Is Hot Pie overrated as a baker?

Khal Pono

Hot Pie is proabably an excellent baker. With all his nonsense, it is probably the one thing he can do. The funny thing is that he leaves and doesn't want to run with Arya and Genry after awhile. He just wants to stay and bake and not worry anymore about the dangers on the road.

Why do I have a feeling we will see him again, and he will be just trying to mind his own business and bake, and he gets dragged into the war again? If Gendry and Arya meet up I have a feeling we may see Hot Pie again because he is hilarious and readers really like him.

Hot Pie is proabably an excellent baker. With all his nonsense, it is probably the one thing he can do. The funny thing is that he leaves and doesn't want to run with Arya and Genry after awhile. He just wants to stay and bake and not worry anymore about the dangers on the road.

Why do I have a feeling we will see him again, and he will be just trying to mind his own business and bake, and he gets dragged into the war again? If Gendry and Arya meet up I have a feeling we may see Hot Pie again because he is hilarious and readers really like him.

But we do see him again in King's Landing, selling Hot Pies during Cersei's Walk of Shame.

Has anyone else noticed that cooking appears to be a theme for betrayal, Pidgeon Pie and Joff, The Frey Pie, the Red Wedding feast. It's obvious that hot pie is honing his skills so that he can turn around this association by defeating the others, by feeding them a pie that will make them eternally warm, and thus no longer have the need to attack Westeros!

In case you you don't believe my credentials, my grandfather was a baker, my father worked in a bakery before university, my best friend at school was the son of a baker who owned our local bakery, which I visited many times. My girlfriend has also held the role of a cookery teacher and I myself have widely read around the topic.

On top of this obviously iron clad argument I would like to finally add that I love hot pie and therefore this has to happen.

I rest my case, and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!

Has anyone else noticed that cooking appears to be a theme for betrayal, Pidgeon Pie and Joff, The Frey Pie, the Red Wedding feast. It's obvious that hot pie is honing his skills so that he can turn around this association by defeating the others, by feeding them a pie that will make them eternally warm, and thus no longer have the need to attack Westeros!

In case you you don't believe my credentials, my grandfather was a baker, my father worked in a bakery before university, my best friend at school was the son of a baker who owned our local bakery, which I visited many times. My girlfriend has also held the role of a cookery teacher and I myself have widely read around the topic.

On top of this obviously iron clad argument I would like to finally add that I love hot pie and therefore this has to happen.

I rest my case, and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating!

Close, he's going to become the Faceless Pie (or, if you will, the Hot Man), who we all know are in league with the GO. Also, your credentials are irrelevant considering you don't live/work/bake/laugh/&love in Medieval Europe.

Close, he's going to become the Faceless Pie (or, if you will, the Hot Man), who we all know are in league with the GO. Also, your credentials are irrelevant considering you don't live/work/bake/laugh/&love in Medieval Europe.

Surely it would be the Crustless Pie? Or the Lidless Pie - which would make him, in fact, a Tart.

Where do whores go...

When the blood of kings runs in the streets, Hot Pie will sop it up and make blood pudding. He is the alpha baker of the new world order and in the last chapter of this series he's the one who'll be serving up hot pies to the remaining Starks as they gather round their new banquet table in the throne room ala The Last Supper painting. It is noan.

Ah, but I have also visited many castles, medieval fares, grand houses and other relevant historic events to admire kitchens and also attend baking lectures, constructed and based on texts from the time.

Lol at the faceless pie.

I'm pretty sure Hot Pie at some point will be shown as the reincarnation of the Baker, hereby becoming High Septon and ending the Faith's problems in feeding the devout masses. With an army of zealots at his fingertips, he will be the single greatest player by the end of tWoW.

I believe that Hot Pie's significance to ASOIF will become apparent in the next two books. After all, it is foretold:

""There will come a dinner after a day toiling in the field when the stomach grumbles and the cold breath of hunger makes even the mildest mannered tetchy and irritable. In this dread hour a great hero shall draw from the oven a sumptuous shortcrust pastry. And that pastry shall be the Steak and Ale pie, the baked good of heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Hot Pie, and the hunger shall flee before him.""

Archived