Mance/Jon Or the Effects of Overanalysis

Winter's Knight

• 2 months later...

On that topic, why does Mance kick everyone out of his tent when he talks to Jon, and why does he tell Tormund, "No, you especially" when Tormund asks if he's kicked out as well. The plot thickens....

I think Dalla stayed behind, yes?

Here's something: Mance says something to Jon about him going off with Ygritte and how they shouldn't be separated because of two hearts that beat as one. Jon later bitterly recalls the mocking tone in Mance's voice.

Something else: Mance says: "Over the Wall. It’s past time you proved your faith with something more than words, Jon Snow.” Supposedly he's talking about Jon learning the lord's kiss with Ygritte, but quite possible that there's double meaning here. Maybe Mance was actually wanting Jon to learn the art of horn blowing.

Here's something: Mance says something to Jon about him going off with Ygritte and how they shouldn't be separated because of two hearts that beat as one. Jon later bitterly recalls the mocking tone in Mance's voice.

Something else: Mance says: "Over the Wall. It’s past time you proved your faith with something more than words, Jon Snow.” Supposedly he's talking about Jon learning the lord's kiss with Ygritte, but quite possible that there's double meaning here. Maybe Mance was actually wanting Jon to learn the art of horn blowing.

:lmao:

Ahem. *de-gutters mind*

Aye, Dalla stayed-perhaps Mance is of the opinion that it's not gay in a three way? :leer:

Or maybe she was chaproning.

In all seriousness, the woman was heavily pregnant-kicking her out just so Mance could chat up Ygritte's hot new friend would be a tad rude.

:lmao:

Ahem. *de-gutters mind*

Aye, Dalla stayed-perhaps Mance is of the opinion that it's not gay in a three way? :leer:

Or maybe she was chaproning.

In all seriousness, the woman was heavily pregnant-kicking her out just so Mance could chat up Ygritte's hot new friend would be a tad rude.

Haha. Glad to see this thread still alive and kicking. You are correct Dr Pepper, Dalla does stay in the tent. I think WK's explanation works though- Mance is nothing if not a gentleman, he'd never kick his pregnant wife out of a confidential sexcapade with the hot new wildling recruit. I believe Dalla might be in on it as well. Her lasting legacy of advice in ADWD is something about a sword and a hilt...Methinks there is some phallic meaning and sexual innuendo involved here.

Haha. Glad to see this thread still alive and kicking. You are correct Dr Pepper, Dalla does stay in the tent. I think WK's explanation works though- Mance is nothing if not a gentleman, he'd never kick his pregnant wife out of a confidential sexcapade with the hot new wildling recruit. I believe Dalla might be in on it as well. Her lasting legacy of advice in ADWD is something about a sword and a hilt...Methinks there is some phallic meaning and sexual innuendo involved here.

Oh, I know, maybe Dalla knew that Mel would try to form a wedge in the Jon/Mance union and wanted to give a word of warning. Too bad her words of warning had about as much use as Jon Arryn's "the seed is strong" warning.

Oh, I know, maybe Dalla knew that Mel would try to form a wedge in the Jon/Mance union and wanted to give a word of warning. Too bad her words of warning had about as much use as Jon Arryn's "the seed is strong" warning.

Dead men tell no tales and dying ones can't seem to give coherent advice, eh? :P

I know this is OT, but don't even get me started with Jon Arryn choosing to say "the seed is strong" as he's dying. Seriously? I hate this literary device where dying characters have to give cryptic warnings that make no sense. Why the fuck can't he say "Cersei shagged her brother and the children are his"? On that note, why the hell is a dying Jon Arryn more concerned about Robert and his non-children than his own wife and sickly child?

On Melisandre, I wonder if Mance is at all concerned about Dalla's beautiful sister distracting Jon. You'd think Mance would be smart enough to recognize Val as the real danger to Jomance, and not Melisandre.

Archived