Westeros 10 Man A-Team Choices?

Ok, there are a lot of badaysses in this series. Say you had to pick 10 people for your A-Team. Who would they be? Dead people allowed, of course. I'm gonna add a 5 Man joke A-Team too.

1. The Mountain

2. The Red Viper

3. Ser Barristan Selmy

4. Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

5. Ser Jaime Lannister (with hand)

6. Ser Arthur Dayne the Sword of the Morning

7. Khal Drogo

8. Strong Belwas

9. Yoren

10. Jaqen H'Ghar

Joke A-Team

1. The Great Walrus

2. Ser Pounce

3. Hot Pie

4. Old Nan

5. Samwell Tarly the Slayer

Dead people allowed, of course.

Are we talking dead since AGOT or dead in the history of Westeros? For example can I have Daemon Blackfyre on my team? Also do I need worry about loyalty or is this just straight talent for killing?

Who the hell are Simon Toyne and Timett son of Timett? Are they BWB outlaws? Anguy the Archer IS a beast. He SHOULD just have a scene where he rapidly and effortlessly fires arrows at oncoming troops, all while he skateboards down some stairs on a shield. If you don't get the reference then hang your head in shame.

I was gonna say young Robert Baratheon, but I still reckon Ned Stark was better. Ned killed three of the best Kingsuguard evs with six other men.

Who the hell are Simon Toyne and Timett son of Timett? Are they BWB outlaws? Anguy the Archer IS a beast. He SHOULD just have a scene where he rapidly and effortlessly fires arrows at oncoming troops, all while he skateboards down some stairs on a shield. If you don't get the reference then hang your head in shame.

I was gonna say young Robert Baratheon, but I still reckon Ned Stark was better. Ned killed three of the best Kingsuguard evs with six other men.

Simon Toyne and The Smiling Knight were members of the Kingswood Brotherhood. The Smiling Knight was his generations Gregor Clegane. And Timett son of Timett is one of Tyrion's wild men from the Mountains of the Moon. I was going to use Shagga son of Dolf but Timett burned out his own eye.

I do indeed get the reference. Since Anguy isn't an elf he might have trouble pulling that off.

Guys, guys, guys.

A proper A-Team requires a group of people who each have a very particular and unique set of skills, because to get anything done you don't just need people who are good with a sword, you need people who are skilled at plotting and scheming, commanding other men, stealth and subterfuge, and hey, a bit of magic is always nice too.

Therefore, assuming the time period is the beginning of A Game of Thrones, my dream 10-man team is:

1. Team Leader:

Tywin Lannister (to keep everyone else in line, and he's both an excellent military commander and a great political strategist)

2. His Right-Hand Man:

Tyrion Lannister (he's the only one who I can imagine out-thinking Littlefinger or Varys, and he's shown a knack for military strategy and leading men in a pinch)

3. The Schemer:

Littlefinger (the evil genius archetype, we've seen him to have greater success manipulating events and other people than almost anyone else in the books)

4. The Informant:

Varys (the master of whispers and a master plotter, he knows everything about everyone and yet remains an enigma to all)

5. The Assassin:

Jaqen H'ghar (A Faceless Man can reach anyone, anywhere, and bring them a quick death)

6. The Sorceress:

Melisandre (She has a limited ability to divine the future, she can pump out a shadow-baby now and then, and she may have the ability to breathe life back into the dead)

7-10. The Fighters:

Jaime Lannister (with his hand still intact, Jaime was without peer among the knights of Westeros)

Sandor Clegane (the fear he inspires in others alone would be valuable, his talent for killing makes him invaluable - he'd just need to stay at least relatively sober)

Khal Drogo (he brings a very different fighting style to the table, and his skills are considered unequaled among a culture of nomadic horselords who live solely for war)

Oberyn Martell (the man who took down the Mountain, he is another example of speed and skill defeating strength, and he is known to use poisoned weapons to boot)

Those 10 working together would rule the world, without a doubt.

Using the positions mentioned in the previous post:

1. Samwell Tarly (fighter)

2. Varys (informant)

3. Olyvar Frey (squire)

4. Wyman Manderly (fighter)

5. Qyburn (sorcerer)

6. Shireen Baratheon (right hand "man")

7. Mormont's Raven (team leader)

8. Baelor the Blessed (fighter)

9. Shaggydog (Assassin)

10. Reznak mo Reznak (schemer)

Robert Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Oberyn Martell

Barristan Selmy

Victarion Greyjoy

Jaime Lannister

Brandon Stark

Rhaegar Targaryen

Gregor Clegane

Bronn

...That is, if I were putting together a group of badass warriors that would just crush everyone in their path, those would be the guys.

Guys, guys, guys.

A proper A-Team requires a group of people who each have a very particular and unique set of skills, because to get anything done you don't just need people who are good with a sword, you need people who are skilled at plotting and scheming, commanding other men, stealth and subterfuge, and hey, a bit of magic is always nice too.

My thoughts exactly. Most of the dream teams proposed have just been a collection of BAMFs. If I were hewing true to the original 4-man band theme:

Hannibal: yeah, I can see Tywin. I hadn't really decided who this would be yet. Someone smooth, but commanding.

Face: Der. Jaime Lannister.

BA Baracus: Sandor Clegane

Murdock: Varys (more of the Informant role, but kind of the same purpose)

Here's my A team:

• Daemon Blackfyre
  • Ser Arthur Dayne
  • Ser Barristan Selmy (young)
  • Prince Oberyn Martell
  • Mance Rayder
  • Robert Baratheon (young)
  • Qhorin Halfhand
  • Syrio Forel
  • Greatjon Umber
  • Brynden Tully (young)

I went for the honourable picks. Jaqen, Victarion, Gregor, Sandor, Drogo, Bronn, the Smiling Knight and Jaime are great fighters too but I couldn't trust them so they don't make it.

Ser Garlan Tyrell

Ser Jaime "The Kingslayer" Lannister (with hand)

Ser Arthur Dayne

Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell

Robert Baratheon (Young)

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

Syrio Forel

Ser Barristan "The Bold" Selmy (Young)

Ser Aemon "The Dragonknight" Targaryen

Jaqen H'ghar

Alpha Team:

Team Leader: Daemon Blackfyre

Ser Arthur "the Sword of the Morning" Dayne

Lord Robert Baratheon (Demon of the Trident not King Bob)

Sandor Clegane

Areo Hotah

Prince Aemon "the Dragonknight" Targaryen

Ser Jaime Lannister

Lord Garlan Tyrell

Strong Belwas

The GreatJon Umber

Bravo Team:

Team Leader: Ser Brynden "the Blackfish" Tully

Khal Drogo

Robb "the Young Wolf" Stark (and Grey Wind)

Ser Addam Marbrand

Ser Loras "the Knight of Flower" Tyrell

Ser Aegor "Bittersteel" Rivers

Ser Barristan "the Bold" Selmy

Prince Baelor "Breakspear" Targaryen

Lord Randyll Tarly

Prince Rhaegar Targaryen

Black Ops:

Team Leader: Lord Beric "the Lighting Lord" Dondarrion

Mance Rayder

Prince Oberyn "the Red Viper" Martell

Lord Howland Reed

Jaqen H'gar

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

Ser Jorah Mormont

Syrio Forrel

Anguy the Archer

Qhorin Halfhand

Commander-in-Chief:

King Aegon "the Conquerer" Targaryen (with Balerion the Black Dread)

Seconds-in-Commands:

Lord Eddard Stark

Lord Tywin Lannister

Communications Expert:

Varys

Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers

Medics:

Maester Ebrose "the Healer"

Melisandre "the Red Priestess"

Maester Marwyn "the Mage"

Maester Aemon

Thoros of Myr "the Red Wizard"

I've got to keep it to people alive at the begining of Thrones, because the choices are too overwhelming otherwise...If we are talking strictly in terms of the ten people I want on my back if something bad goes down, it would look something like this:

Four of the spots go to massive, intimidating beasts

-Robert Baratheon-His size and strength coupled with THE FURY

-Sandor Clegane-Offers everything his brother does, but fast and intelligent

-Victarion Greyjoy-Born to kill

-Bronze Royce-Huge, honorable man who just seems like he could handle his shit.

Four spots go to superior swordsman:

-Ser Barristan Selmy (Prime)-Seems like as good as they come, and ballsy.

-Ser Jaime Lannister- The best known living sword remarked how good Jaime was.

-Mance Rayder-Fast, strong, unassuming, confident, cunning.

-Oberyn Martell-Perhaps not a traditional sword hand, but this guy in lethally talented with a number of weapons, and that kind of martial knowledge makes this Dornishman A-Team worthy

Two spots have got to go to WILCARD members of the A-team posse too...People who don't necessarily strike you as badass warriors, but you want them around:

-Howland Reed-Anyone responsible for the death of The Sword of the Morning can join my crew. Whether warging, forest magic, or just poison/netting, Howland is a good guy to have around!

-Varamyr Sixskins-It seems clear to me, it would behoove any A-Team to have a Warg on board, and seeing as Bloodraven is occupied and the Stark kiddos haven't honed their skills yet, Varamyr is an A-Team lock!

The A Team

1. Stannis Baratheon

2. Randyll Tarly

3. Olenna Tyrell

4. Maggy the Frog

5. Sandor Clegane

6. Sansa Stark

7. Ser Selmy the Bold

8. Areo Hotah

9. Asha Greyjoy

10. Brienne of Tarth

Comic A Team