Mance/Jon Or the Effects of Overanalysis

Winter's Knight

May the Seven bless you, WK. Thank you for finally bringing this incredibly important issue to the public's attention, and perhaps we can finally put all those ideas of "Jon and Dany: saviors of the world" to rest.

You conniving little Jigglypuff, you tricked me! Under the guise of requesting my help, you manipulated me into not only wanting to know Mance Biblically but also made my arguing for Jonerys that much harder.

Wk, I would love to hear your romance theories in other sci/fantasy.

"Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt" or how one bounty hunter found an oasis of love on the deserts of Tattooine"

I've always suspected Hans/Chewbacca. And don't tell me Luke was immune to Solo's charms.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Hans Shot First", doesn't it?

I'm sure if I give you enough time you can thoroughly convince me Yoda and C3PO had a torrid love affair. Don't hide this gift under a rock WK!

I'd have to rewatch Star Wars for that though-not my idea of fun.

I've always suspected Hans/Chewbacca. And don't tell me Luke was immune to Solo's charms.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Hans Shot First", doesn't it?

I always thought that Hand Solo was master of his own domain.

I'm sure if I give you enough time you can thoroughly convince me Yoda and C3PO had a torrid love affair. Don't hide this gift under a rock WK!

It was Yoda and R2D2. I don't know if he ever met 3PO, besides it was wiped from 3POs memory if he did, it never happened.

Because whats not fun about purposely misreading sections of a 6000 page book series to imply illicit sexual activity?

There's nothing illicit about the affair. And I am not misreading the text, merely offering an alternative reading. Mance does continue trusting Jon after being lied to and Jon does strive to protect Mance's child at the risk of Gilly's.

Now, if I were misreading it, I'd also throw in how Jon gave Rattleshirt-as-Mance a merciful death but I haven't because that was a Jon-has-a-sense-of-pity and not Jon-is-in-love-with-Mance.

God said "This is my son, with whom I am well pleased."

obviously Jesus and God were having a homoerotic incestuous relationship, and God killed Jesus in a sudden lovers quarrel, then forgave him and brought him back to life.

I prefer Jesus/Judas. Judas risked damnation so that Christ could complete his mission on earth. It takes a lot of courage to do that.

1. One of his titles is Hornblower.

Laughed so hard. I'm sold and will ship this pairing forever and ever. Can they be JoMance? Do we have any evidence of jealousy from Tormund over the loss of Mance? Perhaps that's why he keeps trying to impress the size of his member upon Jon.

I prefer Jesus/Judas. Judas risked damnation so that Christ could complete his mission on earth. It takes a lot of courage to do that.

Just sayin', the author of the Gospel of John refers to himself as "the disciple whom Jesus loved." Don't even have to read that far into that one.

Laughed so hard. I'm sold and will ship this pairing forever and ever. Can they be JoMance? Do we have any evidence of jealousy from Tormund over the loss of Mance? Perhaps that's why he keeps trying to impress the size of his member upon Jon.

Tormund did mention that one of the Giants called Jon his daughter. Now, Tormuund was the one who had insulted said giant, so why would the answering parry be against Jon?

The thing I want to know is what they spent 2 hours talking about and why it was not shared with us.

Tormund did mention that one of the Giants called Jon his daughter. Now, Tormuund was the one who had insulted said giant, so why would the answering parry be against Jon?

Maybe he thought Tormund having a funny-looking daughter was an insult?

On that topic, why does Mance kick everyone out of his tent when he talks to Jon, and why does he tell Tormund, "No, you especially" when Tormund asks if he's kicked out as well. The plot thickens....

Archived