Plot twists you did not expect. (Major spoilers!)

Spurned Suitor

Well, I'd say that each chapter contains a plot twist!

Something that I did not absolutely expect was Stannis sweeping away the wildings at the wall, Tyrion killing his father with no mercy, and Victarion rescuing Moqorro (who is going to play a big role... I'm feeling it!)

Lysa poisoning Jon Arryn was surprising, because at the time I found out about it I had forgotten all about the his death and it was the thing that started everything. Joffrey sending the assassin was also a surprise, for the same reason that I'd forgotten about it when it was solved.

The Mountain killing Oberyn was shocking, just because he was so close to victory. But alas, things can never work out well for Tyrion the dwarf

- Darkstar trying to kill Myrcella.

- Arya killing Dareon, if her motive was a claim to jurisdiction as Ned Stark's heir. I don't suppose she killed him just for robbing him of his boots.

- Jorah kidnapping Tyrion, I did not see this coming :blushing:

- The baby switch at the Wall

- Darkstar trying to kill Myrcella.

- Arya killing Dareon, if her motive was a claim to jurisdiction as Ned Stark's heir. I don't suppose she killed him just for robbing him of his boots.

- Jorah kidnapping Tyrion, I did not see this coming :blushing:

totally agree!

See that's one I saw coming as soon as they left and Gilly gave Jon orders about getting a wet nurse and not naming that baby until he was two. Maybe there was mother instinct on that one but I immediately went "No! She's leaving HER baby at the wall!" :(

-I didn't see Lysa having poisoned Jon. That was a great twist!

-Oberyn dying is also a great twist because we know Tyrion is innocent of the poisoning and his champion proved him innocent before. Plus he had the mountain poisoned. That should count for something!

-Vary's army of bloodthirsty children. I had his birds pegged as spies not assassins

ASOIAF:

• Shae's betrayal of Tyrion and subsequent murder at his hands. (Can't wait to see this in the show. Powerful stuff.)
  • Theon surviving and his subsequent transformation. (I thought he was probably just killed. Never anticipated his dramatic new arc.)
  • The Red Wedding. From a narrative perspective it was a huge risk to take, but I'm glad GRRM did it.
  • Varys killing Kevan.
  • Connecting the dots when it came to Littlefinger and realizing he is the most insidious character we've met.

Dunk & Egg:

• Baelor Breakspear dying.
  • Ser Eustace and Lady Rohanne--blew my mind a little bit.

Eddard's Death

Viserys Death

Renly's Death (shocked me)

The Red Wedding (a total massacre of all that was good)

UnCat

Maester Qyburn being so evil

Little Weasel killing Lady Lysa

Mance being killed but it turning out to be Rattleshirt

Theon doing something "good."

Archived