Is there any way that Daenerys can die?

Timeslice

I mean this strictly in terms of writing and plotting. I absolutely can't stand her chapters, her story, her whole take-what-is-MINE attitude. Can't stand it. I really think that the books would be so much better if she would do us all a favor and get BBQ'd by one of her dragons.

Thing is, I don't think she can die. Her whole entitled fire-and-blood arc doesn't seem like it's anywhere near its end, as I can only see her A ) coming to Westeros eventually (and she's nowhere near that yet it would seem), or B ) ending book 7 realizing that she's meant for Essos (they can keep her as far as I'm concerned).

If she were to miraculously get removed from the narrative, I don't see how it could be anything but poor writing -- even though George would be doing us all a huge favor. After all, you can't really spend 5 books with a character who has only one goal, and then kill her off randomly. You can't just go Quentyn on one of your main characters, as his stay was extremely brief and even then people were up in arms asking "what was the point of that?".

As far as I can tell, Daenerys dying would further dampen her chapters as being nothing but a waste of time. Can anyone devise a scenario in which she dies and this doesn't become a problem?

I mean this strictly in terms of writing and plotting. I absolutely can't stand her chapters, her story, her whole take-what-is-MINE attitude. Can't stand it. I really think that the books would be so much better if she would do us all a favor and get BBQ'd by one of her dragons.

Thing is, I don't think she can die. Her whole entitled fire-and-blood arc doesn't seem like it's anywhere near its end, as I can only see her A ) coming to Westeros eventually (and she's nowhere near that yet it would seem), or B ) ending book 7 realizing that she's meant for Essos (they can keep her as far as I'm concerned).

If she were to miraculously get removed from the narrative, I don't see how it could be anything but poor writing -- even though George would be doing us all a huge favor. After all, you can't really spend 5 books with a character who has only one goal, and then kill her off randomly. You can't just go Quentyn on one of your main characters, as his stay was extremely brief and even then people were up in arms asking "what was the point of that?".

As far as I can tell, Daenerys dying would further dampen her chapters as being nothing but a waste of time. Can anyone devise a scenario in which she dies and this doesn't become a problem?

Nope, not until the final battle sometime. Hopefully the 7 kingdoms will all turn on her and kill her simultaneously, though I would bow before GRRM if Stannis kills her

Realistically, she can't die until the very end of the series, as many have said. But she can die then... so cross your fingers. I don't think she will though. I like the suggestion of her living out her days in whichever city it was with that house with the red door though. Was that Braavos?

The Dany brigade will not going to like this thread.

and here it comes..........

We prefer the term "Danystans", thank you very much.

Realistically, she can't die until the very end of the series, as many have said. But she can die then... so cross your fingers. I don't think she will though. I like the suggestion of her living out her days in whichever city it was with that house with the red door though. Was that Braavos?

Pentos.

Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Dragonstone and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Holder of the Wall and follower of R'hllor. The rightful King of Westeros, true heir to Robert Baratheon, bearer of Lightbringer, the Prince that Was Promised reborn, will see to it that she does not sit the Iron Throne, and that is good enough for me.

Perhaps she gets eaten by a dragon controlled by Vic or Euron. Her army (with the exception of Semly) then side with the Greyjoy. It wouldn't be a waste of plot because she managed to make an army for the Greyjoys to use and hatched the dragons. No doubt the people sworn to House Dany will give me a shitstorm for this but it could happen.

She shall die roasted by her own Dragons' fire. bran shall warg them, and show her how nice it actually is to be bullied with nuclear warheads all the time.

This would be true justice the last Targ killed by a dragon. And then bran can roast the lannisters and freys too.

Regarding quentyn, that was pointless, his pov was so grrm could say "hah! got ya suckas!!!!!"

Perhaps she gets eaten by a dragon controlled by Vic or Euron. Her army (with the exception of Semly) then side with the Greyjoy. It wouldn't be a waste of plot because she managed to make an army for the Greyjoys to use and hatched the dragons. No doubt the people sworn to House Dany will give me a shitstorm for this but it could happen.

Much as I hate dany a dragon in her hands is no wear near as bad as one in vic or eurons. Their whole mindset boils down to KILL! RAPE! BURN! KILL!

Much as I hate dany a dragon in her hands is no wear near as bad as one in vic or eurons. Their whole mindset boils down to KILL! RAPE! BURN! KILL!

:agree: It would be horrible, possible but horrible.

This would be true justice the last Targ killed by a dragon. And then bran can roast the lannisters and freys too.

Regarding quentyn, that was pointless, his pov was so grrm could say "hah! got ya suckas!!!!!"

Also Quentyn wasn't completely worthless (by about .1% of his arc). With his mindnumbingly idiotic behavior he released the two dragons, and once the battle of Mereen starts...

Her and her dragons willl die at the end of book 7 (or 8!) after saving Westeros from the Others. Both magic and the Targs will have finally departed from the world. It'll be like the end of the third age in LOTR.

Her and her dragons willl die at the end of book 7 (or 8!) after saving Westeros from the Others. Both magic and the Targs will have finally departed from the world. It'll be like the end of the third age in LOTR.

But when the elves leave it is sad, whereas the Targs are just a family of psychos with entitlement issues (a few members aside)

Archived