Pairings you cannot stand.

Lady Faceless

This is not the case, because we are in a fantasy novel and we know that in this case Shae IS in real danger, first because of the riots (it's sensible to make her abandon her mansion because the city is not safe- we've just seen the brutal scene of the attack), and then because Tywin said that he would have had her hanged.

One may argue that that was paranoid because Tywin didn't eventually kill her at all, but instead slept with her, but Tyrion had seen what happened to Tysha and had all reasons in the world to believe that Tywin would have kept his word.

And he did warn her about the dangers and told her to go away, but she decided not to.

The difference about RL and novels is that is very rare than in RL people are in this extreme situations in which people are actually in danger, and so most of the time it's just paranoia and need for control, but in this novel the danger is very real.

Then, what I'm saying is that Tyrion had just been subject to a enormous amount of psychological stress, and yes, that's a mitigating circumstance! Every jury in the world would consider that!

You can't distinguish between the state of mind in which Tyrion was when he killed Shae and that in which killed Tywin: it's the very same, it happened within minutes. He probably would have killed Lum and Lester too, if they had got in the way.

I believe it would be called a temporary loss of sanity, and IMHO it's perfectly understandable under the circumstances he was in.

You know for a prostitute Shae showed oddly little concern for her own safety even when Tyrion was making a serious case and was quite anxious himself. I wonder if she knew she was safe, at least from Tywin, or thought she was, bc she was banging him too. She really did not concern herself with her own safety - she was rather grudging about following Tyrion's orders. She was antiparanoid :)

On the main point, from Tyrion's point of view, they were both ungrateful treacherous a**holes who literally tried to get him killed (well, Tywin might have pardoned him, but ...) in return for his working hard and taking personal risks for them.

Lynesse Hightower and Jorah... way to go, marriage

Speaking of which, I've always wondered -- and perhaps this never ends up coming up -- but if Daenerys takes Jorah back in her good graces and is subsequently successful in taking Westeros, does this issue become relevant once more?

Speaking of which, I've always wondered -- and perhaps this never ends up coming up -- but if Daenerys takes Jorah back in her good graces and is subsequently successful in taking Westeros, does this issue become relevant once more?

Like if they could annul the theoretical polygamy marriage betwixt Dany and Jorah other husbands because Lynesse is technically his wife? I don't know where you live, but here in Connecticut dragons still trump lawyers, religion and politics. But if Lynesse showed up all of a sudden having dumped the other guy and wanted to come back to Jorah? Good question, and I think it might get bloody. Or fiery....

Like if they could annul the possible polygamy marriage betwixt Dany and Jorah because Lynesse is technically his wife? No, dragons trump lawyers. But if Lynesse showed up all of a sudden having dumped the other guy and wanted to come back to Jorah? Good question, and I think it might get bloody. Or fiery....

Not even that because I'm dead certain Jorah will never marry Daenerys. But, even so, he surely would want the possibility of marrying again. And where it gets complicated is that House Hightower is one of the four or five most powerful houses in all the realm. So it would be somewhat awkward, to say the least, for Jorah to request annulment by reason of infidelity or something similar.

That said, I still think it more likely than not that this issue doesn't even come up.

I disagree with the idea that Sansa should never marry, or will never be happy in a marriage. Sansa has changed and matured a great deal, and she's no longer looking for a prince to sweep her off her feet, but at heart she is still compassionate and still more than capable of loving someone, and I think as she grows she will want a family. I think Sansa could still be very happy in a marriage to the right person, someone she felt she could trust and who had her best interests at heart.

That said, I agree being alone is better than any of her current potential suitors (LF, the Hound, probably Harry).

OMG, actually experiencing the tears of fan rage I really need Jon/Dany to hook up even more than before. The twilight fans are freaking out over this Kristen Stewart cheating scandal and it's fucking hilarious.

OMG, actually experiencing the tears of fan rage I really need Jon/Dany to hook up even more than before. The twilight fans are freaking out over this Kristen Stewart cheating scandal and it's fucking hilarious.

Wow. :laugh:

Admittedly, I'm a generation Ann Rice vampire observer, and never got into the Twilight stuff, but, didn't I see that coming.

Cersei and Jaime. Theoretically it could be a great love story (spanning decades, going against everyone and everything) but actually it's horrible with the way Cersei treats Jaime. Jaime might not be the best of human beings, but he pales in comparison to her. I don't think anyone should be treated like that in a "loving" relationship.

Archived