Confessions....Say What v3!

I depise the Lannisters with everything in me and think the whole family should be brutally wiped out.

I think Kevin Lannister deserved death I hope his pathetic son die too.

I still think Jamie Lannister is evil and I still haven't seen any sign of redeemtion he's all talk no action

I liked AFFC it was calm and fear free for Sansa and Arya

I care about the Starks above anything else in the books and the direwolves and will sacrifice everybody else for them

I like Dany and hope she sits the throne

I dislike the Baratheons, I blame Robert for the War of the Five Kings, and Lady's death. I think Renly was a flashy bitch. Stannis is entitled and a fanatic punk I hope the North turns on him

I hate the Tullys except Edmure.

I like Rhaegar and don't care that he stole Lyanna, I also blame Robert for that war he should have handled the situation differently

I'm glad Robert never got Lyanna

If I have to sacrifice Tyrion so that Tywin's evil line will die out I will

I think all Frays and Boltons should also die with their children

B.....b...but that's what what this forum is for, Are we not meeting all your asoiaf needs :crying:

My asoiaf needs, yes, my other needs... not so much

How cool would it be to settle a discussion on who'd be the better ruler of Westeros with sex? eh? not sure how the sex would help decide it but hey, couldn't hurt

My asoiaf needs, yes, my other needs... not so much

How cool would it be to settle a discussion on who'd be the better ruler of Westeros with sex? eh? not sure how the sex would help decide it but hey, couldn't hurt

hah I was just making a joke, and If that were the criteria for settling whose the better ruler for Westeros this board would be a never ending, continuous orgy.

hah I was just making a joke, and If that were the criteria for settling whose the better ruler for Westeros this board would be a never ending, continuous orgy.

hah i know, darling ;)

and yes, these past days alone would have been veeeery interesting

I don't like the Heresy threads.

I have fate in Dany (yes... even after ADWD).

I find Sansan relationship a very true and beautiful love story (call me a sick bastard, I don't mind).

I would like the main heroes (Jon, Bran, Dany...) to save the day.

I want Stannis on the Iron throne or the Small Council at the end.

I like Theon. And Melisandre. Yes, Mel.

If Greatjon dies I will disown the series.

By contrast, if literally everyone except Greatjon dies, I'd be okay with it.

Stannis is one of my favorite characters, and if he doesn't end up being King, I'd still be really happy to see him as LC of the Nights Watch. I think he's always been well suited for The Wall and is slowly realizing it.

I actually find Brans chapters - moreso since the intro of the Reeds - very interesting and it kind of bothers me how few he has. I felt alike one of ASoS's few flaws was that it could have used literally just one more Bran chapter.

My "ships" are pretty much all the usual generic ones EXCEPT Jon and Dany...I really hope that doesn't happen.

At the end of the series, I don't think the Iron Throne is going to matter - GRRM basically just gave us entire books worth of stuff that ultimately doesn't really matter because he's GRRM.

Some more confessions from my troubled mind:

-I dont want all Frey's to be killed.

-I like ser Alliser Thorne and hopes that he survives, atleast he is coming back one way or another like he said..

-I dont want the Wildlings to settle in the North.

-I hope that Westeros is once again split into seperate kingdoms, as of old.

-I dont want Jon as king, of the Iron Throne or of the North. If anyone is to rule the whole thing then its Stannis. If the realm is divided then Sansa should rule as Queen of the North.

-Cat is one of my favorite characters.

Hmmmm... sounds interesting.

I like both Daenerys (no surprise there) and Stannis. Daenerys mainly because, even with her major screw-up in Meereen, she is still, to me anyway, the most interesting character in this story. (Then again, I like stories about people reclaiming family birthrights so...) Stannis, on the other hand, is that grizzled, no nosense, commander with the best claim to the throne without having to rely on Right of Conquest (he still has enemies to defeat in order to get the throne, but by all the laws of gods and men he is the rightful ruler in the Baratheon line that overthrew the Targaryens via Robert's Rebellion). Dany doesn't even have that since, as a member of the disposed royal family, she'd have to win the throne back by Right of Conquest.

I think R + L = J is true, but I don't think Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. The chances of Aerys granting the permission required for a polygamous marriage at the time seems very slim. Aerys already was paranoid of Rhaegar and would probably think that him marrying Lyanna would be a threat to his throne. However, there is a non-zero chance that Rhaegar says "screw this" and has a maester or septon marry them anyway out of spite. (I would assume a marriage in the tradition of the Old Gods would be conducted by a maester or high ranking lord, as is the case between Ramsey Snow and "Arya Stark." Right now I can't remember who actually officiated that wedding and my mother has the copy of ADwD that I was reading)

The only reason I read Catelyn's and Sansa's chapters (Sansa's pre-AFfC) is because they were the next chapters in sequence and I don't believe in skipping chapters. Catelyn's chapters bored me to tears except for the Red Wedding and any time Robb was "on screen." (I loved Robb and after he starts marching south, the only way to keep track of him was through Catelyn. I was actually a full blown Stark loyalist until the RW.) Sansa got more bearable in AFfC and her chapters during the Battle of Blackwater and Joffery's wedding were interesting, but all of her chapters in AGoT and most of the chapters in ACoK and ASoS were tough to get through.

While I'll never forgive the Lannisters, (excluding Tommen, Myrcella, and Tyrion for various reasons of innocence and awesomeness. Including Joffery because, like his siblings, he isn't a Baratheon) I have to admit that they are very interesting characters that are fun to read. I mean, come on! You have Jamie, who practically oozes arrogance until the start of his redemption arc and even then still is cocky. Cersei is a drunk, just like her late husband, and incompetent but has an attitude that screams "pay attention to everything I do." Tywin has a song about his awesome deeds (that and Charles Dance plays him exactly as I imagined). And let's not forget Tyrion, even though I can forgive a bunch of his faults, he is still one messed up guy.

I have a feeling that Archmaester Marwyn will play a pivotal role in the "song of Ice and Fire." Exactly what this role will be (other than counseling Dany, which is almost a given) is a mystery, but I expect a lot more from our archmaester who is the leading expert in all things magical and occult.

Dany will have to go to Asshai before going to Westeros. This is, of course, after she burns Jhaqo and his bloodriders, takes the khalasar to Vaes Dothrak, gets the blessing of the dosh khaleen and unites the khalasars, marches on Meereen with all the Dothraki behind her and Drogon, reunites with her other two dragons and her people (not the ones native to Meereen, Barristan and company) and then probably heads to Valyria for a quick stop before realizing what the whole mixed directions thing meant and heads for Asshai. Which brings me to my final confession for now...

GRRM will not finish the series in seven books. I (and my entire family that has read the books to this point) just don't see this happening. There are too many subplots and story threads that have to happen in order to finish Dany's story (and Jon's too most likely... despite his current situation) that he'll need at least another couple of books. The question is, can he keep Westeros in the holding pattern that it's in for that long? Yes, the Others will be marching south with winter now upon us but I don't think we'll see spring by the end of ADoS.

Of all the rotten things the Lannisters have done, the thing I'm most upset about is the theft of Ice and it's reforging into two gaudy circus swords. What Tywin did was not only dishonest and arrogant, it was in terrible taste.

I don't have enough likes for this. The only time I side-eyed Brienne was when she mooned over Oathkeeper. It would be a perfectly nice sword if she only had the tacky lion decorations removed. It would still carry sentimental value as her Jaime's gift since the blade would keep his real family colors :P.

B.....b...but that's what what this forum is for, Are we not meeting all your asoiaf needs :crying:

Are you offering to fulfill all of Lady Lea's ASoIaF needs? If not, I have to believe there are some forum users that will help.

1. I like Petyr Baelish. I think he understandably wants to raise hell using what he has, which is smarts, basically. He has every reason to be a rebel... is a bit of a creepster but hasn't raped Sansa, for instance, which makes him better than many other characters. Imagine being raised as a lowborn side to side with highborn kids and wanting what they have but knowing he'll never be meant to have it. Also unrequited love and whatnot. Lysa was a lost soul, but perhaps it would have been a mercy to just kill her son off along with her so he wouldn't suffer (and whine) about losing mum.

2. I like the Tullys... all of them. Yes, Lysa was amusing as a crackpot. Glad to see her go, though. Cat should've stayed dead, though, I think. She came back only for revenge and a miserable weird zombie existence. Would be more interested in seeing what Beric could pull off as unununBeric and wouldn't mind grieving for Cat.

3. I still don't like Sansa much, but I have a feeling I may end up liking her if she uses that hairnet that she stuffed in her pocket with the Asshai "amethysts" for some mischief further along. I think she may not have planned to use it but some part of her knew she might need it. She's surely got stuff brewing up deep on the recesses of her mind/heart.

4. I love Stannis. I think he's ever so human, in a fantasy way. He's not too honourable and not too dishonourable. Not too trusting or too distrusting etc. Plus, I like Dillane and he's taken over Stannis' face for me. Sometimes I wish he had sexytimes with Melisandre more often and not just for shadowbabies, but that's just the creep in me as that would be irrelevant for the books.

5. I'm getting a bit fed up with Jon. I hope he becomes something really awesome after coming back from the dead and that it does spring more from his own lifeforce rather than just being the second coming of Azor Ahai and losing his Jon personality/history traits.

6. I hope Aegon is legit but somehow forfeits his claim and/or becomes instrumental to restoring the condition of multiple kingships in Westeros instead of 7 kingdoms ruled by one king.

Of all the rotten things the Lannisters have done, the thing I'm most upset about is the theft of Ice and it's reforging into two gaudy circus swords. What Tywin did was not only dishonest and arrogant, it was in terrible taste.

Can I just say, I've never agreed with anything more on this board than this. Ice....the ancestral Valyrian blade of the north, passed down from generation to generation for thousands of years by Starks of the First Men, essentially destroyed and reforged for the house who betrayed them....

Fuck a Lannister!

oh, forgot to mention Theon. I like Theon now. At first he was just a cocky lad but the whole shitstorm with Ramsay just broke my heart. I think he's had enough by way of suffering... and it must be really fucked up to spend your life as a hostage. I sympathise with him now. He should survive and take the black or something... although to be fair, the NW is probably not surviving the real war (Others vs the world) as we know it. Maybe he should just die then. Anyhow, I like Theon.

Can I just say, I've never agreed with anything more on this board than this. Ice....the ancestral Valyrian blade of the north, passed down from generation to generation for thousands of years by Starks of the First Men, essentially destroyed and reforged for the house who betrayed them....

Fuck a Lannister!

"And when the Imp swooped down upon his green-backed dragon, the glint of Brightroar in his hand was too beautiful to ignore. Valonqar, eh? I'll show you a little brother. Rhaegal lit the Dowager Queen ablaze.

Tyrion continued on his journey, reforging Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper anew with the breath of his mount. Ice born from fire, he thought.He flew off to Winterfell to meet with the Queen in the North and present her with a divorce gift. The ancestral sword back in its ancestral home once more, Tyrion sat down to feast with Sansa and her Lord Husband, Sandor Stark. And the grease dripped down his beard and lo, how all was good..."

Or something equally sickening heartwarming.

Archived