Nymeria's Time to shine

We didn't actually see Robb being beheaded either... but that's pretty much an established fact now. Yep, Greywind is dead, Lady is dead. I'm wondering what happened to Ghost when Jon Snow was stabbed. A few crossbow bolts in the wolf was probably on the assassin's agenda too I'm thinking. I think we will see more of Nymeria. I'm just wondering if Arya can learn to shapeshift into the wolf from across the Narrow Sea and seek some vengeance on Freys? That would be against the Faceless Men's rules though...

I would really like see Nymeria killing LittleFinger after he leaves the Vale and is returning to Harrenhall, or perhaps traveling from Harrenhall back to the Vale. Whatever.

Arya wargs into Nymeria to save Sansa from death after some extensive and intricate plot set up by LF and his associates to gain the seat at Winterfell. The last Arryn heir will marry Sansa, but LF will have him in his back-pocket. LF will try to have Sansa killed so he has to assume the Regent or Protector title at Winterfell now since there is no other heir (Arya, Bran, Rickon all thought dead), as well as the Vale.

I think that'd be cool, have the little sister save the big sister after separation for so long and the Stark girls getting revenge after LF manipulates their family into war with the Lannisters and all that subsequently happens... and to see LF die. Man, I hate that guy.

Yeah Greywind is dead. Unless everyone we've heard talk about it or heard about it are all in league together in spreading a vicious and amazingly well manufactured lie, Greywind is dead.

Nymeria on the other hand, sure is alive. Arya's wolf dreams and stories about a massive she-wolf in the area where Arya had to chase Nymeria off in AGOT seem to be pretty overwhelming evidence.

I would really like see Nymeria killing LittleFinger after he leaves the Vale and is returning to Harrenhall, or perhaps traveling from Harrenhall back to the Vale. Whatever.

Arya wargs into Nymeria to save Sansa from death after some extensive and intricate plot set up by LF and his associates to gain the seat at Winterfell. The last Arryn heir will marry Sansa, but LF will have him in his back-pocket. LF will try to have Sansa killed so he has to assume the Regent or Protector title at Winterfell now since there is no other heir (Arya, Bran, Rickon all thought dead), as well as the Vale.

I think that'd be cool, have the little sister save the big sister after separation for so long and the Stark girls getting revenge after LF manipulates their family into war with the Lannisters and all that subsequently happens... and to see LF die. Man, I hate that guy.

I like that. I'm picturing a scene where LF walks into his throneroom and Nymeria is waiting for him at the foot of the throne.

Arya and Nymeria will lead an army of wolves, Jon will lead an army of wildlings and Sansa will lead an army from the Vale (they are still at full strength I believe). Revenge by the Starks!

Edit: forgot about Rickon leading an army from Skagos

5 year old Rickon will not be leading an army.... He'll simply inspire the North that hope remains to House Stark which has been Kings of the North/Liege Lords as far as anyone cares to know.

how is Nymeria killing Baelish relevant at all? Why would she kill him?

Please people, with these wild theories at least give some kind of connections and tie ins to the story. Arya does not know about LF's and Ramsay's parts in the downfall of the Starks.

Here is a much more likely senario:

After breaking off from the FM, a FM traind Arya will come back to Westeros and re-unite with Nymeria.

(Now using both her FM training and her warg ability, she will warg into Nymeria and FM change Nym into a poodle. in that disguise she will make her way to Cerisi, and rip out her throat!!!

Then changing into a Hound dog, she will visit the Twins and Old Walder Frey. Then she will continue down her list, each time as a different animal. They will never see it comming!! They all have no chance! I can't wait!!!!

Welp, I'm definitely rooting for a nice old Nymeria comeback. :smug:

I think she will definitely show up. Not sure how, but she will. I can see a scenerio where Arya is alone, and suddenly the wolves are upon her...she recognizes Nym, tries to convince Nym that she is Arya before she attacks. And voila, happy reunion after Nym remembers and pounces on her buddy.

Alright, might sound a bit cheesy but you get my drift.

I certainly could see a Nym/Arya reunion in some fashion. The wolf is already sensing Arya's hatred for Freys and leading her band of wolves on sorties and dropping Stark enemies left and right. Arya clearly wargs Nymeria so maybe these attacks are Arya's direct doing as a warg off camera persay or just Nymeria doing her thing knowing Arya's feelings. I think everyone wants to see this reunion.

One of my favorite parts of my first reread in ASoS was the part when Arya wargs Nymeria and pulls her dead Mom out of the river which ultimately leads to Cat's revival. Totally missed it on the first take but I was blown away when I read it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very much expecting an Arya Nymeria reunion during her travels through the wartorn lands, with the wolf freeing Arya from her captors and progressing her arc to a more standard version. I have since come to very much appreciate what GRRM did with both Arya and Nym, and how they are often not far from each other, but never quite meet up, and also how it seems that Nym doesn't really want to meet up again, with Arya having sent her off and all. I especially liked how Nymeria is so unexpectedly non-selective in her prey, how she seems to attack both "good" and "bad" people. She is a wolf, after all, and doesn't care for allegiance. I really hope and very much trust that this development doesn't just lead up to a somewhat cheesy reunion of the two where Nymeria becomes something of a super-weapon for Arya.

I thought from reading all the books that it was an established rule that if something doesn't occur within the POV, that is stated as fact it is untrue. And if cuts out (a la Briene hanging) it can also be stated as not true until full knowledge.

Examples, Davos' death, perhaps Hound's death, Brienne again, Jamie's fate (hand), Theon, Arya (RW), Ramsay/Reek, etc

FIrst post, long time lurker!

I have a feeling that Nymeria will play a role in Arya returning to Westeros. We know that she's having wolf dreams and I suspect that she'll see/hear something regarding either her Mother or Sansa that will finally propel her back to Westeros.

I agree! I don't see Arya staying where she is for even the duration of the sixth book. I think the wolves have a much bigger part to play in the story than what we have seen. GRRM includes wolf references freely, and I don't think that it is an accident that a huge, ferocious, female wolf is trolling the forests of Westeros and killing men. Direwolves are not common creatures. I understand that red herrings and many references don't lead to proof, but I can't see why GRRM would spend so much time throughout the series keeping us on track with the wolves unless there was a point.

This is a long one. I wonder about Arya’s plan and a theory about the Twins. With in mind as how it can do the most damage to Starks and even Stannis enemies, and particularly the Freys since they are situated right by the rivers. So from a Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons we know that Arya is being trained to become a Faceless Man or woman. We also know how Arya feels on avenging her father, Robb, her own mother Catelyn and countless others. She starts praying the names of the people she wants to kill or be killed. Cercei, joffrey, lannisters, the hound etc... This is natural for her because she is a Stark and she cannot simply let it go that she is a Wolf by nature and heritage descended from the First Men and therefore she needs revenge and justice as she sees it fit. Important to note, Arya has witnessed a lot of blood and seen her own mother mutilated by the Freys at the Twins that night she and Sandor Clegane were closing in on the Red Wedding. So Arya is not afraid of the consequences from the point she leaves Kings Landing till she leaves Westeros in order to find the FM in Braavos. Now if all goes well, Arya will become an assassin of the Faceless Men. Our impression of FM is that they don’t seek glory or fortunes, and they are not people who dwell on things in the past or things in their own personal life. Seemingly they don’t own a private life and are simply devoted to their Killer God of Faceless Men. I believe Arya will never forget or discard her identity as a Stark and Wolf, and rather she will use her new identity as a Faceless Man to exact revenge and pain on the enemies of her house in Winterfell. Her experience with Jaqen H’ghar made her see the ways of a killer and assassin, and how easy killing someone is for a Faceless Man. Arya knows this power is what she needs and yearns for.

So here is my theory of how Arya will return back to Westeros and the North. I believe her future is linked with all the Direwolf sightings in the Riverlands. In book 3-5 we hear rumors of a large pack of wolves lead by a she-wolf of monstrous size that kills people around the river lands, including Freys. In a Feast for Crows, a Frey reports that there are hundreds of wolves that keep attacking trade roads and baggage train leaving from the Twins.

We also suspect that this pack leader which most likely is a Direwolf to be the same direwolf as Arya’s old Direwolf, Nymeria. This wouldn’t come as a surprise as we can assume Nymeria is probably alive, and in addition could with her 5 puppy siblings (Summer, Ghost, Lady, Grey Wind, Shaggy) have actually been sent by the old Gods to help the North tear up invaders or simply some other reason. In Storm of Swords, when Arya is in the woods away from the Brotherhood of Banners and searching the Riverlands. She sees or hears this pack of wolves howling around in the woods. Arya is not killed or hurt, which I find interesting because a pack of wild animals would normally attack their prey but they didn’t. This leads me to believe that the pack of wolves are somehow following the guidance and judgment of the Old Gods and therefore they are not inclined to follow their hunting instincts and instead sees Arya as something else then an enemy to hunt and to be killed. It is revealed that Arya feels this connection with the Direwolf leading the wolf pack, and the Direwolf feels no sense in hunting Arya and killing her. Anyways, I presume Arya will return to Westeros within the next 2 books, Winds of Winters and a Dream of Spring. She will most likely be a trained assassin, with powers that only the Faceless Men holds. I expect her to once again search the river lands, this time in hopes of locating this pack of wolves and to possibly be reunited with Nymeria. Arya will carry her agenda with her motives being to unite these wolves at her command with her Warg powers, so that they can together strike their enemies in and around Riverrun. The plan being: sacking the Twins with only blood and all the Freys in it.

Arya will find the Twins heavily guarded, as it has always been throughout the ages. However, Arya will be a faceless man and she will change her face into someone that will enter the Twins. After entering the Twins, Arya will wait till Dark before she exacts her plan. When everyone in the castle is sleeping she will summon the wolves closer to the castle gates of the Twins. At that moment Arya will use her assassin skills and kill the standing guards, so that she can open the gates and let her wolves enter the castle.

From this point, Old Walder Frey and all the big and small Freys will be slaughtered alive by all the wolves that are entering the castle and keep on entering till no man or woman is left alive. With one stroke, Stark and Tully enemies, the Freys will be vanquished in the most horrible way possible. This will be satisfactory for Arya, and also to the cause of North.

I heard this theory from my dad who also reads A Song of Ice and Fire, and I thought “this would simply be too great of a plot not to happen”. This is little bit of wishful thinking on my part but could also be considered as plausible actions that might happen if Arya is going to have an effect on the Civil War in the Land of Seven Kingdoms. But I am not sure of how it would work with ARya being ready to do something like this, shes only in her early teens. Also, I think it might take a long time to fully grasp the powers and training of the FM. Let me know what you guys think! Might be that someone has already discussed this theory in which case send us some links.

Hope you liked this theory, even though it was pretty long. Thank you for reading

Archived