How would you take over Westeros?

dr.storm

There are two things you need

1 - A legitimate claim. People argue about what a legitimate claim is exactly but in the books you need to be a Baratheon or a Targaryen.

2 - Powerful allies. The two most powerful are the Tyrell's and the Lannister's. The Stark's are also up there, but can raise fewer swords than the Tyrells and are poorer than the Lannisters. What I am getting at here is that one kingdom is not enough to hold the others in check. Jon Arryn had the right idea. He formed a coalition consisting of Stark/Baratheon/Arryn/Tully/Lannister through marriage. That would have been enough but Jon Arryn didnt count on Cersei being a complete basket case.

There are two things you need

1 - A legitimate claim. People argue about what a legitimate claim is exactly but in the books you need to be a Baratheon or a Targaryen.

2 - Powerful allies. The two most powerful are the Tyrell's and the Lannister's. The Stark's are also up there, but can raise fewer swords than the Tyrells and are poorer than the Lannisters. What I am getting at here is that one kingdom is not enough to hold the others in check. Jon Arryn had the right idea. He formed a coalition consisting of Stark/Baratheon/Arryn/Tully/Lannister through marriage. That would have been enough but Jon Arryn didnt count on Cersei being a complete basket case.

Yea, Cersei kind of ruined everything. A Baratheon-Lannister dynasty that married a Stark-Tully girl would have been an excellent thing for the realm.

Yea, Cersei kind of ruined everything. A Baratheon-Lannister dynasty that married a Stark-Tully girl would have been an excellent thing for the realm.

It would have guarenteed the loyalty of Lannister, Stark and Tully bannermen. And honestly who is to say that a true Baratheon born of Robert would not have charmed the Stormlands the way his father had, the Stormalnds chose Renly because they loved him and hated Joffrey. But if they loved Eddard I (Come on Robert, Ned and Jon named their kids after you, return the favour!) they may have stayed loyal, leaving Renly with just the Tyrells and possibly Dornish. I like those odds.

It would have guarenteed the loyalty of Lannister, Stark and Tully bannermen. And honestly who is to say that a true Baratheon born of Robert would not have charmed the Stormlands the way his father had, the Stormalnds chose Renly because they loved him and hated Joffrey. But if they loved Eddard I (Come on Robert, Ned and Jon named their kids after you, return the favour!) they may have stayed loyal, leaving Renly with just the Tyrells and possibly Dornish. I like those odds.

I doubt Renly declares if Joffrey isn't an evil little shit and Stannis isn't so unlikable.

I would choose Robb. Then send mom back to Winterfell, wait a LONG ass time for marriage. Bang some whores with my good friend Theon. And liter the South the with Lannister dead.

As good a plan as any.

I doubt Renly declares if Joffrey isn't an evil little shit and Stannis isn't so unlikable.

Its up for debate. Renly was an egomaniac and legitimatey thought he would be a better king than all of them because he was liked. Maybe he still would have declared just because he thought so much of himself and the Tyrells kept supporting him and whispering in his ear.

I would choose Robb. Then send mom back to Winterfell, wait a LONG ass time for marriage. Bang some whores with my good friend Theon. And liter the South the with Lannister dead.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And Robb does just that, the young wolf ALL DAY.

Its up for debate. Renly was an egomaniac and legitimatey thought he would be a better king than all of them because he was liked. Maybe he still would have declared just because he thought so much of himself and the Tyrells kept supporting him and whispering in his ear.

then why go to Ned and tell him to secure Joffrey?

then why go to Ned and tell him to secure Joffrey?

It serves his purpose. He wanted Joffrey in custody with him ruling, Ned was something to help that happen. I picture a scenario like the one Barristan had after Dany left Mereen but instead of a council Renly wanted it to be mostly him. He loved the attention, what better attention than to have Joffrey confined while he rules and the commons faun over their handsome Renly.

Archived