Tyrions journey to Danaerys

Qartheen Merchant

I have a hard time believing that Tyrion has traveled all that way just to get eaten in the closing act of Meereen. I think he will end up becoming a very valuable political adviser to Dany, with his time as Hand perhaps helping her close out the situation in Meereen and get underway. His knowledge of Westerosi politics will be essential for any campaign she hopes to launch on the continent.

Of course, this being Martin, things won't go smoothly or as planned. Tyrion will probably snark his way into a tight place and take some time to earn Dany's confidence.

Hopefully he takes Dany down a peg or ten.

I too see Tyrion ending up as Dany's Hand but the people of King's Landing hate him so I can't see an easy way to make " the people" accept him unless...

He's clothed in motley and scampers about a little for the " public" but inside the castle etc. everyone would know he's a boss.

If God hears my prayers, in her bed. So I can grab popcorn and come here to amuse myself with the incessant complaining against Martin's misogyny.

In a more serious note, I don't actually expect their relationship to develop easily. Not even by the end of the tale. I think it'll be more of a begrudging respect and a certain... How can I say... Fascination with the other, but never a true trusting friendship like some people can.

Tyrion will probably survive the Battle of Mereen, but I don't think the two of them will be meeting up until the last book. I think Dany's going to Westeros after the Great Grass Sea, so unless Tyrion finds transportation to Vaes Dothrak, the two will remained removed from one another. In order to contrast her time in Mereen, Dany is going to be on her own for a while, and Tyrion needs to be privy to the Great Greyjoy Dragon Theft.

Tyrion wont get in her good graces easily. He's a Lannister and she probably views him as one of the "usurpers dogs." But she'd have to realize Tyrion had nothing to do with the downfall of her family, and she may see his importance. What adds another factor is whatever word Barristan puts in (if he's still alive at that point). He knows the Imp, and knowing Barristan I'm not sure he'd think highly of him.

Tyrion will probably survive the Battle of Mereen, but I don't think the two of them will be meeting up until the last book. I think Dany's going to Westeros after the Great Grass Sea, so unless Tyrion finds transportation to Vaes Dothrak, the two will remained removed from one another. In order to contrast her time in Mereen, Dany is going to be on her own for a while, and Tyrion needs to be privy to the Great Greyjoy Dragon Theft.

How the hell will Daenerys' go to Westeros without returning to Mereen? She needs an army, which is in Mereen, she needs ships, which is in Mereen, and she needs her advisors, which are in Mereen. She ain't going to Westeros without returning to Mereen first. I honestly expect her to help Barristan help the battle with her new khalasar.

Hopefully he takes Dany down a peg or ten.

Do you really think Tyrion would put his life at risk just to try and humble Dany? Bearing in mind that, by the time they meet, she will be leading a huge khalasar and will be firmly bonded with Drogon. This is the same Tyrion who heaped praise on Daenerys to Aegon, and the same Tyrion who was rescued from certain death by Daenerys.

On a meta level, Dany stands a lot to gain by adding Tyrion to her advisers. But within the text... Tyrion stands to gain a lot more by allying with Queen Daenerys, the First of Her Name.

Hopefully she takes him down a peg or ten, and forcefully annuls his marriage to Queen Sansa, the First of Her Name. :cheers:

If God hears my prayers, in her bed. So I can grab popcorn and come here to amuse myself with the incessant complaining against Martin's misogyny.

In a more serious note, I don't actually expect their relationship to develop easily. Not even by the end of the tale. I think it'll be more of a begrudging respect and a certain... How can I say... Fascination with the other, but never a true trusting friendship like some people can.

:rofl:

I dont think she will accept him right away. Barristan might help him in this regard but anything can happen. I dont see tyrion being her hand, a close advisor yes, but hand? He is guilty of kinslaying and everyone thinks he is also a kingslayer, I dont see him holding much power in westeros, even if dany likes him.

barristan likes tyrion ??? tyrion son of the mighty tywin... the tywin who sacked kings landing, the tywin that doesn't help his king, and also the monster our beloved tywin sends bash the head of raeghar's son raped his wife and killed his daughter ? and on top of that tyrion's sister the royal cunt remove barristan from the kingsguard.

I think Dany will return with the new khalasar and Drogon to help crush the forces of Yunkai. However, I would foresee Barristan being a problem for Tyrion. He's pretty high on his horse and since almost everyone already looks down at Tyrion I cannot imagine that he will be an exception. That being said, Barristan may die in the battle and Dany hasnt always listening to his council. She may disregard Barristan's opinions on Tyrion, especially if he does something particularly helpful or heroic in the battle. I think Tyrion will end up being one of Dany's trusted advisors and a great ally upon her return to Westeros, but I'm not sure he will end up her hand. That would be nice symmetry to their fathers though.

How the hell will Daenerys' go to Westeros without returning to Mereen? She needs an army, which is in Mereen, she needs ships, which is in Mereen, and she needs her advisors, which are in Mereen. She ain't going to Westeros without returning to Mereen first. I honestly expect her to help Barristan help the battle with her new khalasar.

Mereen is toast. Dany won't return to cinder and ash, and by that point one of the Greyjoys will be returning to the 7 Kingdoms with one or two of Dany's dragons. She's got to get to Westeros, and she'll get there by dragonback. I'm thinking there's a good chance that Euron/Moqorro/Vicky/Tyrion will transport much of Dany's militia (or whatever militia survives) under the false pretense that they've arrived to help the Young Queen retake her throne. I don't think there's time for Dany to resolve her shit in The Great Grass Sea, finish the Battle of Mereen, travel to Westeros, finish off Aegon and help fight the Others all in the span of two books. The Battle of Mereen will be Victarion/Tyrion/Barristan plot, and Dany needs to be stripped of her power. Crucibles abound for major POVs in the next 3,000 pages, and Dany's story is due for some serious hardships.

barristan likes tyrion ??? tyrion son of the mighty tywin... the tywin who sacked kings landing, the tywin that doesn't help his king, and also the monster our beloved tywin sends bash the head of raeghar's son raped his wife and killed his daughter ? and on top of that tyrion's sister the royal cunt remove barristan from the kingsguard.

Well the obvious answer to that is who killed Tywin?

I think the bear is going to be of some help too for Dany to warm up to Tyrion.

Also, Tyrion has had a fascination for dragons ever since he was a child. He's been reading up on dragons and possibly is the most knowledgeable in dragons outside of the maesters citadel. That could be of great use for Danaerys I think, or a weapon against dragons depending on which side Tyrion ends up.

Tyrion has gotten himself in a difficult predicament, he is a Lannister and now he has aligned himself with a sellsword company that turned cloak on Daenerys. I don't know if it is going to work out too well for him when he does eventually meet her, but I am cheering for the little guy.

I agree: i can see a fascination happening (he loves dragons and she's the mother of dragons, he's probably the first person she will meet that actually knows stuff about dragons) but there's too much history between their families and Dany has showed that she doesn't distinguish much among the "usurper dogs".

but if she beds him... Oh the discussions! The metas! popcorn for me too! :P

Archived