Tyrions journey to Danaerys

Qartheen Merchant

I agree: i can see a fascination happening (he loves dragons and she's the mother of dragons, he's probably the first person she will meet that actually knows stuff about dragons) but there's too much history between their families and Dany has showed that she doesn't distinguish much among the "usurper dogs".

but if she beds him... Oh the discussions! The metas! popcorn for me too! :P

And he dreams of mounting a dragon. "Dragon" is metaphor for Targaryen and "mounting" is euphemism for your old in-out-in-out. Foreshadowing, I tell you. Foreshadowing.

I don't think Tyrion will be killed before doing something important; I think he will help Dany win the eastern war and come back to Westeros with her, but if he wants to be on her good side, he should learn to shut his damn mouth. Tyrion has a tendency to be an insulting smartass when it's least convenient, and Dany takes herself very seriously and has no sense of humor at all, at least when the jokes are about her.

So Tyrion, no jokes about Daenerys boobs, Daenerys sex life, her family's madness, her period as a beggar, her rights to the Iron Throne, or about rape, slavery or prostitution in general; if you want to tell her something, be serious and respectful and she will listen to you; otherwise she will throw some cheesy dragon lines and feed you to her pets.

I too see Tyrion ending up as Dany's Hand but the people of King's Landing hate him so I can't see an easy way to make " the people" accept him unless...

There was another kinslayer with mismatched eyes who served as Hand to a Targaryen trueblooded Monarch. That Hand was bastard-half-brother to the Monarch, as Tyrion has been rumoured to be Dany's bastard-half-brother as well. History could repeat itself. Tyrion doesn't have a thousand eyes and one, though. But, he is equally hated.

I see Dany not warming up to Tyrion in the beginning. However, the fact that Tyrion killed Joffrey and Tywin and wants nothing more to bring down his sister will earn him her favor.

Yeah i think so too. It will take some doing, but i do see Tyrion joining up with Dany soon.

Mereen is toast. Dany won't return to cinder and ash, and by that point one of the Greyjoys will be returning to the 7 Kingdoms with one or two of Dany's dragons.

Do you really believe that Moqorro is trying to help Victarion get the dragons? I am convinced that Moqorro is there to help Daenerys. We do know that the red priests of R'hllor in Volantis see her as Azor Ahai reborn. I rather suspect that blowing the Dragon Horn will indeed summon a dragon, but will not make Victarion the dragon's master. With no knowledge of dragon control, Victarion is more likely to end up as the dragon's dinner.

Omg what if dany decides make tyrion king of meereen and the other slaver cities upon her departure!? :o he would obviously make a great ruler but I don't know if I want him in that horrendous place. But how awesome for him to become a king. But then again he is a kinslayer and that is beyond vile. I am so confused :(

I dont think she will accept him right away. Barristan might help him in this regard but anything can happen. I dont see tyrion being her hand, a close advisor yes, but hand? He is guilty of kinslaying and everyone thinks he is also a kingslayer, I dont see him holding much power in westeros, even if dany likes him.

Tyrion giving his promissory notes to the Second Sons with the only way for them to benefit is for Tyrion to claim Casterly Rock will most likely convince Ben Plumb to change sides in order to assist Dany’s takeover of Westeros. Barriston would welcome the aid of the Second Sons and when Barriston sees that Tyrion was instrumental in convincing Ben Plumb to make the change and set his sites on Westeros itself, he might be open to any assistance that Tyrion can give. Having known Tyrion for all the years that Cersei was Robert’s queen, Barriston knows that Tyrion has a quick and insightful mind. Barriston probably would seek any info that Tyrion could give and would be amazed at the report that Tyrion would give regarding conditions in Westeros and especially of Aegon, Connington and Lemore. With Dany gone from Meereen, and the information of Quaithe’s warning with her, Barriston acting on Dany’s behalf could use a familiar, strategic mind that’s knowledgeable of Westeros to assist him. Once Barriston hears that Tyrion escaped from Cersei and is blamed for killing both Joffrey and Tywin, he could give Tyrion the chance to redeem himself from what Jaime and Tywin did to Dany’s family and use Tyrion as a strategic counselor

I agree that it will take time to trust Tyrion. But Jaime the kingslayer is asked by Cersei to be Tomman's Hand. Tywin is known to have given the order to kill Rheagar's wife and children and other than Robert was the most powerful man in Westeros. So, in time I think it is possible for Tyrion to gain the trust needed to be on the small council.

I guess trusting Tyrion will be Dany's big test, because I guess most of us assume that listening to him would benefit her. But just like Cersei, Dany had a prophecy telling her to distrust Tyrion. Would be a nice way for her to show that she's better than paranoid Cersei, able to judge people on their merits and not prejudge them based on prophecies.

I don't think Dany will like Tyrion, but she might listen to him nevertheless - simply because she might be able to recognize that he's providing sound counsel and has good ideas. She might be able to recognize the value in his knowlege about Westeros and his experience with Aegon. Considering this, Dany might be able to set aside her personal distaste. She did not like any of her Meereneese liasons either, but was willing to try working with them, as long as she could see the value in the aliance. Dany can be pretty pragmatic about these things.

Do you really believe that Moqorro is trying to help Victarion get the dragons? I am convinced that Moqorro is there to help Daenerys. We do know that the red priests of R'hllor in Volantis see her as Azor Ahai reborn. I rather suspect that blowing the Dragon Horn will indeed summon a dragon, but will not make Victarion the dragon's master. With no knowledge of dragon control, Victarion is more likely to end up as the dragon's dinner.

I think Moqorro's spell gave Victarion the power necessary to blow that horn and bind a dragon with out the deadly side effects that would have prevented him from doing such. The Greyjoys will steal Viserion, and that will be Dany's Betrayal for Gold. Mel's a red priest who jumped on the wrong ship, why can't Moqorro follow suit?

He bored the pance off me in Dance and has let himself down in many places but i think Tyrion has a part still to play. Im hoping hel redeem himself in TWOW. I agree with those who think that Tyrion and Dany will never be more than grudgingly admiring of eachother. Tyrions smart and can think on his feet and has a knowledge of dragons all of which is attractive to Dany. Dany has her dragons, and by all accounts is fairly mint so Tyrions interest is undoubted

I think Moqorro's spell gave Victarion the power necessary to blow that horn and bind a dragon with out the deadly side effects that would have prevented him from doing such. The Greyjoys will steal Viserion, and that will be Dany's Betrayal for Gold. Mel's a red priest who jumped on the wrong ship, why can't Moqorro follow suit?

What spell was that? Anyone can blow the horn, but the dragon would be bound only to the owner of the magic horn. So, Victorion could probably get one of his own men/prisoner to blow the horn for him, as Euron did during the kingsmoot.

Why does everyone say victorian will take viserion? Why not rhaegal?

I am also in the camp that believes Tyrion will eventually be an important advisor to Dany. And he'll win her over like he does everybody else: with his wit, sarcasm, and lack of charm. What will convince Dany, though, is Tyrion's equal desire to completely decimate the ruling body in Westeros. They're both on a quest for vengeance and this will eventually endear him to her despite Barristan's misgivings. There's been too much mentioned about Tyrion's fascination with dragons for him to end up having nothing to do with dragons or the Mother of Dragons. And like GRRM keeps reminding us, he'll cast a large shadow.

Also agreed that Dany has to return to Meereen. Her whole fucking army is there, not to mention her other two dragons. And she's not invading Westeros with a khalasar. But she'll invade and retake Meereen with a khalasar for sures, this time doing the right thing by giving Meereen back to the people and leaving that shithole behind forever. Victarion's going to be a significant ally, but I'm wondering what role he will play beyond sailing her back to Westeros. Wondering if she will take to the Red God and what that means for her story. No doubt that Victarion and Moqorro have more purpose than just a ferry ride, but curious about the extent to which they will influence her journey.

Archived