Jorah Mormont vs Bronn

nojia

So, who do you think would win between the two? I feel that this is an interesting match-up in particular because Jorah has bested a Dothraki bloodrider, one who relies on speed and agility in combat, similar to Bronn. However, our friendly neighborhood sellsword has easily dispatched Westerosi Knights like Jorah. Thoughts?

I'd have to go Bronn. You bring up a good point with the bloodrider thing, but I still think that yes, Bronn has won contests like this before, and there is nothing to say that Jorah would be much different. This would be a fight I'd like to see, given the caveat that no one dies, as I like both of these characters.

Bronn would win, I don't think theres any question about this one. Jorah was injured by the bloodrider in the fight even though the bloodrider had a weapon that wasn't designed to defear armor. Bronn on the other hand knows how to fight and kill knights and is very good at it. I think Bronn's skill and speed wins the day in this one.

I can't help but feel like Bronn is overrated as a fighter - yeah sure he beat Vardis Egen, who seemed to be aging and a bit chubby, in stark contrast to Bronns slim build and speed/agility based style. Jorah seems to be very powerful, and though perhaps the TV show with the more slim Iain Glen portraying him is coloring my perception, I don't doubt he has some level of speed/agility. Idk about this one.

` One of the reasons given for Bronn being really good is that he's a sellsword who has had to use his fighting ability to survive. Ditto for Jorah, who's been surviving with his sword since he fled Westeros. I'm not dismissing Bronn, but you can't dismiss Jorah either. The guy fought great during the Greyjoy Rebellion, fought with sellsword companies in the Free Cities and protected Dany. He's a big, strong guy with skills.

Would be a pretty even match. Jorah seems to be a bit bigger than Bronn though. We should do a bracket, with polls "Best fighter in Westeros"

Brilliant idea. Would Hot Pie be a 16 seed, or the play-in game...? Heheheheh

Brilliant idea. Would Hot Pie be a 16 seed, or the play-in game...? Heheheheh

I would include the following (everyone in their prime of course), and I would note that only people alive at the time of aGoT are allowed.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

Ser Jorah Mormont

Eddard Stark

Robert Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Ser Gregor Clegane

Ser Jaime Lannister

Greatjon Umber

Mance Rayder

Khal Drogo

Darkstar

Ser Barristan Selmy

Yohn Royce

Ser Garlan Tyrell

Ser Loras Tyrell

Brienne the Beauty

I would include the following (everyone in their prime of course), and I would note that only people alive at the time of aGoT are allowed.

Ser Jorah Mormont

Eddard Stark

Robert Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Ser Gregor Clegane

Ser Jaime Lannister

Greatjon Umber

Mance Rayder

Khal Drogo

Darkstar

Ser Barristan Selmy

Yohn Royce

Ser Garlan Tyrell

Ser Loras Tyrell

Brienne the Beauty

Unless i missed him,Syrion needs to be in there.

Ser Jorah Mormont

Eddard Stark

Robert Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Ser Gregor Clegane

Ser Jaime Lannister

Greatjon Umber

Mance Rayder

Khal Drogo

Darkstar

Ser Barristan Selmy

Yohn Royce

Ser Garlan Tyrell

Ser Loras Tyrell

Brienne the Beauty

I'm not a Syrio fan but I certainly don't think Loras should be on that list and not Syrio. Also the list is missing Jon Snow (who I believe is easily as skilled with a sword as Loras if not better) and the Halfhand. Also Victorian Greyjoy and Addam Marbrand

I'm not a Syrio fan but I certainly don't think Loras should be on that list and not Syrio. Also the list is missing Jon Snow (who I believe is easily as skilled with a sword as Loras if not better) and the Halfhand. Also Victorian Greyjoy and Addam Marbrand

Victarion! yes, he definitely belongs, huge oversight there. Addam Marbrand? eh. Also, Jon Snow got destroyed by Mance already.

Victarion! yes, he definitely belongs, huge oversight there. Addam Marbrand? eh. Also, Jon Snow got destroyed by Mance already.

From everything I've read about Marbrand he is a very skilled warrior not only with the sword but also on horseback. He is certainly better than Loras as a swordsman, he trained with Jaime for years. The Halfhand is also much better than Loras.

Ser Addam Marbrand is the son and heir of Lord Damon Marbrand of Ashemark. Addam is an excellent horseman and swordfighter. During his youth, he was page at Casterly Rock and a childhood friend of Jaime Lannister.[1][2] He is rangy, with dark, shoulder-length copper hair

Ser Jorah Mormont

Eddard Stark

Robert Baratheon

Sandor Clegane

Ser Gregor Clegane

Ser Jaime Lannister

Greatjon Umber

Mance Rayder

Khal Drogo

Darkstar

Ser Barristan Selmy

Yohn Royce

Ser Garlan Tyrell

Ser Loras Tyrell

Brienne the Beauty

I would also suggest

Prince Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper

Robar Royce

Any of the Fighters from Daznaks Pit

Daario Naharis

Tormund Giantsbane

Ser Brynden Tully the Black Fish

As to the Topic of the Discussion, I believe that Bronn would win against Jorah Mormont, Although it would be something to an end similar to that of Oberyn and Gregor...

Archived