So Spake Martin Update

Westeros

George R.R. Martin may be wrapping up his visit to Spain in the next day or so, but he has been busy with interviews and press conferences and Q&A’s. We’ve been collecting them over at the So Spake Martin collection, but we do have too make a particular note about this interview—translated from the Spanish, and sent to us by Jon Nieve of the leading Spanish fan site for A Song of Ice Fire, Asshai.com. It’s heavy on spoilers for A Dance with Dragons, and it touches on quite a few topics that hardcore fans will doubtless find very, very interesting indeed.Many thanks to Jon and the fans at Asshai for coming up with these great questions and for letting us share the article at the SSM collection!

Visit the Site!

I can't believe how thrilled I was to read this

Arthur Dayne has been presented as the quintessential chivalrous knight. How could he support the atrocities of Aerys, that even Jaime was horrified by?

Well... keep reading.

We readers who are interested in how the past shaped and intertwines with the present find this comment to be very good confirmation of our hopes for the future novels.

What do you make of the comment that Melisandre "has gone to Stannis entirely on her own, and has her own agenda." Is he affirming the first answer presented to him, or is he saying that Melisandre didn't come because of a vision?

Edit: Never mind. I Found the discussion-thread.

I can't believe how thrilled I was to read this

Arthur Dayne has been presented as the quintessential chivalrous knight. How could he support the atrocities of Aerys, that even Jaime was horrified by?

Well... keep reading.

We readers who are interested in how the past shaped and intertwines with the present find this comment to be very good confirmation of our hopes for the future novels.

Yup, great stuff, can't wait for this!

His answers in that interview have nuked hundreds of speculation threads in the General Forum

T

he Targaryens saved themselves from the Doom of Valyria by going to Dragonstone with their dragons. But there are other Valyrian descendants in other places that don't seem to have dragons. Were the Targaryens the only ones?

Yes. It's safe to say that the Targaryens were the only nobles with dragons who escaped the destruction of Valyria,.

This was hands down his best interview in ages :bowdown: :bowdown: I cannot be the only fan who was tired of reading the same rehashed questions time and again, with maybe something different thrown in to spice things up. My goodness, this is the same thrill I get reading a David Simon interview :drool: (yeah, I get thrills reading interviews, so be it)I hope there are many more to come in the future. Kudos to the interviewer.

This was hands down his best interview in ages :bowdown: :bowdown: I cannot be the only fan who was tired of reading the same rehashed questions time and again, with maybe something different thrown in to spice things up. My goodness, this is the same thrill I get reading a David Simon interview :drool: (yeah, I get thrills reading interviews, so be it)I hope there are many more to come in the future. Kudos to the interviewer.

I agree 1,000%

Archived