Westeros 10 Man A-Team Choices?

My list is just the guys I'd pick for a ten v ten melee, I'm also only including people alive during the books, although I am assuming peak condition.

Ser Gregor

Sandor Clegane

Ser Jaime Lannister

Ser Barristan

Victarion Greyjoy

Lord Bronn of Stokeworth

Robert Baratheon

Khal Drogo

Mance Rayder

Ser Garlan

In the top one you are missing the Smiling Knight and in the bottom Aemon the Dragonknight

The Smiling Knight would make a good replacement for Simon Toyne but I like house Toyne so he stays. And meh, ALOT of people picked the Dragonknight. He would take Barristan's place as Arms Master but I'm very fond of Barristan.

The Smiling Knight would make a good replacement for Simon Toyne but I like house Toyne so he stays. And meh, ALOT of people picked the Dragonknight. He would take Barristan's place as Arms Master but I'm very fond of Barristan.

The Smiling Knight could take Victorian's place as hes a more renowned fighter and down right crazy so the Van would be a great place for him.

Aemon could take pretty much anyone's place other than Dayne, Aemon (healer) and Bloodraven. I do think outside of Dayne (possibly Barristan) he cuts down anyone on that list with ease.

The Smiling Knight could take Victorian's place as hes a more renowned fighter and down right crazy so the Van would be a great place for him.

Aemon could take pretty much anyone's place other than Dayne, Aemon (healer) and Bloodraven. I do think outside of Dayne (possibly Barristan) he cuts down anyone on that list with ease.

The Smiling Knight would do good in the van but I'd put him in Simon's place simply because Vic might be more effective as a vanguard. Or at least as effective. Though honestly I should switch Victarion and Bittersteel. I put Bittersteel where he is because of his retreat across the sea. He's the man with the exit plan. Running with the Brotherhood, battling in the forests As part of a small fighting force, I'd expect TSK to know a good amount of guerilla tactics. As for the Dragonknight, what you say may be true, but then I also picked characters based on how much I liked them. Aemon has a great deal fans already.

The Smiling Knight would do good in the van but I'd put him in Simon's place simply because Vic might be more effective as a vanguard. Or at least as effective. Though honestly I should switch Victarion and Bittersteel. I put Bittersteel where he is because of his retreat across the sea. He's the man with the exit plan. Running with the Brotherhood, battling in the forests As part of a small fighting force, I'd expect TSK to know a good amount of guerilla tactics. As for the Dragonknight, what you say may be true, but then I also picked characters based on how much I liked them. Aemon has a great deal fans already.

That's fair. Just commenting on your list, it is a good list BTW. Just not as good as mine ;) kidding ha ha

I'm thinking about specific roles:

"Howlin' Mad" Murdoch: I need help with this one. He needs to be a little crazy and have some technical skills. Euron Greyjoy doesn't feel right. He can run a ship though and seems to be the only true navigator around. Maybe he is the best bet.

Maybe Thoros of Myr, he knows something about fire and healing and was pretty crazy at the start of the books.

Ok, having started this page and read all your own opinions, I, Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs, would like to revise my own list.

THE GOOD GUYS-

Commander/Tactician: Robb Stark, The Young Wolf. Never defeated in several battles against armies bigger than his own and in unfamiliar territory, and commands unwavering loyalty from those closest to him (except you, Roose, you SCUM). He's a boss.

Second in Command: Jon Snow. The boy is one of the youngest Lord Commanders of the Night's Watch ever to have been elected, he is a calmer, more restrained, more tactical version of Robb but less regal and more associated with the common man. He could temper Robb's own passionate style of warfare and incorporate a more methodical strategy. The man held out against thirty thousand furious Wildlings and an army of Giants with roughly fifty old men and boys for THREE DAYS.

Medic/Sorceror: Thoros of Myr. I mean, this guy is not only a beast in battle (defeated Sandor Clegane three times in single combat with a flaming sword and has led guerilla strikes at the Lannisters/Freys in the Riverlands for months), but he has resurrected his commander SIX TIMES. He was dead. And then Thoros worked his fiery voodoo mojo. And he was alive.

Smuggler/Driver/Supplier: Davos Seaworth. Every crew needs its trusty "pilot" who can steer them through rough waters and slip past enemy lines. Han Solo from Star Wars, Joker from Mass Effect etc.

Espionage: Varys, "the Spider." He grew up with actors and learnt a variety of disguises, how to lie, how to act, how to change his voice, change his gait and appearance, how to mimic others and improvise. Furthermore, he ecame fabulously wealthy across the Narrow Sea by being a Master Thief, and then commanding his own Spy Network, which grew so famous that he was recruited by Aerys II as his own Master of Whisperers for the realm. He sees all and knows all, is not afraid to get his own hands dirty (he murdered Pycelle and Ser Kevan Lannister in a Keep full of guards and when he was meant to be on the run), and commands a ruthless squad of emo ninja children.

Fighters:

Ser Barristan Selmy- one of the most famed knights ever picked for the Kingsguard in the entire history of the order. A beast. One of the best knights in the realm. Even at the age of fifty, he could cut down the other six of the Kingsguard with ease. He can command effective use of many weapons, including a sword and a hardwood staff.

Khal Drogo- never lost a battle, commanded the unwavering loyalty of a fierce horde of horse-riding warrior rapists. A huge,ferocious-looking man who has never lost a battle or been defeated in single combat, he wears little armour but rides into war on a huge stallion, wielding a sickle. He could nimbly and effortlessly dance around the lumbering heavy Knights of Westeros and slice them to ribbons with his two knives or his cruved Arakh. He's a humongous guy who uses a different but effective style of combat to the typical Westerosi Knights.

Prince Oberyn Martell: The Red Viper of Dorne. I'm going to keep Oberyn. He defeated the Mountain in combat, which many deemed to be impossible. He started his own sellsword company, raised his six daughters to be terrifying arabian ninjas, is deadly and ruthlessly swift with a spear, and a single graze from one of his blades and you could be dead within seconds from the vast array of poisons he brews. He operates on a strong code of honour, and has vowed to avenge his butchered sister and her slain innocent children.

Robert Barratheon: The man will break you. BREAK YOU. A hulking, impossibly strong man, who defeated the famed Prince Rhaegar Targaryen in single combat by caving in his chest with a mighty warhammer. He overthrew a powerful three hundred year old Royal dynasty, on the edge of his terrifying warhammer. He's a King. ROBERT SMASH.

Howland Reed: We have strength from Robert Baratheon and Khal Drogo, we have rapid and terrifying speed from Oberyn Martell, we have excellent swordsmanship from Ser Barristan Selmy- but Lord Howland Reed could command the ethereal powers of Green dreams, Forest Magic, and Warging. As a crannogman, he also tips his blades with a deadly arsenal of deadly venoms. He is highly skilled at wielding a long and vicious-looking Trident, which he wields with a weighted net to eliminate even the best of Knights. Howland Reed defeated Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, and one of the best and most famous of the Kingsguard's noble history. Furthermore, of the six men Ned brought with him to defeat the remaining Kingsguard, only Howland survived. Plus, he can WARG. That's just cool.

THE BAD GUYS-

Commander/Tactician: Tywin Lannister. The man commands ruthless authority, and possess an innate and rock hard authority, which he uses on the battlefield. Tywin refashioned house Lannister, turning it from a moderately weak House that had waned under his kindly father, to the most powerful and wealthy House in Westeros. He was picked as Hand of the King by Aerys at the age of twenty, and effectively ruled the Kingdom in prosperity for two decades. He commands sixty thousand Lannister troops, and crushed House Reyne, of Castamere, when it chose to defy his authority. He's ruthless, and knows when to be honourable, and when to be tactical.

Second in Command: Obviously Ser Kevan Lannister, a less intimidating version of Tywin. He would have consolidated the realm after it had suffered under Cersei's power and Tommen's childish uselessness, but was murdered by Varys.

Medic/Sorceror: Qyburn. A brilliant and gifted Maester of the Citadel, banished from the Order for immersing himself in the dark arts of Necromancy. He resurrected the fearsome Ser Gregor Clegane, so that he became the Headless Knight, Ser Robert Strong- an invincible and undefeatable undead champion of House Lannister. He also derives a wicked pleasure from torturing prisoners with excruciating techniques to wheedle information out of them.

Smuggler/Driver/Supplier: Victarion Greyjoy. Not only a ruthless pirate lord who slaughters dozens of men with an enormous axe as he charges onto enemy ships, but a famed commander of the huge Iron Fleet, and gifted sailor. He could combine savage warfare with skilled naval authority.

Espionage: Littlefinger. Varys' rival in the art of manipulation, secrecy, scheming, and spying. From a lowborn ruler of one of the isles on the Fingers, he became the Master of Coin for the realm, the Lord of Harrenhal, the Lord of the Eyrie, and a man to be feared. Ned Stark left himself defenceless to Littlefinger's plotting, and Ned Stark died. He has proven himself capable of murdering or betraying anyone who stands in his way (the Lady Lysa Arryn of the Vale, Ser Dontos, Prince Joffrey Baratheon, Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell etc.) and enjoys creating chaos for his enemies, simply to exploit it to his own ends. You would want this guy on your team.

The Fighters:

The Mountain: Biggest man in the kingdom. Savage in battle, he commands a terrifying fury. He wears a nearly impenetrable set of several-inch-thick steel plate armour which covers so much of him, and his so heavy, that no one else in the Kingdom could have the strength to wear it. Due to his immense size and strength, he effortlessly and swiftly wields a two-handed greatsword... with one hand. He can cut men in half, and decapitate horses, with a single blow from his huge sword. He has killed Ser Beric Dondarrion no fewer than three times. He is the champion of House Lannister.

Ser Jaime Lannister: The youngest Knight to be elected to the Kingsguard in the history of the order. He is known as one of the most talented swordsmen of the entire world. He's a boss.

The Hound- The Mountain but slightly shorter. However, he is said many times to be capable of defeating the Mountain, as he is more savage, yet also more intelligent and cunning. He also looks terrifying, with half of his face burnt off and his faced contorted in brutal, snarling, animalistic savagery.

Mance Rayder: Although it is debatable as to whether he is a "good guy" or a "bad guy," his skill in battle is unquestionable. Former Ranger of the Night's Watch, Mance then swiftly became King Beyond the Wall of the ferocious Wildling

Daario Naharis: While we have awe-inspiring and terrifying strength from the Mountain, cruelty and savage ruthlessness from the Hound, and an exceedingly gifted swordsman in Ser Jaime Lannister, Daario Naharis brings cunning, slyness and cruelty to a whole new level, while also leading his own terrifying sellsword cavalry company to crush entire legions of Yunkai'i troops and being one of Daenerys Targaryen's chief commanders and fearsome warriors. He defends Meereen against thousands of men, wields two blades with rapid and flawless skill, and has proven himself of great cunning and intelligent political maneuvers, such as when he betrayed the two other leaders of his sellsword company, defeating them in combat and delivering their heads to his new Queen. You'd want this guy. He's Daenerys' boss.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater: Started as a lowborn sellsword with his buddy, Chiggs. Became Commander of King's Landing's legion of Gold Cloaks, Tyrion Lannister's champion, a Knight, and then the Lord of Stokeridge- all through his own devious cunning and talent in killing. He prefers speed and quick slaughter to lumbering around in armour with a shield. He defended Catelyn Stark and Tyrion Lannister from a band of terrifying mountain savages almost single-handed, he defeated the brave Ser Vardis Egen, champion of the Vale, in single combat. He was a candidate to combat the Mountain, but backed out as he believed he had more to gain from refusing. By slaying the Lord of Stokeridge, his sister-in-law's husband, in single combat, he became Lord of Stokeridge. He has begun gathering a few more vicious sellswords to his banner. All in all, the man is a boss.

The real question is who would win if these two teams clashed?

1. Randyll Tarly

2. Robert Baratheon the fat one he is funny

3. TV Renly/Loras they are funny as the token gay couple

4. Sansa Stark

5. Littlefinger

6. Ser Grandfather

7. disgraced Hound

8. TV Salaador Saan the Sex Pirate as my token black guy

9. Roslyn Frey because Robb Stark is too stupid

10. I don't have a name but the hottest of the Sand Snake not named Arriane if she is the hottest.

that my friends will make a great sitcom.

Archived