Fallen characters: appreciation thread

Rhaegar: He is only mentioned in almost every chapter. He is either portrayed as the bad guy in anime who is really likeable or some kind of misunderstood saint

The Red Viper : Come on...way too cool

Ygritte : Best redhead in the book.

Ned : The only "good guy" in the series.

Lyanna: So she can explain how Rhaegar stuck her with the pointy end which lead to Jon

Rhaego : Who is going to argue with a 6ft tall half dothraki/ half Targ, scaled dragon warlord with a great claim to the iron throne...

Greywind: The wolf not the owner

Lady : Id have prefered it be Sansa

Ygritte because I adored her and got all teary when she died. All she wanted was to educate boys on the Lord's Kiss...a real noble pursuit if you ask me. :P Seriously, though, I loved Ygritte. :crying:

Oberyn Martell - so much potential awesomeness gone to soon.

Quentyn Martell - I found this buffoon to be slightly endearing. I don't know what it is about him, but I was sort of sad he left so soon, but the stupidity of how he died will always overshadow the kind of man he could have been.

2. Lord Beric Dondarrion- the Lightning Lord (sounds cool anyway you say it) who defends the realm with a band of Outlaws from tyranny, while maintaining the King's Justice and providing a Holy Mission for previously lawless, aimless men. It is rumoured he has recrutied thousands to the Brotherhood witohut Banners, and provides a significant underground threat to the Lannisters, while being a man of the people.

Yeah, damn I should have listed him too.

Rhaenys Targaryen - sweet and innocent, the greatest loss in the whole series.

Balerion the One-Eared shall avenge her !

Also, poor Dick Crabb - he wasn't the treacherous jerk people expected him to be.

*Beyond the Wall -Ygritte. Someone had to teach Jon Snow that there is more in life than guarding a Wall. I was genuinely sorry to see her go.

*North-Dacey Mormont. She fought well and was a real credit to what proper Northern education can offer. Catelyn should have taken notes.

*Iron Islands - Adrack Humble. In the end of the day, just a man who wants to go home again. Some humanity among the raiders.

*Riverlands - Stevron Frey. Brave, patient, amiable. A good and loyal man.

*Westerlands - Tywin Lannister. I'll have to agree with Pycelle: "I have served six kings, but here before us lies the greatest man I ever knew. Lord Tywin wore no crown, yet he was all a king should be."

*The Vale- Sir Hugh. Dreams of chivalry and career end fast when Gregor Clegane stands in your way.

*Stormlands- Renly Baratheon. Charismatic, above averave politician, good employer, and witty.

*Crownlands - Qarlton Chelsted. The Hand who tried to rescue King's Landing and had the courage to stand up to Aerys II. He payed for it with his life, but I have to give him proper credit.

-Reach- Emmon Cuy. You give someone the benefit of the doubt and pay for it with your life. Ouch. He didn't have to die at the hand of his sworn brother. Damn Loras and his rage.

- Dorne- Oberyn Martell. Best dad in the series.

- Free Cities- Syrio Forel. Honor to the First Sword of Braavos.

-Slaver's Bay. I have to pick two:

--Rylona Ree. The martyred voice of the freedmen. Notice how Daenerys failed to replace her?

--Queen Whore of Astapor. She reportedly died while still fighting against her enemies, and with a last curse upon her lips. While her male colleague surrendered out of fear.

Rest.In.Book.Heaven. the following characters...

Lady (You'd still be alive if it wasn't for your owner"It should have been you"), Dick Crabb (just because his name was Dick Crabb), Ned, Robb Stark, Peasant # 4, Barra and Mom, Roberts bastard twins, Voldermort, Lysa Arryn (I love my batshit crazy characters), Beric Dondarrion, Joffery (I loved to hate you), Aegon V, Bobby B, Lommy Greenhands (who's going to dye my tokars now?),

:bowdown:

Voldermort Yes! Me too

and Peasant # 7<----Yesss, how could I forget dear old peasant # 7???

Joffery (I loved to hate you) :lmao:

Tis true. I love my bad guys. I really hated Joffery so much that I didn't really want him do die. I wished he would have lived longer so I could hate him a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

Renly Baratheon; he was so damn FABULOUS! Did you see what he did with his Kings Guard? Mel and Stannis were just some damn haters. Renly had so much swagg! and He chose to hang around people who had just as much swagg, uh Loras hello! And if Loras dies we are going to have a big ass problem! (I don't think he is even injured btw)

To Renly :cheers: :crying:

Lord Beric Dondarrion aka the Lightning Lord. KIA 6 times (record holder). Was in my opnion the only truely good character in the seires, with his mission to protect the smallfolk.

King Bob Baratheon. We'll miss you and your parties Bob. Cercei certainly could've used some more slapping around later in the series.

Lord Eddard Stark. Loved his whole amateur Sherlock thing, but he was killed before he could amass more evidence. Shame. Now we'll have to wait 7 books for the truth to come out.

Jon Snow, LC of the NW. Well, he may or may not be dead but for now we must assume he's been assassinated...and warged into a direwolf.

Poderick Payne, fait unknown, but presumably killed, hanged by some undead bitch, your tale of heroism will not be forgotten.

Gerard Hightower aka the White Bull and Arthur Dayne the Sword of the Morning, two valliant knights who apparently were KIA in a mysterious skirmish at the ToJ.

Jeor "Old Bear" Mormont, didn't deserve to get his ass assassinated the way he eventually checked out, you could consider him the "last of the Rangers" (a variation on "last of the romans").

Robb Stark-I will always be a fan of Robb. He was 15 and had to become Lord of Winterfell, and he ruled wisely as Lord. Then his father is arrested and he has to call his banners, consisting mostly of men his father's age and older, none of whom respect him initially. Then, due to HIS bravery, HIS courage, HIS leadership, and HIS justice, his bannerman and his grandfather's bannermen proclaim him The King in the North by acclamation. I don't think any other scene in fantasy compared quite to that one. The Greatjon, Lord Karstark, and then Mallister and Piper and Blackwood and Bracken and all of these RIVERLORDS who were never ruled by the North all choosing Robb as their king. I would kill to have a son like that.

Eddard Stark

Robb Stark

Jeor Mormont

Oberyn Martell

Kevan Lannister

Quentyn Martell

All of these were decent men, flawed but ultimately honorable characters, who deserved a better end. Special mention also to some of the kingsguard members, namely Arys Oakheart and Preston Greenfield. Decent men all of them.

Archived