Cersei's Champion? Totes Gregor right? But whos head?

Phlat_brim_king

Well assuming that's true, I have no idea. It would have to be a completely different type of necromancy from what we've seen already though. The red kiss doesn't create Zombies as such, so unless Qyburn is tapping into whatever creates the white walkers, it's something else. He was supposedly taught this in Asshai, right? I need a reread again, but I wouldn't really buy into it. He's effectively turned him into a puppet, but how would he be controlling him?

Well assuming that's true, I have no idea. It would have to be a completely different type of necromancy from what we've seen already though. The red kiss doesn't create Zombies as such, so unless Qyburn is tapping into whatever creates the white walkers, it's something else. He was supposedly taught this in Asshai, right? I need a reread again, but I wouldn't really buy into it. He's effectively turned him into a puppet, but how would he be controlling him?

He was trained by Marwyn the Mage: who travelled around the world, including The Shadow and it's speculated that he taught Qyburn. Thoros Is a red priest and when he resurrected Lord Beric the Lightning Lord started to lose his memory: if Qyburn, with only basic training by the Mage were to do the same it's possible that UnGregor lost his memory, or most of it.

He was trained by Marwyn the Mage: who travelled around the world, including The Shadow and it's speculated that he taught Qyburn. Thoros Is a red priest and when he resurrected Lord Beric the Lightning Lord started to lose his memory: if Qyburn, with only basic training by the Mage were to do the same it's possible that UnGregor lost his memory, or most of it.

But I'm pretty sure Beric still needed to eat, sleep and shit, or at least it was never mentioned to the contrary. It seems a pretty important character trait. I'm thinking Qyburn was most likely exaggerating with that one.

But I'm pretty sure Beric still needed to eat, sleep and shit, or at least it was never mentioned to the contrary. It seems a pretty important character trait. I'm thinking Qyburn was most likely exaggerating with that one.

I believe Ayra noticed that even though he closed his eyes he never slept, and also even though he occasionally took a skin of wine he never was seen eating. (Gonna need to find quotes but it's in Storm)

I believe Ayra noticed that even though he closed his eyes he never slept, and also even though he occasionally took a skin of wine he never was seen eating. (Gonna need to find quotes but it's in Storm)

Really? I need a reread, but I suppose it would make more sense if it was the same sort of resurrection. Interesting that he's lost his free will though.

I think he has either no head or someone else's head. In my sick twisted mind, I kind of want him to have Falyse Stokeworth's head.

I keep thinking of Sansa's dream where the giant has no head, only "thick black blood."

I think he has his own head, and a fake was sent to Dorne. Yes, Gregor was pretty distinctive, but so is Tyrion and they managed to find a dozen his approximate size. There would have been someone amongst the smallfolk whose head was big enough.

kings landing has many dragon skulls. and i think they said some of them were deformed. they sent a deformed dragon head to the martells

dragon bone is consistently described as dark or black. unless the Mountain's bones were as dark as his soul...

My take:

Cersei sent the second dwarfs head she received to Dorne. Gregor still has his own head.

Why?

The skull sent to Dorne was just that, a skull stripped bare. Why not send a rotting Mountain's head?

The skull is also huge, which fits with the dwarfs-head thing.

Gregor was prone to migraines. Perhaps his skull was a bit too small for his brain, causing increased pressure in his cranial cavity.

Qyburn isn't a necromancer; he's a mad scientist. How is he going to get a zombie to work with no head? Frankenstein, not George Romero.

Dwarves heads are big in relation to their own bodies. Not to the general populace.

Also, why is it okay for Qyburn to be able to reanimate the dead, but not to reanimate the dead without a head? It's not like you can argue, "well yeah, Qyburn can reanimate the dead, but only if they still have the head. He got kicked out of the maesters before he took head transplanting 101." This is a fantasy series. Liberties will be, and have been, taken.

As far as speaking, eating, sleeping etc. with the un-Dead in this series, we have Cat, Beric, and Coldhands. None of the them have to sleep eat or drink. Coldhands and Beric can speak, and Cat can kind of speak. Ser Robert the Strong has conveniently taken a vow of silence. Also, there is a prophecy or a dream, sorry to be vague but can't remember the details, I think Bran dreams it when he's in a coma, where there is a giant of a man with no head under the helm or something like that. He's dreaming of two other guys too, and I'm pretty sure they were Jaime and the Hound.

^Cat can talk, it's just that it's hard to talk when your neck has a slash across it.

All the other ones that were revived had at least some mental capacity, and while we don't exactly know if they are at all similar, I think he would at least have given Robert S. a patchwork head. Not needing a head at all would make him closer to Others i think, though I'm not sure that the Others would have been able to pass off as human, or close enough in this case. Anyway, my point is that it could be any head really, and it doesn't have to be his own. Cersei might have a face in mind, but there isn't enough info for me to say who it is. I'm secretly hoping it's Joffrey's though, just because.

Dwarves heads are big in relation to their own bodies. Not to the general populace.

Achondroplasia has macrocephaly as one of its symptoms. So yes, large in relation to the general populace.

The man proved to be Tyroshi; short and stout and sweaty, with an unctuous smile that reminded her of Varys and a forked beard dyed green and pink. Cersei misliked him on sight, but was willing to overlook his flaws if he actually had Tyrion's head inside the chest he carried. It was cedar, inlaid with ivory in a pattern of vines and flowers, with hinges and clasps of white gold. A lovely thing, but the queen's only interest lay in what might be within. It is big enough, at least. Tyrion had a grotesquely large head, for one so small and stunted.

He must have a head or he couldn't see to fight or walk around and he would have likely busted his ass trying to carry Cersie up those stairs to the palace. I think the most reasonable thing is for him to have his own head still, and the reason he can't speak is because they sewed or bolted his mouth shut to stop his screaming as the poison ravaged him. Either that or he has a dwarf head, imagine the power complex that would develope from a dwarf waking up in Gregors body!

Achondroplasia has macrocephaly as one of its symptoms. So yes, large in relation to the general populace.

There is larger than average head. Then there is a gap, then there is the size of the head that belonged to a man that made The Hound look small, made warhorses strain beneath the bulk of him and his armor. The great beast of a man, Sandor, was downright diminutive in Gregor's presence, to hear the characters describe it.

Gregor Clegane went well beyond being larger than average. He was monstrously huge. Combine that with the fact that Myrcella is hanging with the Martells, it would be a HUGE risk to send the wrong head to Doran. As meticulous and cautious as he is, and renowned across the entire kingdom for this, a 'larger than average' head would be a stupid move to make. Might as well send a note asking them to toss your daughter into a dungeon.

He must have a head or he couldn't see to fight or walk around and he would have likely busted his ass trying to carry Cersie up those stairs to the palace. I think the most reasonable thing is for him to have his own head still, and the reason he can't speak is because they sewed or bolted his mouth shut to stop his screaming as the poison ravaged him. Either that or he has a dwarf head, imagine the power complex that would develope from a dwarf waking up in Gregors body!

That's the problem. I don't see someone else's skull being sent to Prince Doran, and the Prince falling for that. The way that character is described, I don't see that as being reasonable at all.

Archived