Dany/Mirri Daz Murr question *Spoiler*

antagamo

Hi everyone! First time poster here. Just finished CoK and I am obsessed with these books!

My question deals with the GoT book in regards to the tent scene with Dany, Drogo and Mirri. The tv show (or the book, I don't remember) led me to believe that Dany would never be able to have a child after giving birth the scaly, abomination monster. Did anyone else get this? Is this true? If my answer leads to a spoiler then don't respond. But I was just thinking how sad it would be if the Targaryen line ended with Dany. She's the mother of Dragons for Christ sake!

She has said before that the dragons are her children now and blah blah blah. But I feel if she could no longer have children of her own, it would be a huge deal, right? The book never mentions it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts people. On to read a Storm of Swords :D

Yes, that's what Dany takes away from that scene in the tent, that she is barren. However, some people on this board consider this a prophecy that needs to come to pass before she can have children. That the sun must set in the east, etc. And later... plot thickens :)

I am currently reading CoK and so far I too take it that Dany is barren. This is not really confirmed though, Mirri Maz Duur has done and said things on her own agenda.

I don't know, it would not suprise me if Mirri was lying to Dany.

As to the Targaryen line ending, I don't believe that at all. There is offcourse the strong L+R=J theory, and I dare to bet there are more Targaryens running around Westeros.

• 9 months later...

Dany would certainly want to know. Maybe MMD is just trolling her and wants to add more pain to her injury, but bingo! Dany, who is prone to be betrayed, believed MMDs word that she ain't gonna have babies anymore until this yada-yada-yada comes to pass. Was that even a prophecy?

• 1 month later...

Yes, that's what Dany takes away from that scene in the tent, that she is barren. However, some people on this board consider this a prophecy that needs to come to pass before she can have children. That the sun must set in the east, etc. And later... plot thickens :)

Plot thickens indeed.

Archived