The North remembers.

Winter is coming.

Words are wind.

Seven hells

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Valar morghulis

If I look back I am lost.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

"In the end a gentle heart may be worth more than pride or valor."

Every once in a very long while, Lord Tywin Lannister would actually threaten to smile; he never did, but the threat alone was terrible to behold.

"And now it begins."

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"

"That is the only time a man can be brave."

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

"Knowledge is a weapon, Jon. Arm yourself well before you ride forth to battle."

"Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born."

"I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

"A hound will die for you, but never lie to you."

"Oh, my sweet summer child," Old Nan said quietly, "what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods."

"His name is Summer."

The snow fell and the castle rose. Two walls ankle-high, the inner taller than the outer. Towers and turrets, keeps and stairs, a round kitchen, a square armory, the stables along the inside of the west wall. It was only a castle when she began, but before very long Sansa knew it was Winterfell.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards." I have gradually grown to like Roose, in a fashion, but when first reading about the RW I was shocked. Looking back on it I think this was one of Roose's best moments so far, given his promise to Jaime previously.

"Jamie Lannister sends his regards."

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”

“What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”

"Not today.”

Archived