How do you think Robert Arryn will die?

Les Berceaux

I think it's inevitable that "Sweetrobin" will die by the end of the series, but I'm not sure how. I think the most likely scenarios are him being poisoned, or him being enraged into a huge fit that kills him. I don't really have any fully thought out theories, but I sometimes wonder if Alayne will do it, and then conveniently "die" when Sansa reappears, or Littlefinger will do it.

It is strongly hinted that sweetsleep could do the trick. The Maester is clearly worried ... and told this to Littlefinger and Sansa as well.

Littlefinger and maybe Sansa are the 'usual suspects' as are the people who have an interest in Harry the Heir becoming Lord of the Vale.

Old and fulfilled, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren, like he's just dozing off.

A man can dream.

But seriously, I 'm not that sure Robert will die. Not yet. There's just so many hints, and so many plots dependent on his death, I think he'll survive, just for the trolling.

I really hope Robert Arryn turns out to be the Teddy Roosevelt of the story. A boy who was young and sickly who became involved in fitness and became a great leader, one worthy to call himself Jon Arryns son.

Yeah that is probably a dream

I dont know, torn apart by a falcon? Why not?

Im thinking Sweetrobin lives on.. as said by Ser_Patreck, Sweetrobin has been set up to die for so long, he'll end up being the last person alive in Westeros..

But for real im sure hes gunna live, Sansa isnt going to kill her little cus. LF will do anything so you cant put it past him. But the whole Harry the Heir thing? I mean what the hell is that!!

Old and fulfilled, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren, like he's just dozing off.

A man can dream.

But seriously, I 'm not that sure Robert will die. Not yet. There's just so many hints, and so many plots dependent on his death, I think he'll survive, just for the trolling.

Pretty much this. His impending death is explicitly referenced too often in the novels to believe it will actually happen. I can see him growing up to actually being a worthy person.

Agree that he doesn't. Sansa actually saves him and since he is no longer under the influence of his odious mother, he actually grows into a worthy person. He ends up being fostered by someone like a Davos, who would have no time for the boy's nonsense.

I think it's inevitable that "Sweetrobin" will die by the end of the series, but I'm not sure how. I think the most likely scenarios are him being poisoned, or him being enraged into a huge fit that kills him. I don't really have any fully thought out theories, but I sometimes wonder if Alayne will do it, and then conveniently "die" when Sansa reappears, or Littlefinger will do it.

Littlefinger is already planning for Sweetrobin to conveniently die when he needs him to, which will be as soon as an annulment for Sansa's marriage to Tyrion can be had from the High Septon. When that is done, LF will off Sweetrobin so that the rule of the Vale will go to Harold Hardyng, or Harry the Heir, who is currently betrothed to Alayne Stone, but LF of course says he's going to "out" her as Sansa Stark at their wedding.

While Sweetrobin is a sick and sickly boy, who is getting worse, it is possible he could get better with better treatment. It seems the Maester is not able to give him this though, so it is uncertain who would be able to. There have been some theories knocking around that Sansa/Alayne will save Sweetrobin from LF's clutches at the same time as she escapes the 5th wedding alliance made for her (Hth) and takes Sweetrobin with her to the Quiet Isle, where the Elder Brother is said to have "healing hands". The Proctor at the QI goes on at length to Brienne about how good the EB is at nursing people back to health, even the ones who had been at "death's door".

If she doesn't, then it does indeed look bad for Robert Arryn, since he's completely in the clutches of LF and LF does not wish him well. He only wants to use him.

Of course, Sansa will need some assistance to get down from the Bloody Gate, possibly via Lothor Brune and Mya Stone. Another possibility is the Blackfish, should he turn up, perhaps even with Bronze Yohn Royce. Or all of the above.

Sansa is basically at a crossroads with Sweetrobin. The boy is pretty terrible and a nuisance, but he also does not deserve death. If she goes along with LF's scheme, then she is complicit to murder. If not, then she needs a way to remove herself and Sweetrobin from the Vale ASAP.

Sansa is basically at a crossroads with Sweetrobin. The boy is pretty terrible and a nuisance, but he also does not deserve death. If she goes along with LF's scheme, then she is complicit to murder. If not, then she needs a way to remove herself and Sweetrobin from the Vale ASAP.

Yes, I agree with this. I don't think it is a given that Robert ARryn will die. Little Robert will be the test for Sansa to see whether she crosses over to the dark side. My gut (maybe just hope) is that Sansa will save Robert somehow and that he will grow up to be healthy and strong under her influence and eventually be the leader of the Vale. Sansa is already showing that she can be a good mother to him. Plus, it would be such a great way to stick it to LF who is obviously planning on Little Robert's death.

Agree that he doesn't. Sansa actually saves him and since he is no longer under the influence of his odious mother, he actually grows into a worthy person. He ends up being fostered by someone like a Davos, who would have no time for the boy's nonsense.

Its obvious Davos will start a daycare center. Robert and Rickon are the first two kids. I hear they're making a sitcom about it.

But addressing the thread, I'd like to think that he survives. He has the potential for greatness, being that young. Now that his mother is gone he can be raised by a firm hand (or should be, but LF wont allow it). If Stannis fostered him from the get go the kid would already be grinding his teeth.

I really hope Robert Arryn turns out to be the Teddy Roosevelt of the story. A boy who was young and sickly who became involved in fitness and became a great leader, one worthy to call himself Jon Arryns son.

Yeah that is probably a dream

I dont know, torn apart by a falcon? Why not?

He is totally going the route of Teddy Roosevelt. I can see him growing up to be a strong, puissant warrior who is very vigorous and fathers many, many heirs.

He is totally going the route of Teddy Roosevelt. I can see him growing up to be a strong, puissant warrior who is very vigorous and fathers many, many heirs.

I hope so, but he can produce many, many heirs even if he is weak and sickly. Just look at Walder Frey, the Rosby's and Minnisa Whent.

I always thought 'Sweetrobin' was meant as a jape. Somehow I don't find boys very sympathetic who ask their mother: "Can I make him fly? I want to see him fly.", a boy who obviously delights in seeing two men fight to the death, who is enraged when he is denied that he can make the one who survived fall to his death. No, definitely not a sweetrobin :frown5:

I am thinking about LF's situation right now. I think more time has to pass before he attempts anything with Sweetrobin but maybe not. The boy really could be given anything to off him that would be passed as something aiding him. Lysa went out the moondoor. He still has Sansa disguised really only with hair color as Alayne. He already had people come to check on him. If Robert goes now I think it is too risky and LF knows that. I think many know Robert is sickly and LF will have to make it seem like he dies because he was just sick for a long time. I think LF knows the order of how he wants all his duck or pawns in a row and what to do, but he still has people in the Vale on his back and others that could be a problem for him outside the Vale too. Robert is in LF's way but then again his loss makes theings tricky for LF's schemes too.

As long as Sansa is married, Littlefinger has to keep Sweetrobin alive, albeit just barely. Since Tyrion has proven to be quite hardy, Sansa won't become a widow any time soon. The marriage won't get annulled while the Lannisters control the Iron Throne. So Sweetrobin has some time.

As long as Sansa is married, Littlefinger has to keep Sweetrobin alive, albeit just barely. Since Tyrion has proven to be quite hardy, Sansa won't become a widow any time soon. The marriage won't get annulled while the Lannisters control the Iron Throne. So Sweetrobin has some time.

The marriage could be annulled for another reason than Tyrion being dead: non-consummation. But I agree that this will not be in the interest of the Lannisters and as long as they control the 'Baratheon' who sits on the Iron Throne I am curious how and when Littlefinger thinks he can get away with marrying Sansa to someone else.

Archived