Mance/Jon Or the Effects of Overanalysis

Winter's Knight

On that topic, why does Mance kick everyone out of his tent when he talks to Jon, and why does he tell Tormund, "No, you especially" when Tormund asks if he's kicked out as well. The plot thickens....

Heh, I need to pay more attention to what I'm reading. How did that escape my attention?

I ask you this: Is nothing sacred?

First you took the Ned. We cringed.

Then you took the Oberyn. We dealt with it.

Now you've gayed up the Jon as well?!

Just for clarity, "the Oberyn's" homosexuality is actually overtly referenced in the book. There's no "interpretation" of anything needed on that one.

ETA: consider the last 20 posts "liked."

I ask you this: Is nothing sacred?

First you took the Ned. We cringed.

Then you took the Oberyn. We dealt with it.

Now you've gayed up the Jon as well?!

"Gayed up"? Is your Jon Snow any less brave, principled or humane for seeming to have a crush on Mance?

Just for clarity, "the Oberyn's" homosexuality is actually overtly referenced in the book. There's no "interpretation" of anything needed on that one.

ETA: consider the last 20 posts "liked."

Bisexuality, Bumps.

WK, I love this ship so much, I'm going to do another "What GRRM considered calling the books" - Jomance edition:

A Game of Chance Encounters: The Bard in Disguise, the Bastard in Disgrace. Who knew love could bloom amidst Catelyn's icy stares?

A Clash of Commitments: The wildings or the watch? Life at the Wall just got warmer.

A Storm of Invasions: A wall of ice is no match for a heart on fire.

A Feast for Fantasies: Separated by fate, united by desire.

A Dance with Duty: Riding South was an easy decision for Jon to make. How could a vow to duty eclipse the vow to your heart?

WK, I love this ship so much, I'm going to do another "What GRRM considered calling the books" - Jomance edition:

A Game of Chance Encounters: The Bard in Disguise, the Bastard in Disgrace. Who knew love could bloom amidst Catelyn's icy stares?

A Clash of Commitments: The wildings or the watch? Life at the Wall just got warmer.

A Dance with Duty: Riding South was an easy decision for Jon to make. How could a vow to duty eclipse the vow to your heart?

:bowdown: :lmao:

Your brilliance is far beyond mine, m'lady.

I see a future for you in the gay romance novel industry.

On that topic, why does Mance kick everyone out of his tent when he talks to Jon, and why does he tell Tormund, "No, you especially" when Tormund asks if he's kicked out as well. The plot thickens....

'praying' gets a bit complicated with three.

It seems that you think any close male friendship is gay.

(It might be, I'm not saying it's not).

Not at all-I haven't said anything about Bronn/Tyrion, Dunk/Aegon, Tyrion/Pod and so on, because, none of them show any evidence that a romance is budding or may take place. I keep my crackfic ships out of the forums.

Mance/Jon was actually thought up by Taganarro on the Learning to Lead board. I looked into it and found that it is one way to explain why Mance continues to trust Jon and why Jon saved Mance's child.

And erm what? This is trying to prove that Jon and Mance are gay and make passionate love under their furs every time Tormund sings the Bear and the Maiden Fair?

This is overanalysis and the only thing it supports is the combined theory of R+L=J and RT=MR.

Archived