if the second half of the prophecy only predicted the relatively unimportant event of her breaking Robin's toy, given how the first half predicted a very important event.

Ah yes thank you, house Baelish's sigil is the head of the titan. Though Petyr doesn't use that. Everyone knows him as the mocking bird, which he took for his own personal sigil. Though it still could be used to relate to him in a prophecy since he is a Baelish. Thanks again for the link , I was confused.

This sounds like a solid theory, I always thought LF wouldn't survive these books. But never thought it would be Sansa that killed him, it seemed to me that someone LF pissed off in his scheming would come to bit him in his ass. I always thought she seemed at least a bit grateful for the service he did her, and he needs to fuck up something large for her to kill him. This could perhaps be LF's twisted endgame or his inability to hold himself from raping Sansa

I agree. I do not think the doll was the fulfillment. Personally, I also lean toward the idea that Sansa will ultimately be LF's demise, but it could be something different.

I feel like it would be fitting, as Sansa has learned how to play the game from watching the council and others and KL (including LF), and then being with LF in the Vale.

I can't help but think she may eventually find out or realize the part Petyr has played in all the events that flipped her life upside down. And she'll want vengeance.

This sounds like a solid theory, I always thought LF wouldn't survive these books. But never thought it would be Sansa that killed him, it seemed to me that someone LF pissed off in his scheming would come to bit him in his ass. I always thought she seemed at least a bit grateful for the service he did her, and he needs to fuck up something large for her to kill him. This could perhaps be LF's twisted endgame or his inability to hold himself from raping Sansa

now that list is quite large:

The tyrells

The tullys

the lords of the riverlands

the whole north

The starks

the lords declarant

add the lannisters

and IMHO the iron bank of braavos

Agreed. Sansa will most likely be his downfall. Not sure how this will come about. I have a difficult time seeing Sansa as cold and calculating so most likely, if Sansa kills him it will be by accident or a "heat of the moment" kind of thing which she will look at herself in disbelief. Perhaps it's not even a literal death but the death of all he has achieved....undoing all he has accomplished.

Agreed. Sansa will most likely be his downfall. Not sure how this will come about. I have a difficult time seeing Sansa as cold and calculating so most likely, if Sansa kills him it will be by accident or a "heat of the moment" kind of thing which she will look at herself in disbelief. Perhaps it's not even a literal death but the death of all he has achieved....undoing all he has accomplished.

I hope you're right, it's the one moment I'm looking forward to. Sansa killing Littlefinger won't that be a delightful sight?

Hey guys,

The Woods Witch at High Heart dreamed of a girl with purple vipers in her hair (Sansa with the poisonous "black amethysts from Asshai" in her hairnet), and then of the same girl slaying a giant in a castle made of snow. Now this seems to have been fulfilled by her destroying Robert Arryn's toy giant in her literal castle made of snow, but I just noticed on a re-read that Petyr Baelish's House sigil is the Titan of Braavos - rather similar to a giant, no? And the Eyrie in winter could well be seen as "a castle made of snow".

I think the toy destruction was just a trick to mislead us into thinking the prophecy had been fulfilled. It would seam cheap of GRRM to have a prophetic dream be of such an insignificant event. I think Sansa is due to kill Petyr during the winter.

The Eyrie has been closed for the Winter, Sansa and Littlefinger are at the Gates of the Moon.

Interestingly, Arya also mentioned when she sailed into Braavos that the Titan there was big enough to step over the walls of Winterfell. When Sansa builds Winterfell in the snow, Littlefinger steps over the Walls of Winterfell to kiss Sansa. When Sweetrobin comes out, she rips his doll and stakes the head above the walls of Winterfell.

This could indicate that Sansa will stake LF's head on the walls of Winterfell at some point.

It would be a nice change from 5 books worth of "Le sigh. [insert douchebag pretty boy here] is so dreamy.Oh won''t somebody save me! Lemony lemon cakes!" :cool4:

Except the only people Sansa thinks are dreamy are Joffrey in AGOT before Ned's beheading, then Loras up until ASOS. And time spent on this is less than a page, so I assume you read only that section? And the lemony lemon cakes is something she says to Sweetrobin to get him to come down from the Eyrie since nobody else can be bothered with him.

Hey guys,

Everything that the ghost of HH mentioned were events that would be taking place shortly, the RW, the PW, and Balon's death. I do believe that the scene she foreshadowed was Sansa building the castle in snow. However, superfically that is a rather minor event compared to the others so I believe it was further foreshadwoing of what is likely to come. I do believe that LF is the giant she will slay, but that does not mean she will actually be the one to kill him. A few things to note about this scene:

1. LF's family sigil is the Titaan of Braavos although he does take the mockingbird as his personal

2. During this scene, LF asks Sansa if he can come in to her castle and then steps over the wall of the snow WF. Note the sexual reference in his question to her.

3. When Arya sails in to Braavos, she sees the statue of the Titaan of Bavos and says that he is so big that he could walk over the walls of WF.

The other names I see suggested for the giant that Sansa will slay are Gregor and Tyrion. Gregor because of his size and Tyrion because of the mention of him being a giant back in GOT.

For much more detail on this theory see this thread:

Everything that the ghost of HH mentioned were events that would be taking place shortly, the RW, the PW, and Balon's death. I do believe that the scene she foreshadowed was Sansa building the castle in snow. However, superfically that is a rather minor event compared to the others so I believe it was further foreshadwoing of what is likely to come. I do believe that LF is the giant she will slay, but that does not mean she will actually be the one to kill him. A few things to note about this scene:

1. LF's family sigil is the Titaan of Braavos although he does take the mockingbird as his personal

2. During this scene, LF asks Sansa if he can come in to her castle and then steps over the wall of the snow WF. Note the sexual reference in his question to her.

3. When Arya sails in to Braavos, she sees the statue of the Titaan of Bavos and says that he is so big that he could walk over the walls of WF.

The other names I see suggested for the giant that Sansa will slay are Gregor and Tyrion. Gregor because of his size and Tyrion because of the mention of him being a giant back in GOT.

For much more detail on this theory see this thread: http://asoiaf.wester...sansa-prophecy/

Wasn't Gregor Clegane featured in Brans dream when he was in a coma, as a stonegiant?

He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Of course, Sansa crying, Ned pleading, Arya watching refers to Lady's death. But the shadows around them, and particularly the giant in armor made of stone.. Robert Strong, his blood black because of the poison, presumably without a head because that was sent to Dorne? Could this have something to do with it?

Wasn't Gregor Clegane featured in Brans dream when he was in a coma, as a stonegiant?

It is currently unclear whether the giant refers to Gregor or Littlefinger, specifically. It could be either. Gregor is the more direct answer to it though.

Lyanna, you are trolled so easily.

Oh I must have missed that you were trying to be "funny". Perhaps you can be so kind as to explain to the hoi polloi what was so funny about it so we can all share the joke?

Archived