Is Hot Pie overrated as a baker?

Khal Pono

So who's the best baker in Westeros, guys? Is it Hot Pie, the Manderly's baker, or the Red Keep's baker (the one who makes the lemoncakes)?

What about the baker at Winterfell? Sansa was addicted to the lemoncakes. ;)

Hey, I've always thought Stannis was bound for the Nightfort as the Night King, but you've convinced me. Why include the story of the Rat Cook and have such an incredible baker just hanging around? No, I'm convinced, Hot Pie will be the new Rat Cook and his pies will save the Wall from the Others.

If only Jon had called on him earlier. Marsh and co. would definitely not try to assassinate him because they'd be too full from Hot Pie's cooking. Wall would still be fine.

Nah, the best baker is Drogon. Oh wait, he's a roaster :(

Actually, would he technically be a griller or a BBQer because of the open flames? I always think of roasting as being a slow cooking process and Drogon doesn't strike me as being all that patient.

Well, I suppose, but I think he's an all purpose sort of culinary device. He can roast, grill, or BBQ at his device.

Yes, this is a great point! Drogon would be a handy kitchen device when you need a weekday meal in a hurry. Put everything in a marinade the night before and then stick it in front of Drogon's face just before dinner. Just run away real fast so you don't get roasted in the process.

So who's the best baker in Westeros, guys? Is it Hot Pie, the Manderly's baker, or the Red Keep's baker (the one who makes the lemoncakes)?

IMHO, Hot Pie is a good baker, but he is no where near the best. Drogon is definitely the best in the series! Anyone who denies Drogon's abilities simply didn't comprehend the books, because the proof is evident in the text.

I for one contend that Hot Pie had the best teacher: we know that his mother taught him how to bake pies, we also know that mothers are the best cooks, ergo Hot Pie's mother was the best cook/baker in all of Westeros. End of discussion.

Plus he is so Lord Manderly's hidden bastard (how could it be otherwise? I look forward to the great reveal in TWOW).

IMHO, Hot Pie is a good baker, but he is no where near the best. Drogon is definitely the best in the series! Anyone who denies Drogon's abilities simply didn't comprehend the books, because the proof is evident in the text.

Yeah, but Drogon doesn't do pastry. Best baker of people, maybe, but best pies? I think not.

In which case, Chef Manderley should win as the only living character to bake both people and pies...

Archived