Manning the Royal Navy: WK's Guide to Shipping in ASoIaF-Take 2

Winter's Knight

Why not Jaime/Brienne? This one is kind of Westeros's Pride and Prejudice. And for the Dany/Stannis, have you seen the war between their supporters in the board?

I don't like Jaime/Brienne-it's so cliche. It's a pre-teen pop romance, a Disney sitcom plot: Jock dumps Bitchy Cheerleader for Unpopular Good Girl. Add some show-tunes and you have the entire first season of Glee.

ETA: Have you read P&P? How is it anything like Jaime/Brienne?

Danystan'd be the unifying marriage!

I think it's the sexual tension between Jaime and Brienne that makes their pairing interesting. If they were to get together it would be like those TV shows that thrive on the tension between the main characters and then, when they get together, the show goes straight to hell.

whatttttttttt

excuse you

I don't like Jaime/Brienne-it's so cliche. It's a pre-teen pop romance, a Disney sitcom plot: Jock dumps Bitchy Cheerleader for Unpopular Good Girl. Add some show-tunes and you have the entire first season of Glee.

ETA: Have you read P&P? How is it anything like Jaime/Brienne?

Danystan'd be the unifying marriage!

Brienne Bennett meets Jaime D'Arcy who is haughty with her; she has her prejudices against him; they don't get along well during the course of the travelogue then during the middle of the novel; Jaime D'Arcy saves Brienne (and not her sis and family) from a very nasty situation and then they start to get along with a palpable attraction between them. We don't know yet how it will end but I'd say the start is kind of similar, with some variations

I think it's the sexual tension between Jaime and Brienne that makes their pairing interesting. If they were to get together it would be like those TV shows that thrive on the tension between the main characters and then, when they get together, the show goes straight to hell.

A little Moonlighting? Cheers!

Now this just made me think of Edward from Twilight and his popsicle dick. (yes it's in the book)

That exact line? Context needed because that is just awful...

Why not Jaime/Brienne? This one is kind of Westeros's Pride and Prejudice. And for the Dany/Stannis, have you seen the war between their supporters in the board?

P&P? I don't get that, can you explain cause I'm not seeing it.

Yes, the spoiler tags worked and the "evidence" are numerous enough to start a cursus on the matter.

I'll take that as a compliment. You notice I left out all the sexual imagery and the comments from him as well.

Brienne Bennett meets Jaime D'Arcy who is haughty with her; she has her prejudices against him; they don't get along well during the course of the travelogue then during the middle of the novel; Jaime D'Arcy saves Brienne (and not her sis and family) from a very nasty situation and then they start to get along with a palpable attraction between them. We don't know yet how it will end but I'd say the start is kind of similar, with some variations

Except that Eliza began falling for Fitz long before he saved her, that he was a highly moral person and wasn't sleeping with Georgina.

One thing I never registered before: when we first meet Mr Darcy, he is in bad mood because Wickham tried to elope with his sister barely two months ago!

There were popsicle weiners in Twilight? I learn something new every day on this board.

Tee-hee. His skin was "cold as ice" so... And then Bella slept with him while he was still a vamp so that must have been unconfortable, can you imagine? Just thinking of an ice-cold dick... my vagina shudders

Hm, yeah, but Liz was WRONG about Darcy, he didn't ruin Mr Wickham's life for example, while Jaime DID do all the nasty things Brienne thinks he did (and more, he threw a little boy out of a window and is fucking his sister).

Ps: and lady lea as well! First of her name and queen of sass.

you're welcome darling

Except that Eliza began falling for Fitz long before he saved her, that he was a highly moral person and wasn't sleeping with Georgina.

One thing I never registered before: when we first meet Mr Darcy, he is in bad mood because Wickham tried to elope with his sister barely two months ago!

Well, to some variations, the stories are quite similar. Brienne was wrong about Jaime for Aerys's murder and I think she started falling in love during that bathroom scene at Harrenhal.

Tee-hee. His skin was "cold as ice" so... And then Bella slept with him while he was still a vamp so that must have been unconfortable, can you imagine? Just thinking of an ice-cold dick... my vagina shudders

Hm, yeah, but Liz was WRONG about Darcy, he didn't ruin Mr Wickham's life for example, while Jaime DID do all the nasty things Brienne thinks he did (and more, he threw a little boy out of a window and is fucking his sister).

Cold Edward sex leaves me with shudders. yuck. And now I really need to do a P&P reread.

And to keep this on-topic. The idea that Mr. and Mrs. Davos may not see each other again leaves me depressed.

Two months? How is that possible? She was 15 when the whole she-bang with Wickham happened, and 16 when the story began. Darcy couldn't "convey the depth of her despair", I don't think after just 2 months he'd then just leave her alone to go frolicking in the country with Bingley. It has to be more than that.

On topic though, what's this evidence that Stannis will be the Night King? Is he about to become interesting? omg what a twist

Two months? How is that possible? She was 15 when the whole she-bang with Wickham happened, and 16 when the story began. Darcy couldn't "convey the depth of her despair", I don't think after just 2 months he'd then just leave her alone to go frolicking in the country with Bingley. It has to be more than that.

She was sixteen the following summer when Lizzie first met her at Peemberley. The incident took place the preceding summer. Bingley moved to Netherfeild Park at the end of September and it is another two weeks at least before he fetches Darcy and his sisters from London.

She was sixteen the following summer when Lizzie first met her at Peemberley. The incident took place the preceding summer. Bingley moved to Netherfeild Park at the end of September and it is another two weeks at least before he fetches Darcy and his sisters from London.

Wow super disappointed at Austen's timeline tbh!

Archived