Dany and Stannis: a Comparative Look

butterbumps!

I lost an elaborate reply to this, but let's see if I can recreate it.

1. Dany was quite literally alone in the desert, without any people... Until she took those strangers, and made them hers.

2. She did not stay in the previous cities because she had no idea what would happen to the cities once she left... So she decided to stay, and rule - to stabilize Mereen after she conquered it.

3. You said that unimportant people don't matter. Now you say that 10 important people don't matter? How do you define "important"? And how many important people does it take so that they actually matter? If the people are important enough, 10 would be quite sufficient.

4. Doran is of primary importance, he is one of the 10 most powerful people in Westeros. He has his own plans, yes, and vengeance is part of it. Dorne is another. Doran will have to move fast because the Dornish will flock to Aegon's side in large numbers when they find out that Young Griff is Elia of Dorne's son. And they will mean it when they call themselves Targaryen loyalists: Aegon is a prince of Dorne, too.

5. Other important people who consider joining Aegon will also have their own plans and motivations... It is not required (or even expected) that they trust them.

So I think that Jon Connington is indeed right.

Dany and Stannis have totally different styles of leadership, so I cannot really tell who is better. I think both of them are good leaders - and can grow into better leaders.

1.Dany always had people one way or another, or her Dragons.

2.Because she didn’t care. Not because she didn’t know. It’s not that difficult to imagine what will happen in a city if you caused destruction and chaos.

3.Yes smallfolks aren’t as important as the highborns.

4+ 5. Doran is one man and he maybe have his vassals but the other claimants have more support than she has. Doran will stand by his nephew (if YG is Aegon) side, not by Dany's.

How about her mistakes which make her so wrong for the leadership?

Archived