characters who are totally overated by many fans

ser sean of hamill

Yeah Arya dropped from my favourite to one of my least favourites

Yeah, in ACoK, Arya was one of my favorite POVs, but ever since she went to Bravoos, she started boring me to death. I like learning about the Faceless Men and their rituals, but all the rest is way too boring and slow for my taste.

GRRM has said that Tyrion is his favorite character to write. So you have to assume that his storyline will get better. Bran had been my least favorite POV until he got to the wall and BR. Now, my least favorite read is probably Dany. Shut up and fly to Dorne.

Jorah Mormont. His reason for slaving is actually pretty terrible (my wife wanted expensive things), even though he tries to paint it as romantic and sympathetic. He also pulls off a rather impressive string of betrayals while in Essos.

Willas Tyrell and Garlan Tyrell have got to be the top of this list. I just don't get the fascination. For Christ's sake, we have not even SEEN Willas Tyrell. I mean, I guess we haven't seen Rhaegar/Lyanna either, but it seems different to me. I think Willas and Garlan are fine, but the level of interest they get is way out of proportion to their impact on the story thus far.

Jorah Mormont. His reason for slaving is actually pretty terrible (my wife wanted expensive things), even though he tries to paint it as romantic and sympathetic. He also pulls off a rather impressive string of betrayals while in Essos.

Yes indeed. I find him to be profoundly selfish and lacking in honor. I do enjoy his character but I don't consider him to be a very good person.

I also find his lack of honor to be even more pronounced, due to the very sharp contrast with his father whose live was devoted to the concept.

Archived