Casting Mace Tyrell

Kaukolainen

I'm sorry if Mace's role has already been cast, but I haven't seen his name on any of the few places where I've searched for Season 3 actors. This seems pretty weird, since he's far more important a character than many others who have already been cast. In a worst-case scenario he would simply be mentioned, with Margaery/Loras taking his active role. That could also imply that GRRM doesn't want to cast him, as Mace is going to die very early in WoW.

But anyway, who would be good for playing Mace Tyrell? While reading I always pictured him as sort of Gerard Depardieu-esque character, but as far as the character's darker side goes (As in DwD-Mace and quite possibly WoW-Mace), Gerard, on my opinion, just can't pull it off as he'd always feel too comical for anything else than bragging about his nonexistant battle skills.

He's still a pretty important role it would be stupid if they left him out.

I agree, either way they already casted someone (one hell of an actor) and want to surprise us, or they will delay him.

I guess they will give his lines and actions to Olenna and Loras.

Yeah, but why? He's a great character and exists in the series (Davos mentions him in season 2, if I remember correctly).

I wouldn't say he's a necessity for season 3. His key scenes will be

the Purple Wedding (which I can't see happening this season) and the Tyrion trial (most definitely not this season). After that he'll only ever be a marginal character, unless he features more in TWoW..

So casting him right now doesn't seem massively important.

I wouldn't say he's a necessity for season 3. His key scenes will be

the Purple Wedding (which I can't see happening this season) and the Tyrion trial (most definitely not this season). After that he'll only ever be a marginal character, unless he features more in TWoW..

So casting him right now doesn't seem massively important.

Maybe they have him come to King's Landing together with/or at the same time as Oberyn in season 4.

Again, if we resolve to this, I'm on the side of those who can definitly see the PW ending this season.

But I'm quite sure Mace will not be there... I can see it being explained my Marg with something like "My father is too busy at Highgarden, he's really sorry".

I can't imagine Olenna Tyrell to go to King's Landing all on her own. But somehow I've got the feeling that they will give Mance's role to her.

I have a hard time imagining the queen of thorns beyond the wall as well. I guess this is just the way the writers want to take the show now. After season two, deviations like this were inevitable.

Mace Tyrell is Nathaniel Parker in my opinion https://lh6.googleus...20Agravaine.jpg

and other Tyrells

Willas Tyrell: Rupert Young http://www.flying-lo...57/311_1742.jpg

Garlan "the Gallant" Tyrell: Henry Cavill http://fuckyeahhenry...l-in-the-tudors

I can't understand how I could've missed Nathaniel. He has Mace written all over him. The Tyrell boys are pretty fitting, too, but so far they don't have much screentime.

I can't understand how I could've missed Nathaniel. He has Mace written all over him. The Tyrell boys are pretty fitting, too, but so far they don't have much screentime.

That is the first thing I thought when I saw him as Agravaine de Bois in Merlin.

For the boys,well... they are pretty to look at. :leer: After all Rupert Young has red hair with light green-blue eyes and I think that Willas is a typical brown hair-brown eyes Tyrell.

Archived