Big Twist

I fully believe this.

Likewise. The scene where that happens, and Cersei understands that Jaime was the valonquar all along, has the potential of being one of the best in the series. I believe George has the skill to pull that off.

As for other big twists, I think that the Children of the Forest are actually evil*. Firstly their entire impression during ADWD is extremely creepy and at odds about what we knew of them before. But what really sealed the deal for me was Bran's musings after Leaf tells him why there aren't more of them around:

Gone down into the earth, she answered. Into the stones, into the trees. Before the First Men came all this land that you call Westeros was home to us, yet even in those days we were few. The gods gave us long lives but not great numbers, lest we overrun the world like deer will overrun a wood if there are no wolves to hunt them. That was in the dawn of days, when our sun was rising. Now it sinks, and this is our long dwindling. The giants are almost gone as well, they who were our bane and our brothers. The great lions of the western hills have all been slain, the unicorns are all but gone, the mammoths down to a few hundred. The direwolves will outlast us all, but their time will come as well. In the world that men have made, there is no room for them, or us."

"She seemed sad when she said it, and that made Bran sad as well. It was only later that he thought. Men would not be sad. Men would be wroth. Men would hate and swear a bloody vengeance. The singers sing sad songs, where men would fight and kill."

Bran seems to put that down as proof of how different the Childrens' mentality is compared to humans, but I think that that is not the case here. At all. I believe Martin wanted to show us something else with that passage.

*Evil as in relation to humanity, not in the philosophical sense.

I think it would be sort of interesting if Stannis sentenced himself to death for his own crimes. Consistent with his whole the good doesn't wash away the bad mentality.

That would be a twist. However, I think its likely he may decide to join the NW to pay for his crimes.

The Night's Watch goes to hell after the assassination of Jon; the Wall falls and Night's Watch dissolves. Criminals have to die or are sent to serve on the galleys

(I hate the Night's Watch and I don't understand people who want Jon to stick to his vows (if he did, he'd be the only person in Westeros to do so).)

- LF finds Tysha, and blackmails Tyrion to annul his marriage. However Tysha curses Tyrion on sight and wants nothing to do with him.

- Tyrion hears of the hardships of Jeyne-fake Arya during her time with LF, he gets his answer finally; whores go to the Wall. There Tyrion and Jeyne marry, becoming the noseless couple.

- Cersei thinks to defeat the prophecy by having Tyrion assassinated by a faceless man (Arya)

- Upon learning that Cersei had Tyrion killed, Jaime finally has had enough of his crazed sister and kills her with his one hand, Cerseis last thoughts are that the prophecy was wrong, he didn't use both hands.

- Ramsay becomes the new Reek, after Stannis takes WF and in a mockery of the Greyjoys "We do not sow" he let's Theon reap his year long vengeance on the once Bastard of Bolton.

- Jeyne Poole inherits Casterly Rock

Archived