Saddest moment involving minor characters?

Rolex Baratheon

Hands down Podric Payne!!!

After reading the fifth I know he still might be alive, but when I first read that chapter in aFfC I was more sad than the RW and "Bran and Rickon" combined!

I loved Podric's character so much for some reason... Just the idea of being a shy, softspoken and unnoticed boy, but being a complete beast and badass in battle! It's such an admiring trait I think.

Mycah the butcher's boy. His death was the first clue that the world we're reading about is as bad as the one we live in. He only wanted to play at being a knight with Arya and as a result he got ridden over and sliced in half by the Hound. :/ F*ck the Lannisters and f*ck everyone who ever followed them.

The deaths of Elia & her children:

"Rhaenys was a child too. Prince Rhaegar’s daughter. A precious little thing, younger than your girls. She had a small black kitten she called Balerion, did you know? I always wondered what happened to him. Rhaenys liked to pretend he was the true Balerion, the Black Dread of old, but I imagine the Lannisters taught her the difference between a kitten and a dragon quick enough, the day they broke down her door."

Yoren, Mormont, Maester Aemon & Luwin, the millers boys and their mother, Lollys (but hey at least she has Bronn now right?) and Jeyne Poole.... and that other girl that got raped a bunch of times during the sack of Winterfell.

Also the death of Dick Crabb.... he just wanted to help Brienne all along but she wouldn't allow herself to trust him.

Archived