Wiki 'Mistakes'

The BlackBear

Not really a mistake but just something thats missing, on the page for Bael the bard http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bael under Legacy it says that Bael was Mance Rayders inspiration to infiltrate winterfell to rescue Arya/Jeyne, but before that he had already infiltrated Winterfell as a musician when Robert visited Winterfell, just think that should be added in maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to everbody!

On the Rhaegar's page, there is this citation "Because of these events Robert despises him, yet Rhaegar is remembered as a tragic heroic figure by Targaryen loyalists and Rebels alike, with even Robert's right hand & Lyanna's brother Eddard Starkremembering him in a positive light."

And the little "1" leads to the reference "chapter 48 Clash of the kings - Daenerys".

But this chapters tells the Daenerys's visit to the house of the undying. I just reread it, and nowhere does it say anything about Eddard Stark. First I would like to point out this mistake, and second I would like to know where it is said that Eddard remembers Rhaegar in a positive light!

Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

But this chapters tells the Daenerys's visit to the house of the undying. I just reread it, and nowhere does it say anything about Eddard Stark. First I would like to point out this mistake, and second I would like to know where it is said that Eddard remembers Rhaegar in a positive light!

I couldn't find any especially positive views of Rhaegar from Ned in AGOT, but he is much more neutral toward him than Robert. I reworded the article to reflect that.

I couldn't find any especially positive views of Rhaegar from Ned in AGOT, but he is much more neutral toward him than Robert. I reworded the article to reflect that.

I think it was more like how Ned doesn't think anything negative about him, not even when Robert is going on and on about how Rhaegar raped Lyanna. He later even compares Robert and Rhaegar with each other when thinking about whoring, and the comparison is in Rhaegar's favor. Perhaps the person who put on the wiki that Ned thought of Rhaegar in a positive light, was thinking along these lines.

I think it was more like how Ned doesn't think anything negative about him, not even when Robert is going on and on about how Rhaegar raped Lyanna. He later even compares Robert and Rhaegar with each other when thinking about whoring, and the comparison is in Rhaegar's favor. Perhaps the person who put on the wiki that Ned thought of Rhaegar in a positive light, was thinking along these lines.

That is my thinking as well.

I saw a little mistake in several coats of arms, it is silver "colour". On the Pictures is grey but in heraldics the silver "colour" is white. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_(heraldry)

sorry for my english

It seems ASOIAF/GOT heraldic rules aren't identical to real life medieval ones, especially on this. In character there does seem to be a distinction between argent/silver/grey and white.

If you can link me the page of the fall of dragonstone during the rebellion, I think I can fix that :)

There are no pages on it.

I removed the link to Fall of Dragonstone at <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert" href="http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert" s_rebellion"="">Robert's Rebellion since it was for the wrong war; there is not an article for Stannis's capture of Dragonstone yet.

Cheers, for clearing it up. I have Ned quote that goes in the description and simplifies that there was fighting. Do you need it?

Sure, we can try to start an article about it. What do you think a suitable title would be? Capture of Dragonstone possibly?

Perhaps the Surrender of Dragonstone? Since all the men except for Willam Darry and his four were willing to give up Viserys and Dany to Robert and Stannis?

Edit: It doesn't really count as a siege, right? Otherwise Siege of Dragonstone could be a nice one.

Amphibious assault on dragonstone is an apt article's title.
I have a Ned quote which explicitly state that Stannis conquered DS. I don't think he will use that word lightly. There must have been some solid fighting not weak fighting otherwise Ned wouldn't have used the word Conquered.

And while Robert had been riding north to Winterfell, Stannis had removed himself to Dragonstone, the Targaryen island fastness he had conquered in his brother's name. - Chapter 27, Eddard VI.

Here are some quotes I've found:

(AGOT 3, Daenerys I)

She had been born on Dragonstone nine months after their flight ... They said that storm was terrible. The Targaryen fleet was smashed while it lay at anchor, and huge stone blocks were ripped from the parapets and sent hurtling into the wild waters of the narrow sea. [no naval defenses for the Targaryens]

and

She did not remember Dragonstone either. They had run again, just before the Usurper's brother set sail with his new-built fleet. By then only Dragonstone itself, the ancient seat of their House, had remained of the Seven Kingdoms that had once been theirs. It would not remain for long. The garrison had been prepared to sell them to the Usurper, but one night Ser Willem Darry and four loyal men had broken into the nursery and stolen them both, along with her wet nurse, and set sail under cover of darkness for the safety of the Braavosian coast.

(AGOT 27, Eddard VI)

And while Robert had been riding north to Winterfell, Stannis had removed himself to Dragonstone, the Targaryen island fastness he had conquered in his brother's name.

(ACOK 0, Cressen)

Stannis: "I never asked for Dragonstone. I never wanted it. I took it because Robert's enemies were here and he commanded me to root them out. I built his fleet and did his work, dutiful as a younger brother should be to an elder, as Renly should be to me. And what was Robert's thanks? He names me Lord of Dragonstone, and gives Storm's End and its incomes to Renly."

and

Stannis: "I built a fleet at Robert's command, took Dragonstone in his name. Did he take my hand and say, Well done, brother, whatever should I do without you? No, he blamed me for letting Willem Darry steal away Viserys and the babe, as if I could have stopped it."

(ACOK 25, Tyrion VI):

Cersei: "And Stannis has always felt he was cheated of Storm's End."

Tyrion: "He took it as a slight."

Cersei: "It was meant as a slight."

(ACOK 58, Davos III)

Davos could make out Fury well to the southeast, her sails shimmering golden as they came down, the crowned stag of Baratheon blazoned on the canvas. From her decks Stannis Baratheon had commanded the assault on Dragonstone sixteen years before ...

(ASOS 37, Jaime V)

"Rhaegar met Robert on the Trident, and you know what happened there. When the word reached court, Aerys packed the queen off to Dragonstone with Prince Viserys."

With those in mind, it seems that Stannis built a new fleet for Robert in the nine months between Rhaegar's death at the Trident and Daenerys's birth on Dragonstone. The Baratheons were unopposed when they approached the island, as the Targaryen fleet was destroyed by the epic storm. Unbeknownst to Stannis, Willem Darry fled the island with Viserys and Daenerys beforehand to prevent the garrison from selling them to Robert (according to Willem or Viserys). It is mentioned a few times that Stannis conquered Dragonstone, so maybe the garrison put up a fight even though the Targaryens had already fled?

Yes they have to put up a fight since their bargaining chip, the targ children are gone. For all Stannis or the crown will know that they helped in escape of Royal enemies. They had no hope but to put up a fight.

Also i think they would be a sizeable garrison there considering ships and the Queen was there.

I would put it around ~500, if we take oarsmen as soldiers as they normally do in Westeros.

Archived