How would you take over Westeros?

dr.storm

It serves his purpose. He wanted Joffrey in custody with him ruling, Ned was something to help that happen. I picture a scenario like the one Barristan had after Dany left Mereen but instead of a council Renly wanted it to be mostly him. He loved the attention, what better attention than to have Joffrey confined while he rules and the commons faun over their handsome Renly.

but it was to keep Ned as Lord Protector. Renly wanted Arianne's job in sunspear, hosting feasts and such in the name of his nephew. It would have been more along the lines of

King Joffrey Baratheon

Hand of the King, Protector of the Realm Eddard Stark

Master of Laws and Tournaments and Feasts Renly Baratheon

LC of the KG Barristan Selmy

Master of Coin Littlefinger

Grand Maester Pycelle

Master of Ships Ned appoints a Tyrell bannerman or Lannister

Master of Secrets Varys

That's not a bad ruling council if everyone's focused on doing their jobs. Then hopefully someone still poisons Joffrey and they get to rule with King Tommen as well.

First I would go to a world where there are thousands of dragons, and riders learn how to ride, and train these dragons come back with; not three, not six , not nine but ten. Look Tywin dead in the eyes, and say but you son of a b**** burn. Everyone else neal or die begin evil laugh

but it was to keep Ned as Lord Protector. Renly wanted Arianne's job in sunspear, hosting feasts and such in the name of his nephew. It would have been more along the lines of

King Joffrey Baratheon

Hand of the King, Protector of the Realm Eddard Stark

Master of Laws and Tournaments and Feasts Renly Baratheon

LC of the KG Barristan Selmy

Master of Coin Littlefinger

Grand Maester Pycelle

Master of Ships Ned appoints a Tyrell bannerman or Lannister

Master of Secrets Varys

That's not a bad ruling council if everyone's focused on doing their jobs. Then hopefully someone still poisons Joffrey and they get to rule with King Tommen as well.

And you have hit the nail on the head, "if everyone is focused on doing their jobs". Renly liked the idea of being king and the idea of ruling, but he never cared about what that actually meant. He wanted power but never cared about what that meant, to him all it entailed was tourneys and feasts and attention. This is the reason it confuses me when people say Renly would have been a better king than Stannis, when Stannis actually knew what ruling meant.

I dont think Renly was thinking like you are where he is only interested in feasts. I think Renly honestly believed, the way Cersei honestly believed, that he would be the best at ruling the Kingdoms, whether that be as king or with Joffrey as a puppet. I suppose I shouldnt be confused or angry about it, Renly was tall, handsome and had friends flocking to him. That has turned many people into an egomaniac with their head up their ass.

I would choose House Tyrell. I would like marry Margaery to Renly and Wyllas to Shireen, therefore doubling my chances, but that Butterwell guy showed that fight in both sides doesn't work, so I'd simply pick Stannis- give him the command of, what, 70,000 men and the Redwyne Fleet and he'll do just fine. Supporting him also eliminates any chance of the Florents getting the Reach.

Renly would be forced to bend the knee or get killed the first serious battle he fights, so he's not an issue.

After Stannis wins the throne, I'd get rid of him, maybe hiring a Faceless Man. Wyllas marries Shireen, and their son takes the Tyrell as his last name, as in Baratheon-Tyrell (who'd challenge him), and becomes the ruler of both the Reach and the Iron Throne, making sure he'd always have the support of the most populous area in the Seven Kingdoms.

As for me, I'd become the grey eminence ruling from behind the scenes.

Question largely depends on when it happens and who you are.

If I'm Robb, I reject "King In The North" (for now), and when/if Stannis whacks Renly, I secure the Tyrells allegiance and marry Margaery Tyrell.

I send an envoy to Dorne (possibly Theon) with Jaime Lannister in chains, and "say, he's yours, enjoy. Just remember to keep him alive". Maybe Theon proposes marriage to Arianne Martell, with promises to make Dorne a sea power.

I send mom to work and work on the Vale until they join the war. Bring their nobles in one by one, starting with the Royces and Corbrays.

Then I give Stannis an ultimatum he would understand:

Join with the North, the Riverlands, Vale, Dorne, Highgarden, and Iron Islands in the war against Lannisters, and rescue Sansa and Arya alive, and make Tywin Lannister pay for his crimes in the Riverlands - "if you do that, you have proved yourself worthy of being my king". If not, I can be king myself. Next thing you know, a certain Onion Knight spirits Sansa out of the King's landing to safety. Once Sansa is freed and safe (Arya still unaccounted for I assume; if we find her too, all the better). The deal is also that I become Hand of the King, and the armies of the North my worship as they see fit.

King Stannis and Tywin hammer the crap out of each other in the Riverlands, and with the north's help, Tywin defeated. Then the war proceeds to Kings Landing, and to the Westerlands where Dorne and the Iron Islands savagely punish all things Lannister. The Lannisters are crushed. Cersei burns at the stake, along with Jaime and Joffrey. Tyrion is sent to the wall. Tommen and Myrcella are given as wards to Dorne and the Vale respectively (assuming Dorne has not killed them).

Loras meanwhile has been waiting until war's end, and accuses Stannis of Renly's murder and challenges him to trial by combat. If Stannis wins, he is truly king. If he loses, well... he has no heirs, save for one daughter with greyscale. (Some kid named Gendry can be legitimized and named in his place as lord of the Stormlands. If we've found Arya by then, she can perhaps marry him.) If Stannis is dead, then I make sure that I take his place on the Iron Throne.

( And when Varys surprises everyone by bringing a certain mother of dragons over the sea, well... Dany, meet Jon Stark, my brother.)

The Renly way was the smart way to go. The Reach and the Stormlands are a big advantage to have. That many troops would allow you to divide and conquer without leaving you truly weaken in terms of numbers.

• First, I would said word to Dorne to see if I could work out an alliance, promising them: Tywin Lannister, the Mountain, and Amory Lorch(dead or alive it doesn't matter to me what they choose to do with them). This is not a necessity but would benefit me in the long run.
  • I would contact the Iron Islands with an offer as well, but this is also not a necessity, because if they refuse I'll just smash them afterwards.
  • I would send a good portion of the the Redwyne Fleet to Essos to hire Sellswords and Unsullied to gather in Maidenpool after Randyll Tarly secures it for me.
  • A large force of 30,000 men under the command of Lord Randyll Tarly would head into the Riverlands with multiple tasks to handle. 1.) Sending Ser Robar Royce with a small force of 200 men to the Vale to ask his father and the Knights of the Vale to join my cause. 2.) Send Ser Bonifer Hasty, his Holy Hundred, and 1500 men to Robb Stark to see if I could persuade him into an alliance with me. I think by presenting him with possible reinforcements to asset him in his cause he would be willing to work something out. 3.) If Robb agrees to my offer one of the conditions of the alliance would be Harrenhal being in my control(under the assumption that Tywin has either left to KL or CR and Roose is in there), doing so would allow Roose the remaining Northern force to gather back up with Robb and Ser Bonifer to take the Westerlands. Lord Bryce Caron with a force of 1500 would head for Harrenhal to take control of it and await for reinforcements to arrive. 4.) Lord Tarly takes the remaining force of 26,000+ men to secure Maidenpool and await word from Ser Robar and for the Redwyne Fleet to deliver the Sellswords(hopefully conceiting of two or more of: the Second Sons, the Long Lances, and/or the Golden Company) and Unsullied. 5.) The Unsullied and a force of 300 men lead by Ser Guyard Morrigen head to Harrenhal to reinforce the troops station there, and . 6.) With the arrival of the Sellswords and hopefully the Vale, Lord Tarly shall leave a holding force of hopefully half his troops and half men of the Vale at Maidenpool with the portion of the Redwyne Fleet nearby and march to KL taking Duskendale, Rosby, and Stokeworth--by force or surrender--on his way.
  • The majority of the Redwyne Fleet that didn't go to Essos will take control of Blackwater Bay cutting off KL and stranding Stannis on Dragonstone with the remainder of the Fleet patrolling the Shield Islands up to Highgarden protecting my home area.
  • If I was successful in getting an alliance with Dorne the troops they send(assuming Oberyn is their leader) will march to wherever Tywin has retreated ensuring that they at least get him. (it would be a little poetic if he retreated to KL and Oberyn got to march into the Red Keep and beat his head in)
  • After Randyll Tarly has made it through the Crownlands, I would meet back up with him--by way of the Gold Road to confuse the city's defenses--outside the city with a wagon train of food to be put on display to help stir up the common people(and hopefully the Gold Cloaks) and helpfully cause a riot inside KL.
  • I should be able to cause the rioters to force open a gate and allow my forces access to KL, forcing the Lannisters into the Red Keep putting them in a difficult position and giving me a hugh advantage over them and basically giving me control of the Seven Kingdoms.
  • After KL is in my control I would leave it in the hands of Randyll Tarly as acting Master of Laws with a sufficient amount of troops under his control. I would take the Sellswords with me keeping them from being bought by the Lannisters, or causing more problems then needed in KL.
  • I would then send a portion of my force under the command of Ser Garlan Tyrell to Casterly Rock to relieve the Northernmen, and allow them to march north(if the Ironborn refused my offer and still invaded the North) with the Knights of the Vale to aid him if needed.
  • By that time the remaining Lannisters will be weaken and surrender in KL. Lord Tarly will take them prisoner and await my return to deal with them myself.
  • Then, I shall turn my focus on Dragonstone and dealing with Stannis. I'd send word to him, telling him that if he surrendered, I'd grant him a better castle to be Lord over such as King's Landing--unless Renly wants to give up Storm's End to him--, for I will be choosing I different location for which to rule the Realm from. Most liking I'll stay in Highgarden with my bride as I decide where I will rule from. I don't like KL so I don't want it as my ruling seat.
  • If Stannis is too much of a blockhead I'll just smash him on Dragonstone since they have been until blockage for sometime now they will find it hard to fight back.
  • With the south of Westeros behind me I would focus on getting everything taken care of while Robb deals with the Ironborn in the North. Such as, paying the Sellswords--with Lannister gold--and return them to Essos, unless they are from exiled Houses then I'd deal with that as well. I would keep the Unsullied and maybe even send someone to the Slaver's Bay to "purchase" more to free them and use them as an Imperial Guard/City Watch of sorts. I know it is frowned in Westeros but I would think since Patchface was a slave at some point buying and freeing in Essos then bringing them to Westeros is "legal"
  • After I have settled everything in the south I would turn my focus to the North and march to the Twins. I would send a raven or an Ambassador to ask Robb to meet me there to discuss treats and hopefully win him back into the the Seven Kingdoms. With Sansa as a bargaining chip I should be able to get him to put aside his crown. If not then I don't have to worry about the neck as a defensive position this far south.
  • After I deal with Stannis and the Robb in the North I turn my attention to the Iron Islands and easing them from the map. If any choose to surrender I will be willing to allow it but mostly likely they won't so I will make it a sequel to the first Greyjoy Rebellion and how that event transpired.
  • With the Ironborn taken care of and myself in place as the ruler I will take care of POWs and the Lannisters, Tywin(the mountain and Amory lorch if still alive) will be taken south by the Dornish to pay for the alliance, if Jaime is alive and capable he will be relinquished of him place in the KG and sent to work off his crimes in the North at Winterfell, then when he has done that he will become the personal guard of him brother Tyrion, the new Lord of Casterly Rock. Cersei will be exiled to Essos to hopefully be taken by a horde of Dothraki and made into a slave. As for the children I will have Myrcella and Tommen sent to Casterly Rock to live with Tyrion for they are young and were not the cause of all this. As for Joffrey, if he isn't dead already, he will be either killed, exiled with his Mother, or sent to The Wall(whichever my advisors think is best).
  • People such as Janos Slynt, Boros Blunt, and Meryn Trant will be sent to the Wall to serve there if they weren't killed in the riots. The Wall needs all the help they can get.
  • I would then build my KG out of Knights that have served me well through out the war, as well as create my Council. After taking care of new seat for Lords and Knights that stood out in the war such as Randyll Tarly receiving a larger castle to be lord over if he chooses maybe one in Westerlands or Brightwater Keep. Ser Garlan will receive a Keep as well(probably whichever Tarly doesn't take).
  • If the Night's Watch calls for aid I will asset them in their need with supplies and men for I will try to restriction the terms of service on the Wall to more of a prison like system where it is not a life service.
  • And when the Others come...well then my watch begins.

The Renly way was the smart way to go. The Reach and the Stormlands are a big advantage to have.

• I would maybe work out an alliance with Dorne promising them: Tywin Lannister, the Mountain, and Amory Lorch(dead or alive it doesn't matter to me what they choose to do with them).
  • I would contact the Iron Islands to offer an alliance but its not a big deal if they refuse I'll just smash them afterwards.
  • I would send a good portion of the the Redwyne Fleet to Essos to hire Sellswords and Unsullied to gather in Maidenpool after Randyll Tarly secures it for me.
  • I would then have Ser Robar Royce go to ask his father and the Knights of the Vale to join my cause as well as Ser Bonifer Hasty and the Holy Hundred(and some additional troops) to Robb Stark to see if I could persuade into an alliance with me by having presented him with possible reinforcements to asset him in his cause.
  • If Robb agrees to my offer one of the conditions being for my troops to take control of Harrenhal(under the assumption that Tywin has either left to KL or CR and Roose is in there) then having the Unsullied meet up with that group to strengthen my army stationed there allowing Roose and the majority of what was left of the North's foot soldiers to gather back up with Robb's Cavalry and Ser Bonifer to take the Westerlands.
  • Randyll Tarly, his force, the Sellswords(hopefully conceiting of two or more of: the Second Sons, the Golden Company, or the Long Lances) and hopefully the Vale will march to KL taking Duskendale, Rosby, and Stokeworth(by force or surrender) on his way there.
  • The majority of the Redwyne Fleet that didn't go to Essos will take control of Blackwater Bay cutting off KL and stranding Stannis on Dragonstone will the remainder of the Fleet patrolling the Shield Islands up to Highgarden protecting my home area.
  • If I was successful in getting an alliance with Dorne the troops they send(assuming Oberyn is their leader) will march to wherever Tywin has retreated ensuring that they at least get him. (it would be a little poetic if he retreated to KL and Oberyn got to march into the Red Keep and beat his head in)
  • After Randyll Tarly has made it to KL I would meet back up with him(by way of the Gold Road to confuse the castle's defenses) outside the city and a wagon train of food to be put on display to help stir up the common people(and hopefully the Gold Cloaks) and helpfully cause a riot inside KL.
  • I should be able to cause the rioters to force open a gate and allow my forces access to KL, forcing the Lannisters into the Red Keep putting them in a difficult position and giving me a hugh advantage over them and basically giving me control of the Seven Kingdoms.
  • After KL is on my control I would leave it in the hands of Randyll Tarly as acting Master of Laws will troops of the Reach and Stormlands under his control taking the Sellswords will me keeping them from being bought by the Lannisters.
  • I would then send a portion of my force to under the command of Garlan Tyrell to Casterly Rock to relieve the Northernmen to march north(if the Ironborn refused my offer and still invaded the North) with the Knights of the Vale to aid him.
  • By that time the remaining Lannisters will be weaken and surrender in KL. Randyll Tarly will take them prisoner and await my return to deal with them myself.
  • then I turn my focus on Dragonstone and dealing with Stannis. I'll grant him a better castle to be Lord over such as King's Landing(unless Renly wants to give up Storm's End to him) for I will be choosing I different location for which to rule my Kingdoms from. Most liking I'll stay in Highgarden with my bride as I decide where I will rule from. I dont like KL so I don't want it as my ruling seat.
  • If Stannis is too much of a blockhead I'll just smash him on Dragostone since they have been until blockage for sometime now they will find it hard to fight back.
  • With the south of Westeros behind me I would focus on getting everything taken care of while Robb deals with the IronBorn in the North. Pay the Sellswords(with Lannister gold) and return them to Essos, but I would keep the Unsullied and maybe enough send for more to free them and use them as an Imperial Guard of sorts.
  • After I have settled everything in the south I would turn my focus to the North and march to the Twins and send a raven or an Ambassador to ask Robb to meet meet there to discuss treats and hopefully win him back into the the Seven Kingdoms. With Sansa as a bargaining chip I should be able to get him to put aside his crown. If not then I don't have to worry about the neck as a defensive position this far south.
  • After I deal with Stannis and the Robb in the North I turn my attention to the Iron Islands and easing them from the map. If any choose to surrender I will be willing to allow it but mostly likely they won't so I will make it a sequel to the first Greyjoy Rebellion and how that event transpired.
  • With the Ironborn taken care of and myself in place as the ruler I will take care of POWs and the Lannisters, Tywin(the mountain and Amory lorch if still alive) will be taken south by the Dornish to pay for the alliance, if Jaime is alive and capable he will be relinquished of him place in the KG and sent to work off his crimes in the North then when he has done that he will become the personal guard of him brother Tyrion, the new Lord of Casterly Rock, Cersei will be exiled to Essos to hopefully be taken by a horde of Dothraki and made into a slave. As for the children I will have Myrcella and Tommen will be sent to Casterly Rock to live will Tyrion for they are young and were not the cause of all this, but Joffrey if he hasn't dead already will be either killed for sent to the wall(whichever my advisors think is best).
  • People such as Janos Slynt, Boros Blunt, and Meryn Trant will be sent to the Wall to serve there if they weren't killed in the riots. The Wall needs all the help they can get.
  • I would then build my KG out of Knights that have served me well through out the war as well as create my Council, after taking care of new seat for Lords and Knights that stood out in the war such as Randyll Tarly receving a larger castle to be lord over if he chooses maybe one in Westerlands or Brightwater Keep. Ser Garlan will receive a Keep as well(probably whichever Tarly doesn't take).
  • If the Night's Watch calls for aid I will asset them in their need with supplies and men for I will try to resturction the terms of serivce on the Wall to more of a prison like system where it is not a life service.
  • And when the Others come...well then my watch begins.

Text is like reading a shampoo bottle on the shitter....up it.

Attack during winter. Import some snow shoes from Canada and outfit an army with them. Distribute magical body warmers to everyone, like that candle only meant to be worn against the skin. For food, bring a wagon containing a limitless supply of those cheap soup noodles college kids eat. And you're unstoppable. No one in Westeros will have the ability to respond. You'll take their lands and they'll be like "But it's Winter!"

All the westeros will realize "unity is strength" when the Others and wights attack humans. Dany will probably dies. A true queen sacrifices for her people. Westeros will scatter into free lands after the final battle and they will appoint 7 rulers council to rule peacefully.

I wouldn't attack immediately. It wouldn't matter which realm I had. Firstly I'd start to redistribute the wealth so that the common folk could gain an education, better healthcare and the realm became more of a meritocracy. I'd use the extra tax revenue from wealth redistribution to fund research to create a technological gap. Other ideas would depend on which realm I was controlling as to how exactly I would make the economy more efficient. Only problem is I'd possibly have bannermen getting angry as I would be lowering their wealth, so I'd probably have to centralise the army first. I'd also stay as neutral as possible from the war, as war is not good for any country and they will be causing recession with the disruption of trade. Probably the best areas for these policies are Dorne and Dragonstone who are more easily defendable and have nice abilities to trade with Essos, which can suppliment the loss of trade from the warring kingdoms.

I'd probably die before the policies started to make my area significantly stronger than the others that I could steamroll them with better tech and more money. In all honesty though I think it wouldn't be that good an idea to take the whole of the world. I would like to be king to spread my policies all over the continent, but I think that most of the great lords would not like the wealth redistribution (even though in my lifetime I wouldn't be able to flatten it anywhere near my idea and the lords would still be ridiclously wealthy. It's also questionable how much I could live out my own ideals while still keeping faith with my Bannermen.

In conclusion the main advantages to the strategy are these:

My making my bannermen poorer they are unable to hold vast standing armies and thus I can centralise the military power, which also means that we don't have wars between bannermen or rebellion, both of which are bad for business and for the vast majority of the realm.

Education, health, merit etc for the commonfolk means more competitive industries, better technological innovation, etc.

Improved infrastructure, better trade, easier migration for jobs, faster troop movement in my country.

Creation of a reasonable fleet as, as a lot of my trade plans involve Essos so I'll need to start to destroy piracy. This can be funded with the reduced standing army (just need to defend which is easier so needs less standing army).

Foundation of a university/ies which will hopefully eventually replace the Maesters as the leading source of intelligence in the world. We need technological advantage to eventually take the continent and to fuel our economic advantage over the other countries.

A decent set of banks, as we don't want to be reliant on the Iron bank. This also allows us to make money out of the bad management of the other realms. This will also allow us to invest in our local economy.

I suggest a diplomatic takeover of the other realms, as war is not good for anyone. This can probably be achieved after 10 to 20 years when hopefully the new policies for education will start to give us an economic advantage over the other realms. Hopefully this will make the common folk of the other lands want my rule over their own corrupt lords.

If I were Ned Stark, I'd have used some of the wood the north has in abundance, and some of the sailors Wyman claims to have so many of to build a fleet to guard the western coast. Before GoT. Not let the bloody Greyjoys dominate the western seas. Then, when Tywin decides to terrorize the Riverlands, take Lannisport from the sea.

If I were the Prince of Dorne...

I let the Northmen and others fight the Lannisters, pretending to be as uninvo;lved. I'd be calling my banners, but keeping my own troops back.

I'd send 100 of my best poisoners into King's Landing and into the Lannisters' ranks at the same time as I call my banners. Once they have infiltrated, I would use them to kill the best of the Lannsiters' lords, knights, and other major supporters. Among those I target would be the Kingsguard itself (not the royal family). What I aim to destroy is their best quality bannermen; the unstable nutters, cravens, and idiots I would also leave alone. The strikes would take place as close to the same time as can be arranged, for maximum surprise.

As the chaos begins, I would steal Sansa Stark from King's landing. What is left of the Kingsguard (if any) will be too busy protecting the likes of Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin (major Lannisters). The ones who steal her have orders to kill her if they cannot escape with her, but make it seem like she was killed by the Lannsiters. (If she dies, this will negate the hostage issue for the north, and Jaime Lannister will be killed, but not by us.) However, if they successfully being her back to Dorne, I inform the North they can have her in exchange for a secret pact - she remains as a ward in Dorne, until Jaime Lannister is delivered to Dorne.

I feign help to whatever side is necessary to prolong the conflict.

The North can continue to destroy the Lannisters in the field, or at least hold them off.

If either Stannis or Renly triumph at King's Landing, I then side with the Northmen, for independence of both Dorne and the North. If Balon Greyjoy has not pulled his bonehead move yet, then I make sure to include the Iron Islands in this grand alliance which will break Westeros into three kingdoms. That may include inducing the Ironborn to sack / annihilate Lannisport - i.e. "kill anything that cannot be stolen, burn everything that cannot be killed". (truthfully, even if doing this to the Lannisters' homeland does not actually help my cause or hurt the Lannisters and worse, I make it happen anyway.)

While all this has been going on, I've concocted some reason to send Oberyn to Danaerys Targaryen's side, with the proposal of marriage to Quentyn. Luckily it is Oberyn going, so he will be intelligent and charming, and with his personal voiching for the (now defunct marriage pact between Viserys and Arianne), he will be very convincing. Also it will help that any other potential suitors suddenly die of "head-fell-off" syndrome. (Good cover story - it is often fatal. Har!)

The Dragon Queen returns. She marries my boy. Arianne maybe gets to rule Dorne, or perhap she marries Robb Stark or Edmure Tully, or even that funny Theon Greyjoy fellow. Whatever - the important thing is, I get to finally abdicate rule over Dorne and die of gout. Hurrray !

I'd use the biological weapon of my time : Shireen and Jon Connington aka Greyscale in a Bottle

Maybe spice it up with a ton of wildfire, some Wildling hordes, maybe a couple of Dothraaki hordes if you can trick them into getting on a goddamn boat, any other hordes if I haven't already picked them all.

Get the Faceless Men to kill a bunch of tough cookies for me. In exchange I'd give them my most precious possession, but the trick is, I'd LIE TO THEM and tell them that my most precious possessions are Grand Maester Pycelle (sounds like a KKK member), Willas Tyrell, Hot Pie, and Darkstar.

My ace in the hole would be 70,000 dragons being warged by Bran and scrubbed down in the stables each night by the allstar stable boy, Hodor.

Duh.

I would be Petyr Baelish. I would look at the map of Westeros, and determine which Houses are powerful enough to stop me and traditional enough to care. I make sure to start a war between these houses that will kill off their members and deplete their resources. I look for proud, but poor lords, and buy up their debts, making them in thrall to my will in many ways, but as they get to know me, I make sure they grow to like me by being extremely witty and charming. I marry the widowed Lady of a Great House, whether Stark or Arryn it matters not, since I killed the Lord of the House and all of their potential male heirs are dead as well. I figure I may as well unite the two houses, with young people under my control so I kidnap Sansa Stark and marry her to the heir of the Vale (whether I am married to Lysa or Catelyn it still works!). In the meantime, I've made sure to collect the title of Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, giving me control of 3 of the seven kingdoms. Then, I do nothing, merely sit and wait for the chance at a next move. Maybe I go for the Stormlands next? Surely, with Renly dead and Stannis attainted, the Stormlands need a Lord Paramount? I am sure I can procure a list of PLENTY of people that the Iron Throne ought to find perfectly suitable for the job! Of course, he's a very good friend of mine and he also happens to be in my debt and maybe I am raising his son as my ward. 4 of the 7 (well, 8). Meanwhile, the Ironborn are weakening the Tyrells for me, which is excellent, as I am allied with them and cannot afford to attack them myself yet. This battle weakens both Houses. The Iron Islands are no problem, once the continent is taken, you can dispatch a fleet to destroy every castle and burn the trees to ensure they cannot make boats. The Lannisters are broken. The Mad Queen rules in Kings Landing, and Lord Tywin, Ser Kevan, Ser Tygett, Ser Gerion, Ser Jaime, and Tyrion are all dead or missing. Lancel is a warrior's son. The heir to Casterly Rock is Ser Kevan's son, Martyn, and the "Lady" of the Rock is Cersei Lannister. They are done thanks to their war against the Starks and Tullys. When Daenerys Taergaryen shows up with her dragons, I explains that I control all of the kingdoms and own everyone's debt, and that all I ever wanted was to be King, and if we are married, I can deliver victory. The Tyrells, realizing they are up against dragons, the north, the riverlands, the vale, and the stormlands, bend the knee, so do the Tyrells and Dorne. I get to be King and then I'm going to marry my son to Sansa Stark's daughter.

Archived